Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] - Westbrook refugee camp

3 posters

Go down

[A] - Westbrook refugee camp Empty [A] - Westbrook refugee camp

Post by Braiden Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:29 pm

Westbrook Refugee Camp

Very short description.
The city of Stormwind is providing shelter and food for the victims of the earthquakes and elemental invasion

When?
Tuesday the 9th of November, 20.00 and a few nights forward depending on interest

Where?
Westbrook Garrison, Elwynn Forest. Military meets up 19.30 (ish) for a briefing.

Who is welcome?
Soldiers, Mercenarys, Voulenteers, Medics, Refugees (anyone considering themselves in trouble because of the current ingame events), Twilight cultists and basicly anyone else that feels they might fit in.

Full description.

IC

The following can be seen on posters around Stormwind and most of the smaller human settlements.

To all members of the Grand Alliance

Earthquakes, elementals and cultists ravaging Alliance lands, in these times of peril we must stand united! The city of Stormwind by initiative of House Mistmantle is offering shelter and food for victims of these disasters at the Westbrook Garrison in the great forest of Elwynn.

Additionally volunteers to help providing protection, medical care and cooking for the victims disasters are asked to report to Baron Braiden Mistmantle or any senior officer at the Westbrook Garrison. Good work may be rewarded with a reasonable reward.

Long live the King!
Baron Braiden Mistmantle

As these posters appear various military units is given the following letter.

To the commander of <Name of unit>

Your assistance is required in establishing and upholding a refugee camp at Westbrook Garrison in the great forest of Elwynn. By orders from His Majesty King Varian Wrynn you are to report to Baron Braiden Mistmantle that will be leading the establishment and upholding of the camp. You are to make haste as the current cultist activity is likely to spread further.

By the will of the King.
Ben Toll - Notary of House Mistmantle

OOC

This event is basicly an extended version of the current ongoing pre cataclysm events that you can see in game. As elementals ravage most small towns and settlements and even Stormwind itself, Stormwind chooses to step in and help the people in trouble. The base thoughts around the event is to have a few planned RP events spanning over two or three nights and then have it continue as long as there is still interest.

Anyone wanting to play a guard, cultist, refugee, medic or any other function is allowed to join in as long as the ratio wont get too messed up. Currently this event is mostly in need of refugees, a few cultists and a few medics but do not let that scare you away from playing soldiers.

It would be good if people that haven't said their interested already to let me know here so I can have a rough estimate how many participants we'll have (because turning up and there being no refugees for example would suck). If I missed anything you can also let me know below and I'll do my best to answer your questions.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

[A] - Westbrook refugee camp Empty Re: [A] - Westbrook refugee camp

Post by Braiden Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:42 am

I'm considering putting up a little note on the realm forum too as there hasn't been any interest from refugees so far, this may risk OOCers but unless I can get hold of any kinds of refugees this event will end up a bunch of soldiers and me standing at Westbrook Garrison along with some slight cultist activity.

Does anyone have any alternate solutions to the matter?
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:51 am

I'd take the risk of OOCer. A lot of casual role player are not registred here, they may be happy to have an event like this one to join. It's not hard to make a lvl 1 human to participate.

I'd also suggest you to make a post on roleplay forum. this event would be the occasion for role player from "crap" RP realm to try out Defias.
EDIT : you can also try out this new forum:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/874787/

I'll myself come with Elloa, and propose my service both as medic and reporter Smile
But i can make a little human and participate with it at the start of the event for example.
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:39 pm

So tomorrow is the day, the preparations has been done and the doors are opening for refugees and volunteers at 20.00 and the army gathers up around 19.30 to have a quick runtrough on risks we might be facing and introduction of each unit.

When it comes to cultists I prefer to be largely unaware of their activities to avoid metagaming, for this reason I suggest all cultists contacts Luko / Ariden and tells him I sent you OOC as reinforcements.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:18 pm

A shameless bump.

It's starting soon Very Happy
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Great turnup I must say, I was very satisfied with this event. I'll try to make a summary later on what happened and put up a few screenshots I took. A big THANK YOU to all parts involved. I am not sure if I'll be around there tomorrow but please do not hesitate to continue. This event was the first one I ever organized and it really motivated me into making more of them.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:32 pm

I chose do do a little IC version with the general bigger events of the evening here with no names mentioned.

IC
The following is a selected part of the progress report on the establishment Westbrook refugee camp.

"The Westbrook refugee camp opened it's doors to the public at 20.00. There were many volunteers and these along with representatives from The Blazing shields, other regiments of the Stormwind guard and a group from The Shining Strand provided the base manpower for running the camp. The racial communities represented in this force was humans, night elves and draenei. As dutys were distributed more and more refugees arrived. They were welcomed and given food and medical care.

During the evening several of the recent times uprising of doomsayers were sighted in the area, most of witch peacefully left the premises when asked to. During this time two potential violent doomsayers were captured of witch one escaped by magical means and the other proved himself to be an agent of Stormwind. As a few men scouted the surroundings they reported the sighting of an abandoned camp with an altar in it, possibly belonging to the doomsday cult.

The rest of the evening went on to be rather uneventful until a doomsday cultist were found, this man was captured and interrogated with little success. After a while of questioning it turned out the man had planted some kind of explosive device in the keep, even tough time was too short to dispose of it none was harmed. The small explosion caused minor damage to the dining hall in form of a few destroyed tables and a little damage to the wooden stairs leading up to the second floor. After this the cultist was rendered unconscious by magical means and taken to Stormwind for imprisonment in wait for further interrogation."
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariden Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:16 am

was just reading through your IC report, and remembering the good times that were had at this event, Braiden I really hope you hold another event soon, this one was excellent.
Ariden
Ariden

Character sheet
Name: Ariden Draksbane
Title: Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:21 am

I might, I have a few ideas in store and a possible event building up in game. It's good to hear that the event was appreciated Smile
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down