Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I hate Role-play.

+24
Cathee Norris
Ephitos / Amarachus
Cyaska
Feydor
Gunnell
Torukan
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Antistia
Cadoc
Muzjhath
itsy
Shaelyssa
Kristeas Sunbinder
Mordazan
Chase - Esou
Gogol
Meralynn / Ashla
Krogon Devilstep
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Jeanpierre
Nathiniós
Elloa
Braiden
Melnerag
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Why I hate Role-play. - Page 3 Empty Re: Why I hate Role-play.

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:26 am

Well not in a good way in this case, as it also created a lot of OOC drama Razz Getting busted out when people have plans for you is not something you want unless you want people to get pissed off. Only time you might be able to create "good" drama is when you communicate with your enemies, something which wasn't done here, which left a lot of people feeling like they put in effort where it was not appreciated.

But as far as I'm aware it is solved now, so no reason to really dwell on it anymore.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:00 am

Ephitos / Amarachus wrote:Alright, I can explain some of those events about Barean and the Flame and in-fact answer a few questions.
First of all, conflicting RP does effect everybody and everything, the first breakout of Barean was orchestrated by myself on Ephitos and some members from the Brotherhood, this developed the stories of most legitimate characters in Stormwind as it placed Ephitos and death knights on the "naughty list".

Spyre who assisted in the breakout was also effected, seeing as he had actually fought against Ephitos he welcomed him into Ironforge and even protected him against Stormwind authorities, he also lost his rank.

What I'm trying to say is in general, this created a whole new path for RP to take, wouldn't it have been boring if Barean was executed and that was that?

It was good how Whitker busted him out, Ephitos busted him out. He got away, the authorities got pissed, the Stormwind Council got pissed, it created IC drama, and so far from what I'v seen, IC drama creates the tension, and the exciting RP alot of people seem to be interested in, (or just me) Razz.
That's my take on things.

What exactly are you claiming here, you're a more legitimate RPer than other RPers in Stormwind?

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:32 pm

Are you fucking paranoid or crazy in the head?
By legitimate I meant characters on the "good" side of the law. Guards, officials etc.
Where did you pull me being better than others out of?:S

Fix'd
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:56 pm

Ephitos / Amarachus wrote:Are you fucking paranoid or crazy in the head?
By legitimate I meant characters on the "good" side of the law. Guards, officials etc.

Fix'd

I'd have said it did the opposite - In 99% of cases, criminals you catch in RP have escaped before the poor LEO has a chance to get a coffee, whether by some contrived "My mates metagame and attack the guards", "I had a lockpick hidden in my arsehole", "I had explosives on me", "I just happened to find a way out of the cell" or they just decide "I'm bored and my guy is such a badarse" then run off. This is just common occurance in Guard RP but the fact that an event was going to come of it.. well, that makes it worse.

I mean sure, maaaybbee you won't want your character getting killed off (frankly if thats so why have your chap run around commiting all these crimes when he gets caught 99% of the time anyway? What is this Inspector Gadget?), but find a more interesting way of doing it than "My guy escaped lololol" - Have the judge replaced by a courrupted offical who was bribed/on their side or something like that. Bored in your cell? Tough doo-darr, you took that risk of being caught when you thought "I'd be cool if I did this".

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyaska Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Gunnell wrote:
Ephitos / Amarachus wrote:Are you fucking paranoid or crazy in the head?

Fix'd

I'd have said it did the opposite - In 99% of cases, criminals you catch in RP have escaped before the poor LEO has a chance to get a coffee, whether by some contrived "My mates metagame and attack the guards", "I had a lockpick hidden in my arsehole", "I had explosives on me", "I just happened to find a way out of the cell" or they just decide "I'm bored and my guy is such a badarse" then run off. This is just common occurance in Guard RP but the fact that an event was going to come of it.. well, that makes it worse.

*insert fake mustache here*

CAN YOU TELL WHO IT IS YET!?

I'm the most wanted man in Stormwind gusy, turns out that I can escape from high security jail with five friends who were invisible until two minutes ago and then go around with a fancy hood and a cheap five silver disguise 'til they get bored!

Who'dve guessed!
Cyaska
Cyaska

Character sheet
Name: Syenna Celeste (EVE)
Title: (NA NA NA NA NA!) Space Pirate!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:17 pm

I do agree with Gunnell. There are options that generate more interesting RP then escaping. Not to mention escaping usually cause a lot of bad drama, which it also did in this case. The way some people do it like Blexie explained here, escaping even though there is guards about (and I still strongly believe that it should be taken into consideration that there is ALWAYS guards. Not just when the actual guard players are around), and then walk around SW like nothing happened in a bad disguise, or not even that.. Kinda screams powergaming to me. Something which I personally don't really approve of. Specially not by players that are not new to WoW and roleplaying.

With communication there is no reason being in jail should be boring either. You just make a deal with your capture that you should RP now and then while there so you don't get bored. Same goes for the actual punishment. There are many ways to get away in a more legit, and more interesting way. It's just a matter of imagination. Being busted out, or busting yourself out, is poor gaming and a lack of imagination.

Didn't try to target this against anyone btw. Just generally how I feel about the matter.

My point in the end is; Communication is A-Y in this situation.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:33 pm

Reminds me of when I arrested Barean over summer and he litterally waited for all the guards to log off, for him to get a mage into the CC and bust them out, because clearly, if the shields are offline, then ICly it must be an unguarded jail cell.

I agree completly about there always being guards, I mean..it's a city. It's why I hate your average criminal/naruto mugging someone like in front of the cathedral, in an incredibly public place, with guard NPCs walking past, they actually expect this to be possible ICly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:49 pm

So is criminal RP being bashed here or what is?
Alright, so criminals are cheesy at escaping. Who isn't?
If you go out into the most populated (daily) Role-playing hub, which I would see as either command center or Cathedral Square, you will find a fuck load of people Role-playing demigods.

Oh and Blexie / Oaky if you're even mentioning my character, feel free to PM me about what exactly happened seeing as you probably pieced together a story from people who had a negative outlook already. Thanks for assuming.
Your's truely,
Ephitos.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:57 pm

The fact is there is a lot of bad criminal rpers, and thats why its being bashed a bit Epi.
Escaping should usually not be one off the options, and if it is do a event out off it where you include the guards so they actually know they lost a prisoner.

And well crime in the cathedral square is just plain retarded, the closest ive ever gotten to that is the new grassy area behind the square and that is something i look at as extremely risky.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:00 pm

But how can you determine "bad" and "inexperienced",
is this seriously turning into an elitist conversation where people are literaly bashing the people new to criminal role-play and actually making fun of that fact.

I can see Barean's complete failure in this case, but I'd rather prefer if we could get his take on it rather than bash him, even though OOCly he's an alright guy.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Nothing is being bashed Ephitos. We're discussing.

As for:

If you go out into the most populated (daily) Role-playing hub, which I would see as either command center or Cathedral Square, you will find a fuck load of people Role-playing demigods.

I don't know about the Command Center. But the Cathedral Square is not known for being a very good role-play hub. It's a shame to even call it a role-play hub considering it's only really Goldshire which has moved to there. Nothing more. So trying to validate bad RP just cause it happens.. Mjeah. I think its a better idea to try and help and give suggestions on how to improve things, rather then going "meh, people RP like vampires in Cathedral Square anyway, so why can't I!".
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:11 pm

Ephitos / Amarachus wrote:But how can you determine "bad" and "inexperienced",
is this seriously turning into an elitist conversation where people are literaly bashing the people new to criminal role-play and actually making fun of that fact.

I can see Barean's complete failure in this case, but I'd rather prefer if we could get his take on it rather than bash him, even though OOCly he's an alright guy.

I can't see how this is turning into, as you call it, an elitist conversation? We're talking about experienced RPers. I think it goes without saying that a new roleplayer might not know this, and I strongly believe that most of us here would rather help that new roleplayer then bashing him/her. But when it comes to experienced roleplayers there are certain things you just simply expect of them, especially if they do want to get into the community.

Nor do I believe we were speaking about Barean specifically. I believe it was just used as an example. Don't assume the worst all the time. Look at the conversation for what it is. A constructive conversation. Not every conversation is about flaming Razz And calling everyone elitist cause you can't see that is what sparks drama.

On that note, with this thread in mind I've come up with a little project (yey, another one! ><) that I might actually work on. Something that might help us, the more experienced roleplayers, as well as new-comers.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:33 pm

Command Centre is just Shields/Dieuddonne(however you spell it) and they're prisoners. Cathedral Square is the same 6 people with 2 new random guys, 1 usually in the full 60 pvp gear with some 50 word title he decided to have. It shouldn't be used as an example of what most people RP like. As for the criminals, most of them aren't new, I've seen them around for quite a while. Barean's been around for ages. It's not about them being new, it's about them not listening, and being ridiuculasly powerful. Criminal RP can and has gone well, just communicate OOCly as other people have said. It avoids so much confusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:34 pm

*Shrug*. I just saw a few rather negative remarks aimed at people especially in Cathedral, where most new Role-players go. It's hard to explain to somebody with initiative that role-playing takes time to develop because let's be honest when other people are at it , it looks easy.

This is kind of in general but I see many flaws with the Role-playing community as a whole, lack of communication and the initiation of new role-players to "our" society is somewhat pathetic. They get /ginvite if they say a few words and not enough things are explained, perhaps if somebody wrote up a nice couple of paragraphs on literaly, "How to RP your guide" and put it up somewhere for people who are eager to learn it would / could solve a few problems and really enhance the RP for everybody by bringing in new creative minds.

Speaking about Barean, he is an example, and he isn't on these forums because sometimes some conversations come across as Elitist, and I would agree.
Anyway, good point Julia and I would agree with you about the square, just one thing though, we are also talking about inexperienced RPer's, who are literally speaking as if they would every day and finding it fun to interact with other people in a different way rather than "sup noob" "sup" , "wanna go BG" "sure noob".

@Perturbo, Agreed.
In the end it's OOC communication!
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyaska Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:35 pm

Ephitos / Amarachus wrote:
Oh and Blexie / Oaky if you're even mentioning my character, feel free to PM me about what exactly happened seeing as you probably pieced together a story from people who had a negative outlook already. Thanks for assuming.

So defensive.

It's almost as if you expect to be insulted.

The point is, you either RP a good criminal well, and don't get caught, or you keep a low enough profile and a long enough distance between crime sprees that you don't get caught, or you get caught and face whatever shit you got yourself into.

Very few people do any of the above.

As for Barean's take on events, I'd rather not hear it.

Also lol at Cathedral being an RP hub.

Last edited by Airenay on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited due to me being a suckup.)
Cyaska
Cyaska

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:40 pm

I expect the worse, that way I can be ready.

What happened with Barean was organized with the dwarves who are his allies. ICly nothing was wrong, sorry for defying your ever great Criminal RP mastermind oh great role-player Bloxie.

One question though, Who are you to decide what Criminal RP should contain?
Ephitos's RP was not criminal, it was stirred by IC hate and vengeance which involved quite alot of members of the RP community.
But fair enough. You've made up your mind Oh Great Master of Role-Play.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:46 pm

To quote myself:

We can have animus but do we really need to act like enemies? Do we really have to state that we're expecting bad things from one person, must we resort to personal attacks? I say no, we do not.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:47 pm

Well I'm done with this thread anyway, I'v put in enough input.. or regressed it enough for my liking.. Just Kidding.
Peace.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Misty Beast Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:53 pm

It'd also help if the Guards actually read the bloody laws written on this forum and have someone above their leaders to whoop their arses if they repeatedly fail to do so.

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Gooze wrote:It'd also help if the Guards actually read the bloody laws written on this forum and have someone above their leaders to whoop their arses if they repeatedly fail to do so.

We have lawbooks based on the laws on these forums. It would be interesting if you'd develop your thought some more so it would really translate what you base your negative feelings upon? Did we arrest someone without them breaking the law? Did we NOT arrest someone who did break the law?
If it was the second option I must defend us. We are normal people who roleplay, we can't know everything and we can't take part in every single ilegal drama. We also have the right to decline RP we don't like, just like any other roleplayer. Smile
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet
Name: Meralynn
Title: Sergeant, Blazing Shields

Back to top Go down

Post by The Misty Beast Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:32 pm

'We' meaning every single Guard guild existant or the lot you're governing to make sure they do their shit right?

So far 90% of the run-ins with the Shields and Seals have started with an unprecedented storming or accusations. Now when you have instances where a random guard claims to have experienced, on a different character no less, some deed done by one of the bad fellas (A bloody year ago no less) who was wearing different clothes, hairstyle and was talking in a different tone, or when they apparently tolerate cyclone-farting ninjas armed to the teeth over criminals that give a fair chance for being arrested and would actually interact without blowing up half a squad, you may say yeah, we're being negative. Or that we have to repeatedly link the bloody 'lawbook' from this very forum to which the reaction is that it's outdated or that they don't have to listen to it?

You find it interesting to not have a leash on the morons that are running around in their pwetty guarding gear, some others actually find it difficult to tolerate, moreso when most of us actually don't abuse the game mechanics to get away from the Law. (By us I mean the Cartel obviously, can't talk for all the ninja-hobo gangster wannabes outside our influential reach)

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:46 pm

I am talking about the Shields.
We have rules against meta-gaming, power-emoting and such and if you experience anyone within the Shields to break them I would be grateful if you told me or another officer so we can deal with it.

Who we arrest and why is up to us. We may very well bring someone in for questioning if we suspect the person to know things that can help our work, we can also use force if that person refuses.

The lawbook is supposed to be read by all Shields. Do not expect everyone to remember it fully, I doubt you can do that yourself.

Also we can not by any means see (especially not IC) who is a "serious" criminal and who isn't. If you have opinions on how we behave or act - do not hesitate to take it up OOC with us officers and we will see what we can do. OOC communication is da mojo when it comes to RP.

Best regards
Sergeant Weaver
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet
Name: Meralynn
Title: Sergeant, Blazing Shields

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:52 pm

Gooze, I can answer your question.
The Shields underwent a large recruitin' drive and their ranks ARE filled with quite alot of NEW people to RP, I'v seen Meralynn RPin', as I have with Falrock. They are good, no doubt.

Don't shame and name a whole guild because of a few rotten apples mate, we all see this happen. Every guild has it's little "village idiot" ^^
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyaska Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:59 pm

post censored. ololol.

Last edited by Airenay on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited due to me being a suckup.)
Cyaska
Cyaska

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Nerd rage somewhere else.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next