Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helpfull Feedback/criticisme wanted

+7
Magaskawee/Anaei
Gesh
Kristeas Sunbinder
Nayan
Gunnell
Avein/Numerius
John Helsythe Amaltheria
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Helpfull Feedback/criticisme wanted Empty Helpfull Feedback/criticisme wanted

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:02 pm

Some of you may know, some don't.

A while ago me and Jahi started to corrupt people for the fun of it. Everybody played along so far, thanks! Most who got involved have/had alot of fun, including me and Jahi.
Some people didn't care and just cleansed themselves but on the other hand there were quite some people who wished to stay corrupted and not only that, they also wanted to stick with us. We are basicly slowly starting to form some sort of cult and we're trying to set goals and what not.

Anyways... We are not really few in numbers and on top of that most of us are VERY active too, active in roleplaying. This means that we do cause ALOT of troubles and I personally haven't sensed any drama yet but I do hear stories lately about this and that and that's why I am here as we do NOT want to annoy the server but instead add both quality and quantity RP to it. As we bring alot of conflicts, drama can/will occur.

To those who have experience in roleplaying with us: Got any feedback or criticisme?
To those who don't have experience with us: Got any tips?

I do know that working in a descreet manner is an absolute must. We're trying to smash this into our people's head as much as possible.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Helpfull Feedback/criticisme wanted Empty Re: Helpfull Feedback/criticisme wanted

Post by Avein/Numerius Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:14 pm

I can only compliment you here. I don't know your cult too well, but I enjoyed the small kidnapping and corrupting and I enjoyed our wonderful dance in Stormwind. <3

I roleplayed a bit awkward though, because I thought that there -will- be drama, as usually, when kidnapping someone. But there wasn't, and thus I'm most thankful. Good fortune and stuff... it's quite an off-topic though. Sad
Avein/Numerius
Avein/Numerius

Back to top Go down

Helpfull Feedback/criticisme wanted Empty Re: Helpfull Feedback/criticisme wanted

Post by Gunnell Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Karkath/Màrag wrote:Some of you may know, some don't.

A while ago me and Jahi started to corrupt people for the fun of it.

That.

There always needs to be a valid reason for "Evul" roleplay because frankly "4 teh lulz" "becuz i iz ebul" just leaves things getting repetative, with no goal to word towards aside from "keel teh gud gaiz" things are either going to get stale quick, drama ensues, or the Golden Boy Brigade zerg you.

Find some decent in-character reason for doing so, and an actual GOAL(s) that your band of merry men are actively working towards (no, "destroy all Light-followers" or "control stormwind/the world" doesn't count).

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:37 pm

Well actually Gunnell, me and Jahi were supposed to be two sadist and our IC reason was for the fun of it Razz We wanted to cause chaos and see people go insane. I know it's cliché and it sounds stupid to me aswell heh.. but as we're stating, we had shitloads of fun!

But now things are becoming more serious and yes you are really right, we need a proper goal and.. much more infact. I also agree on your last sentence!

To Numerius: Very Happy Glad you liked it and.. I was the better dancer!
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:31 pm

Eruadan/Gunnell/Graham wrote:

That.

There always needs to be a valid reason for "Evul" roleplay because frankly "4 teh lulz" "becuz i iz ebul" just leaves things getting repetative, with no goal to word towards aside from "keel teh gud gaiz" things are either going to get stale quick, drama ensues, or the Golden Boy Brigade zerg you.
One note, that you might or might not have taken into consideration.

Doing something ooc'ly "for the fun of it" is not the same as ic'ly for the fun of it. We are all roleplaying our chars for the fun of it (ooc'ly), but I'm sure most of us have better IC motives for doing whatever we do.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:43 pm

but I'm sure most of us have better IC motives for doing whatever we do.

We hadn't really a better motive but we do want to change that as soon as possible in order to increase the length of our era of fun. We are working on that part Smile

Also something I would like opinions about:
We did not wanted to decide how people should roleplay and gave our victims who now joined us alot of freedom. This means freedom in what the corruption did to their characters and in alot of cases people were roleplaying their characters to powerful. ( especially because we are working ALOT together in huge groups )

At first Í was like "Well that's their own responsibility" But on second thoughts, is it? Perhaps I should cut down quite some freedom? Then again, it's what the people of our community love, the freedom.

Anyone has something to say about that?

John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:53 pm

As the master corruptor(s), shouldn't you still be able to keep hold over them.
Or is that a strictly Burning Legion thing and are you more with the chaos?

I wouldn't corrupt someone to become a danger to myself atleast, ally or not.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:03 pm

That.

Find some decent in-character reason for doing so, and an actual GOAL(s) that your band of merry men are actively working towards (no, "destroy all Light-followers" or "control stormwind/the world" doesn't count).
" For the fun " can often translate to chaotic evil, and is proably the most enjoyable and indepth types of RP you'll ever come across." Some people just want to watch the world burn. "
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:06 pm

To Krist: We don't have anything to do with the burning legion really and yes it is possible that someone could turn against us. Of course we are trying everything to prevent that with intimidation, threats for example. Showing them who's the boss but at the same time threat them with respect aswell. ( Jahi handles it in a more agresive way for example where Karkath threats them nearly like his children )

To Vectoria: Indeed!
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:08 pm

Didn't mean you have anything to do with them, just easy to use them to compair to, they are quite pro at the corruption thing.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:40 pm

As one of the people who you attempted to do such to, I think what you need to remember is, what you do dramatically affects their characters. Had I been consulted before opening that letter, I may have accept the fate.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:09 pm

A Krist my mistake, I get you now.

Anaei: We did make a post on this forums to inform people about us. To inform them about the large amounts of freedom you have. You could cleanse it by a single spell for example, it was all up to you.

I do see one problem here however: Not everybody reads the forums alot or perhaps not at all. So in the end I do see your point.

Perhaps I should create GHI items which explains it all and hand it out to targets before we try anything, yes.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:30 pm

Vectoria wrote:

That.

" For the fun " can often translate to chaotic evil, and is proably the most enjoyable and indepth types of RP you'll ever come across." Some people just want to watch the world burn. "

And, in 99% of cases it isn't done well, nor indeph. It's just a couple of people trying to furfill the Dark Evil Overlord archtype, ultimately making tits of themselves whilst "The Joker" is just a cliche excuse. It then leads to them randomly attack Guards/Known good-guy guilds for the sake of it. Chaotic evil is often just anarchists, or trying to reach their goal in unsubtle ways. Madmen maybe be insane, but they often aren't stupid (or if they are, they end up getting lynched or commit suicide an hour after they decided to shoot up a shopping center.

Are they doing this? I wouldn't know, but IC from the responses I'd just say thay are furfilling my inital post.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:34 pm

Nayan wrote:

That.

One note, that you might or might not have taken into consideration.

Doing something ooc'ly "for the fun of it" is not the same as ic'ly for the fun of it. We are all roleplaying our chars for the fun of it (ooc'ly), but I'm sure most of us have better IC motives for doing whatever we do.

They stated that it was IC so, yeah. Ultimately we're all doing RP OOCly "for the fun of it" anyway.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:50 pm

I see your point Graham, but I still think it's quite a fun and rewarding allignment IC and OOC, if done correctly, with patiences and care. Might be abit wrong of you to shoot down a bird before it's even had a chance to fly..
<Plays piano solo>
And The joker will fuck you up.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:10 pm

Our first intention: Me and Jahi were never planning to be that kind of bad guys. Attacking people and guards randomly in a non-descreet manner. We wanted the corrupted people to do that instead! Give them all the troubles and what not while we watch from a distance and eat pop corn. Smile

But as I said, things seem to become more serious. We are working out new ideas/plans. They differ greatly from what we do now.

So far we've mostly had positive comments ingame but surely there are always things to improve, hence this thread.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:22 pm

It takes hours, days, weeks, months to develop a character, working out his quirks, pro's, con's, background and making the char evolve. In come two mad men with a demonblood syringe shooting machine gun. "You're mine!" (Figure of speech of course Wink)
But the concept seemed to work largely due to the amount of freedom (and I must say respect as well) they gave to their fellow RP'ers. As such I would suggest you keep that flexibility.
I heard some good things about this, so ... keep it up but keep open for people who don't feel like altering their char to that extent Smile
Avoiding such a conflict is preferable over the 'one spell cleansing' method. It feels quite comparable to me as having your legs chopped off and popping them back with the powers of the Light with a snap of your fingers.
I know I was asked the question on whether or not I wanted to participate and I'm still very appreciative for being given the choice.

Maybe a bit over ambitious at this stage, but perhaps you could form a counter spy network? Throw in some weaknesses that the 'goodies' can counter? Throw in some rules that can be fought against? Required rituals that could be disturbed? Killing the source of the demon blood? (where was it obtained anyhow?)
Internal strife could work, considering you're not an official guild. Who said a subject should listen to both of you? Try to create your own army to secretely overthrow his and cease control of them all. With three legions (one for each and one neutral) of 'allies' that don't know of eachothers allegiance, you're bound to create a lot of intruigue based RP among the subjects themselves who are, after all, the people who agreed to play along and perhaps the most dedicated participants. Who knows... maybe your partner in crime already started Suspect
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:33 pm

When involving others and "taking them for a ride" so to speak, it's best to have a direction and a sense of purpose beforehand, as well as asking in a whisper if they're interested at all.

Personally, I'm liable to ignore anything that can even remotely be related to a Goldshinian vampire plot ("i'm bite you, you r vampyre in 5 mins kk"), but I'm glad to see that this inititative seems succesful Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:35 pm

To jean:

I agree that we do need to work on weaknesses, yes. This is where we deffinitly need to look into.

How was it obtained? I'm not sure if it is correct lorewise but atleast WE did not care too much, as it created the fun we have now!
Basicly with alchemy and researching and testing and science this and that
we managed to create a liquid which sort of has the same effects as demonblood. So it's not REAL demonblood.
There for it is not real demonblood.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:37 pm

Synthetic demonblood, dunno why, but it sounds a bit more interesting.

Any people ever displayed an allergy to it?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:38 pm

Well Lvia was in heavy agony when ever she needed a new drink (as it is addicting) but.. that's not a realy allergy. But that could be possible yes.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:08 pm

I won't lie. I havn't even noticed any such corruption at all o_O.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:14 pm

Then we were subtle! yay! =P
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:17 pm

Ovelia Ovelia Ovelia... How can you notice such corruption when you are too occupied being an evil nasty thing yourself? Hmmm?^_^ As I am pretty sure you are as always scheming in all directions you can see:P And yay for you not noticing, it means they have done a good job! For as far as I am concerned you seem to have eyes all over your body and tiny little ears hidden on stategicly odd places Smile - This is obviously meant to be a compliment to both Ovelia and these hard working, nice, innocent and sweet guys

Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Raviran / Reynar Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 pm

Well to tell the most troubling problem in my oppinion is that the people who have drinked the blood are a bit too OP, it's possible lorewise but others who go against these guys are bound to be having hard feelings for it, it's shitload of fun for those who play as the OP chars (I should know, as i am one of them)
But i suggest Karky and Jahi will do some changes that work for the both sides well.
Raviran / Reynar
Raviran / Reynar

Character sheet
Name: Ray Hutch
Title: Bandit, Drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next