Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you like your gold? IMPORTANT message here, then.

+19
Demurral
Ariden
Feydor
Etular
Ron Sexton
teirzul
Lavian
Melnerag
Ralegh
Seranita
Yarnaat
Zinkle Figgins
Eowale
Rmuffn
Nifty
Cid
Saevir
Mandui
John Helsythe Amaltheria
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you like your gold? IMPORTANT message here, then. Empty Do you like your gold? IMPORTANT message here, then.

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Lólábell, a lvl 5 female gnome is stealing money through the GHI item. I can try to give more details once you whisper me or you could find them out yourself. Never the less.. this is really serious in my eyes, as she can trade GHI items that hack the game, forcing ppl to trade her gold in a descreet manner. Cheers

This is the ticket I just sent to blizzard. Watch out people, innocent looking gnome is NOT innocent.

This reminds me when some guy promoted himself to Guild Master and robbed the guild bank of the blazing shields, through GHI items. It's sad that some people abuse this awesome addon.

Edit: Not every roleplayer is using the forums so feel free to spread the word in your guild. I saw quite some people accepting the candy GHI items from this Lólábell
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Do you like your gold? IMPORTANT message here, then. Empty Re: Do you like your gold? IMPORTANT message here, then.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:03 pm

Crafty bastards...thanks for notice.

Back to top Go down

Do you like your gold? IMPORTANT message here, then. Empty Re: Do you like your gold? IMPORTANT message here, then.

Post by Mandui Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:09 pm

Helsythe wrote:
Edit: Not every roleplayer is using the forums so feel free to spread the word in your guild. I saw quite some people accepting the candy GHI items from this Lólábell
Inb4 candy van joke xD
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:11 pm

Crash and burn...
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:13 pm

This (along with lagging my client to hell in capital cities) is why I don't use GHI. You're kinda asking for it by using an add-on explicitly designed to allow remote code execution.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:28 pm

I don't accept stuff from strangers...

... outside guild. Razz
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:43 pm

I'm glad we decided to throw her into the canals for driving a business at our turf!
Nifty
Nifty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:36 am

Cid wrote:I don't accept stuff from strangers...

... outside guild. At all. Razz
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:56 am

Gnomes. What will they think of next?!
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:18 am

Nifty wrote:I'm glad we decided to throw her into the canals for driving a business at our turf!
Warn everyone not to trade with her, no matter if she claims to be some dealer.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:41 am

Make a copy of her item under a different name and make her take it, then take all her stuff to give her a taste of her own medicine Razz
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:26 am

thanks fot the heads up.
Helsythe wrote:<stuffs mandui into a van and pushes it off a mountain>
*levitates mandui's van beffor it hits the bottom and opens the door*
Not beffor i have given her tail an illegal massarge Helsythe!!
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:44 am

Goddammit.... i accepted the candy.....
Q.Q
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:04 am

Cid wrote:I don't accept stuff from strangers...

... outside guild. except candy Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:20 am

Chareshia =(

Anyways.. according to blizzard's gold log, she took 103 gold from me. She claimed to have stolen something like 100g from Thaerian too if I recall and my mate Nymir was having the feeling he lost something like 100g as well.. no biggies, for most.. I guess.

Blizzard is going to look into it and she basicly gave herself away in my chatlog, and blizzard will check the chat log, so no worries about that either.

However, I want to note that this gnome did claim that more people were doing this. So keep watching your gold when you trade GHI stuff, folks.

You won't be seeing me using GHI anylonger though. Luckily the chapter is getting forums soon, you know, for the scriptures and such..

But my awesome rogue will never be able to smoke a special smokey from the Cartel again ;_;

John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:41 am

How can she get your gold if you are out of trade-range though?

*incorporates secret messeges inbetween the lines of the scripture that indoctrinate Helsythe to wake up at 04:14 am, log on and send all his possessions to Ioánna*
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:49 am

She's cunning... I guess. She looks completely innocent. A female roleplaying gnome selling GHI candy? She trades you one, and once you accept it you; re screwed, consumed the item or not doesn't matter.

Either way..

You'll encounter her again on the square, and people ask to buy another candy ( or in my case, I ask her -.- ). It's fun rp after all, with a fun roleplayer selling sweets. The moment you trade her for the second time, while you are under the GHI effect, she makes you trade your gold to her ( you can NOT see this in your own trade window for some reason, but Thaerian did mention that she heard the ingame soundfile of trading gold )

Gnomes..
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:54 am

Posting for the heck of it. This is post number 60.000 o/

Our users have posted a total of 60000 messages
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:32 am

Just dont accept GHI items from someone you dont know really, simple as. No need to stop using the addon because of one simple fault remote code someone is using.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by teirzul Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:09 am

think eira hit the nail on yhe head there.
(p.s) i wants your avater
teirzul
teirzul

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Sexton Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:55 am

...Yeah. I was foolish enough to believe the ''innocent'' gnome.
1k was scammed from me. *Sobs*
Ron Sexton
Ron Sexton

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:59 am

Really, this is why I use that Total RP 2 addon instead of GHI. Razz
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:20 pm

Eira wrote:Just dont accept GHI items from someone you dont know really, simple as. No need to stop using the addon because of one simple fault remote code someone is using.
^
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:26 pm

Zinkle Figgins wrote:
Eira wrote:Just dont accept GHI items from someone you dont know really, simple as. No need to stop using the addon because of one simple fault remote code someone is using.
^

I would be fine with that if I hadn't seen people distribute GHI items containing backdoors to their own guilds. >.<
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Really without even right clicking an item she can get gold from you? I am curious as to how this would work. Scripts are only ran when you click it.

It is quite easy to, via GHI, initiate a trade with a specific person, set the amount of money to be traded, however, the function AcceptTrade(); is Protected, meaning that WoW won't allow it, and it could only happen from the user clicking a button. That is, if by trading is how the person did it. Sending money via mail is also protected. So it is quite intriguing how this has been done. If folks can definately confirm that the money is still missing after a restart etc. then you should post on pilus.info and attach your GHI.lua file, so Pilus can check it out.

Last edited by Feydor on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next