Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Drake (concept would love some feedback)

5 posters

Go down

[A] The Drake (concept would love some feedback) Empty [A] The Drake (concept would love some feedback)

Post by Ariden Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:43 am

entire page is OOC as its still just a concept, looking to see if people would be interested in joining as either an operative or as a contact and if there would be a market for the services on offer.

Concept:
A mercenary agency (much like a recruitment agency for mercenary’s spy’s and the like) which would be an out of guild network, of contacts and operatives recognisable to others through a subtle worn marker.
Any job would be considered by the Drake although jobs will be taken on a formula of risk to the operative, risk of exposure of the organisation and rate of pay. Although any jobs that would require a betrayal of the alliance are likely to have the request burnt and forgotten.

Operatives are paid per job(IC) and are free to peruse there own interests when the Drake has not requested there services.
Contacts would be paid(IC) for relevant information on its validation.

Operatives would also compete against each other in forms for the most lucrative contracts who is awarded which contact is based on there past success rate and how suitable they are. As such operatives are encouraged to form there own network of contacts as well as using the Drakes.

The theme I am trying to get is more like the Crusade era mercenary groups then the A-team but with a secretive twist.

Services:
Infiltration / Information gathering:
Want to know what your rivals enemy’s or friends are doing? Then hire us to send one of our operatives into the depths of there organisation seeking out the secrets they rarely show others that rare artefact they are said to own, you want to know if they do? What there leader had for breakfast? or even just want us to keep an eye on them maybe help to influence a choice they will make in the days or weeks to come? Let us do it all from inside there own ranks
Theft:
So they do have that artefact, and you want it? Well for a few gold it can become yours
Bodyguards:
They noticed the artefact is gone, and they know you have it, maybe putting it on your mantelpiece wasn't your best move, well now you need to watch your back or more exactly you need people to watch it for you, your life guaranteed or your money back,
Intimidation:
Want to scare them away from you, well will an Elekk head in his bed do it?
Mercenary’s for hire:
So the head just pissed him off? And they really want that artefact back? Worried of a full scale feud that you might not have the numbers to win? Hire a dozen of us, point us the right way and let go,
Independent guards for meetings:
You managed to avoid a war, but now there leader wishes to meet with you, you can't trust there guards and they can't trust yours, so we will arrange both of your transports to a neutral location which will then be guarded by our operatives ensuring everyone’s safety.
Kidnapping:
You didn't like the terms the meeting ended on, and now you want his daughter to disappear and a finger be sent back, yes that will make your point, and cost you some gold.
Assassination:
He took the delivery of his only child’s finger badly? And now you just want him removed from the picture? OK, but break out the check book, this one might cost you.

((In cases of infiltration the leader of the target guild will be informed OOC of the infiltration but not of who has hired us or the reasons why, to keep the RP interesting for all involved
in cases of Kidnapping and/or Assassination ooc talks will be held by ourselves and the target for the kidnapping and/or Assassination again the person who hired us will not have there name mentioned to keep it as interesting as possible for all.))

Last edited by Ariden on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Ariden
Ariden

Character sheet
Name: Ariden Draksbane
Title: Agent

Back to top Go down

[A] The Drake (concept would love some feedback) Empty Re: [A] The Drake (concept would love some feedback)

Post by Morinth Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:41 am

:O I like this idea. I'd sign myself up if I were Alliance! Very Happy
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

[A] The Drake (concept would love some feedback) Empty Re: [A] The Drake (concept would love some feedback)

Post by Tyrós/Cále Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:20 am

Awesome concept that I fully support. Totally love how you're selling the idea by presenting those examples of services. It was pretty funny to read; nicely done! Smile If this idea takes off, and if I ever start playing more seriously on the Alliance side I will certainly look you up. And hey, anything that helps adding intrigues or more depth to RP is alright in my book; and this idea seems to do both!

Morinth wrote::O I like this idea. I'd sign myself up if I were Alliance! Very Happy
We already have a similar thing going on the Horde side, although in the form of an actual guild. But nothing's stopping you from RP'ing with us in the shape of an informant or associate. We're not complete recluses that hide away in a cave or anything. Razz

Spoiler:
Tyrós/Cále
Tyrós/Cále

Character sheet
Name: Cale Lightsinger
Title: Patriarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariden Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:47 am

thanks for the so far good feedback!
Ariden
Ariden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:02 pm

I'd definitely be interested in this. Perhaps I can see what I can do with some of my characters. 'Specially Coris.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariden Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Timna wrote:I'd definitely be interested in this. Perhaps I can see what I can do with some of my characters. 'Specially Coris.

awesome, can I ask you to send Ariden an in game letter ooc on any chars who would be intrested just so I can get the names, and we can take it from there
Ariden
Ariden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Will do. Guess others will do the same.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariden Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:39 pm

heres hopeing
Ariden
Ariden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:42 pm

Yrenicus wrote:Awesome concept that I fully support. Totally love how you're selling the idea by presenting those examples of services. It was pretty funny to read; nicely done! Smile If this idea takes off, and if I ever start playing more seriously on the Alliance side I will certainly look you up. And hey, anything that helps adding intrigues or more depth to RP is alright in my book; and this idea seems to do both!

Morinth wrote::O I like this idea. I'd sign myself up if I were Alliance! Very Happy
We already have a similar thing going on the Horde side, although in the form of an actual guild. But nothing's stopping you from RP'ing with us in the shape of an informant or associate. We're not complete recluses that hide away in a cave or anything. Razz

Spoiler:

Already done such. Razz More as a spy though, but Mori went all neutral after it was brought down by a member. Razz

No more derailment from me! Good luck with this idea, tempted to roll an Alliance to try it out. Razz
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemerick Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:42 am

The concept looks neat. But.. the survivabilty of similar guilds/organizations don't seem to be too high, especially with so many competitors. While the Blades go well the Black Rose seems to be fading away. I think Forlorn Cartel cover this concept too partially. (Plus other minor similar guilds coming going)

Either the leaders don't put much effort in it, or they can't seem to get other guilds to work along, who already rather co-operate with the above mentioned ones. *shrugs*

I'm very pessimist, i know. I'm not trying to discourage you, i just foresee the clouds and heavy rains.

But once again, i like the concept, more than some others.
Jemerick
Jemerick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down