Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guard Guilds/'Holy Light' Guilds...

+11
Aarian Northlight
Torukan
Maelmoor
Arathoran
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Lavian
Kristeas Sunbinder
Melnerag
Magaskawee/Anaei
itsy
Etular
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Guard Guilds/'Holy Light' Guilds... - Page 2 Empty Re: Guard Guilds/'Holy Light' Guilds...

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:44 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:Because then they'd be short on manpower?
I know, horrible pun ._.

LOOOL Hahahahah xD That one made me laugh.

Back to top Go down

Guard Guilds/'Holy Light' Guilds... - Page 2 Empty Re: Guard Guilds/'Holy Light' Guilds...

Post by Maelmoor Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:11 am

Chléirich/Gunnell/Graham wrote:
Etular wrote:
Even so, I must add, A Warlock disguised as a "Fire Mage" would be incapable of joining due to class restrictions - would they not? Razz

They accept Death Knights from what I've seen, so I doubt it'd matter.

We don't and we never had one Wink

Races and classes are two different things
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:54 am

As a slightly tangent discussion, I always wondered about something. Does someone roll a warlock thinking they would make him follow the Light? Or does someone chose to create a follower of the Light and then chose a Gnome as race? When you create a character, do you not try to have class and race in line with what you want to do with the character?
If I want to RP a priest, I roll a priest. If I don't want to RP a Gnome, I won't roll a Gnome. Is that considered a severe limitation then?

Not that I have a problem with odd mixes or people deviating from the character creation screen... There are some brilliant RP'ers doing it. But.... why? Do you create a nelf with the intention of following the human religion? So you can walk in Stormwind, live like a human, talk like a human, but not be a human?
Where exactly is the line drawn?
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:26 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think Etular is simply bored of his current role-play and cannot be arsed to level up another toon. That's his decision of course, but some times you are bound to bump into some limits.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Jeanpierre/Jeanclaude wrote:As a slightly tangent discussion, I always wondered about something. Does someone roll a warlock thinking they would make him follow the Light? Or does someone chose to create a follower of the Light and then chose a Gnome as race? When you create a character, do you not try to have class and race in line with what you want to do with the character?
If I want to RP a priest, I roll a priest. If I don't want to RP a Gnome, I won't roll a Gnome. Is that considered a severe limitation then?

Not that I have a problem with odd mixes or people deviating from the character creation screen... There are some brilliant RP'ers doing it. But.... why? Do you create a nelf with the intention of following the human religion? So you can walk in Stormwind, live like a human, talk like a human, but not be a human?
Where exactly is the line drawn?

A simple question with a simple answer. Very Happy

There are only two words I need to say, but I'll happily elaborate on them: Scarlet Crusade. Ignoring their highly fanatical goals, I point out, who leads them? A Demon by the name of Balnazzar, who possessed the corpse of the High-Leader and acted like a Holy Light Fanatic. My point here is, unlike a Death Knight - who's blue eyes and rotting skin are a big giveaway, there is little to no way to be able to tell a strictly fire-casting Warlock from a Mage unless that warlock was speaking Demonic, had a Demon out or had strange robes...

As for Race, I merely need to point to the Argent Dawn (described by Wow-Wiki's "Faith of the Holy Light" article as "heretical offshoot of the Church of Light"), in which all races are a part of (except for, strangely enough, Tauren).

As for why do it, why do we Roleplay in the first place? For enjoyment. More specifically as to why my character would do it, because his background dictates a wish to become a soldier. Skilled as a Mage (and trained in illegal Warlock Magic), he vainly seeks to become a soldier of sorts ("vainly", obviously, meaning he will never succeed in being particularly good). Whether that's a job as a Guard or "Crusader of the Holy Light" matters little. The reason he doesn't suit G.A.S is that, even though he's a Gnomish Tinker (there are plenty of people far better than him, ofcourse, but almost every Gnome tinkers in their spare time), it is the Gnomish Artillery Squad - relying mostly on Technology and Airforce rather than anything up close and personal (i.e. Fighting). Another guild that would interest him would involve bare-knuckle boxing, due to (as mentioned in his Defias Wiki Page) him being quite adept at that. Ofcourse, he would happiest putting both together - fighting as a Soldier/Guard using Bare-Knuckled Boxing skill to arrest criminals whilst using his Sword (and perhaps a tad bit of Fire Magic) when necessary.

As for where the line's drawn, the line is drawn at the point where it becomes a complete and utter lore-screw (i.e. Illegitimate Vampire Son of Illidan and Jaina etc.). As far as Religion is concerned, there are no boundaries of Race (hence, you see Night Elves and Taurens in the Shadow Council, Twilight Hammer etc.) nor class, unless you can instantly tell which class a person is just by looking at them...

Not to mention, for those that didn't know: *points to Archbishop Benedictus' WoW Wiki Article, the Cataclysm Section*

Gnash wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think Etular is simply bored of his current role-play and cannot be arsed to level up another toon. That's his decision of course, but some times you are bound to bump into some limits.

You are wrong. I'm in the process of levelling up a gnome Warrior by the name of Cogglemace and haven't been on Etular for any reason other than to give Cogglemace a decent amount of Gold. Razz
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:33 pm

..So you complain gnomes cannot find a guild so what do you do? You level ANOTHER gnome? xD
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:25 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:..So you complain gnomes cannot find a guild so what do you do? You level ANOTHER gnome? xD

*hides face in shame* I can't help it - I'm obsessed with Gnomes. Laughing Plus, i wanted to see exactly how Titan's Grip would look on a Gnome with 2 Two-Handed Maces and/or a Two-Handed Mace with Shield. Surprised
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Wow model viewer is all Im gonna say.
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet
Name: Gallandria Adair
Title: The Bloody Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:01 pm

WMV is broken Sad
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:02 pm

lolno. You need to install the latest version.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:03 pm

I did.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2