Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ambermill project

+4
Sanara
Gunnell
Ayers
Zinkle Figgins
8 posters

Go down

The Ambermill project Empty The Ambermill project

Post by Zinkle Figgins Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Having seen all the arguments had, both IC and OOC, about the Kingdom of Alterac, I wanted to know the community's opinion first.

The Ambermill project Ambermill

A couple of weeks ago I went to Silverpine Forest after a long time, and I've been stunned by the ambience, the lore and the music of that zone, and I started thinking about how to enhance the roleplay in that zone. I noticed that almost the 35-40% of the zone is 'controlled' by alliance npcs (from the Hillsbrad borders to the Deep Elem Mine), and I thought about forming a small guild based in Ambermill, in order to host RP-PvP events there.
I'm still studying the zone's lore, but one of the ideas was to make something like a coalition among the local survivors and refugees, with the intent to defend themselves from both the forsakens and the worgens. I'm still working on the details, but this should be the base concept.

I'd like to know your opinion about it, since I see it as a good opportunity to utilize an almost abandoned zone and perhaps even organizing some nice PvP events (the former lordaeron's lands are among the 'hottest' zones in Azeroth and a good starting point for a wpvp campaign, as many have noticed.).
It is a humble project, but in my opinion it has some potential.

Last edited by Damor on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

The Ambermill project Empty Re: The Ambermill project

Post by Ayers Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:48 pm

Seems quite good to me, plus I'm sure you'll enjoy the random RP with DRS' W-pvp RP events. And for sure, Northern EK locations are cool. :3
Ayers
Ayers

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:16 pm

The North is overused now, and Lordaeron expecially. I think it's time we shifted the focus down south or even better: Kalimdor. There are far better locations there. Fighting in the valleys Thousand Needles? Outside Oyx's lair in Dustwallow? Bael Modan? The Mulgore plains?

Much better than "WE MUST LIBURATE LORDARON 4 TEH ALLIENC!11" for the 101st time.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:33 pm

You're right, but except Theramore, which we are trying to 'repopulate', there is no room for human/dwarves there, except a couple of spots.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Damor wrote:You're right, but except Theramore, which we are trying to 'repopulate', there is no room for human/dwarves there, except a couple of spots.

I disagree.

Humans live in Tanaris and "expeditions" by the Dwarves go as far down as just bordering Ahn'qiraj. I think it would be interesting to see some kind of Alliance "enclave" or colony in Tanaris or Feralas.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:53 pm

Merandil wrote:
Damor wrote:You're right, but except Theramore, which we are trying to 'repopulate', there is no room for human/dwarves there, except a couple of spots.

I disagree.

Humans live in Tanaris and "expeditions" by the Dwarves go as far down as just bordering Ahn'qiraj. I think it would be interesting to see some kind of Alliance "enclave" or colony in Tanaris or Feralas.

Indeed. As you said there is a Dwarven force in Silithus (The WPvP event thing), another in Mulgore and lets not forget they'll certainly be moving to Uldum and I should doubt they got there overnight. Gnomes in Shimmering Flats (Okay, it's a race course but work with me here), a Alliance Fleet who investigated Azuremyst, Kul Tiras Marines in Durotar, etc.

Also, we're only trying to 'repopulate' (as you put it) Theramore from a player standpoint. In-character most of it's military has formed the 7th yes, but otherwise it's still growing as always.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Ah well, the benefit of laying down in Silverphine would be to have Events with the Cult, and Dwarven Rifle Squad whom we often associate. Smile

The Importance is of having a ''place'' relatively close with a flightpath, for them half'dedicated to feel comfortable at. Such as Darkshire for example.
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:31 pm

Lets high a good ol' war in feralas and start forest fires!

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:24 pm

The prolem with Silverpine forest would be that if you've done the forsaken quests of the place they basicly go along of "Killing everything sill living in the area". While Roleplay in the area would be lovely, sadly I doubt much human resistance would be found. Might have been, but after a few years with no food supply they would have to have fled.

Come cataclysm I guess we'll see proof of this since the Forsaken has managed to over run Silverpine enough to mount a invasion into Gilneas (that, if you look in game still has a few human patrolls defending the refugees outside of their gates.)

Things that one always should consider when thinking about a guild in some place. "What has happened in game in the way of quests from both sides, what do I know might soon happen".
Same as starting a Hillsbrad based guild really, since gamewise, that will show with Cataclysm the Forsaken has been killing off the towns population for three years now.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerandier Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:35 pm

I do agree on Kalimdor. I'm trying to rehabilitate the Elven RP there. Humans are welcome too.
Aerandier
Aerandier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Kind sucks that everyone steals Chapter ideas!

It's been a long time plan for Chapter to refortify Ambermill. In our goal to reclaim holy sites of Lordaeron.

This would do for alot of rp-pvp with certain dead folks, obviously.

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:48 pm

I'm all for for further discussions, Damor actually took the initiative to dig for opinions, thoughts and overall information.

Unlike some whom ressurect obliterated Kingdoms and populations without much pre'research and community insight. Nyergh.
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:20 pm

Marogg wrote:The prolem with Silverpine forest would be that if you've done the forsaken quests of the place they basicly go along of "Killing everything sill living in the area". While Roleplay in the area would be lovely, sadly I doubt much human resistance would be found. Might have been, but after a few years with no food supply they would have to have fled.

Come cataclysm I guess we'll see proof of this since the Forsaken has managed to over run Silverpine enough to mount a invasion into Gilneas (that, if you look in game still has a few human patrolls defending the refugees outside of their gates.)

Things that one always should consider when thinking about a guild in some place. "What has happened in game in the way of quests from both sides, what do I know might soon happen".
Same as starting a Hillsbrad based guild really, since gamewise, that will show with Cataclysm the Forsaken has been killing off the towns population for three years now.

Infact I wanted to know from you guys, which surely have more roleplaying experience than me, if this project could make sense or not. By the way I was looking for interviews or screenies about Silverpine in order to know what happened there after years of 'questing' - and I haven't yet found anything Crying or Very sad

Gorge&Clay wrote:Kind sucks that everyone steals Chapter ideas!

It's been a long time plan for Chapter to refortify Ambermill. In our goal to reclaim holy sites of Lordaeron.

This would do for alot of rp-pvp with certain dead folks, obviously.

Trust me, I'm new with this server, I really didn't know it was your idea.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Nah. I aint saying to stole it. But it have been something Imanuel planned to do, aswell as I.

I reckon having bumped into someone else also wanting to do it. So felt like a race who gets there first. Razz

I like more people want to do it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Gorge&Clay wrote:Nah. I aint saying to stole it. But it have has been something Imanuel planned to do, aswell as I.

I reckon having bumped into someone else also wanting to do it. So felt like a race who gets there first. Razz

I like more people want to do it!

The Ambermill project MP__Grammar_Nazi_by_ItaniMajere
Spoiler:
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content