Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gathering Feedback - Duskwood Event

+7
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Lavian
Zhakiri
Gunnell
Shriyaro
Arinith
Melnerag
11 posters

Go down

Gathering Feedback - Duskwood Event Empty Gathering Feedback - Duskwood Event

Post by Melnerag Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:14 am

In an OOC guild meeting the Chapter have decided to pull out of Darkshire, a proper IC story will naturally be executed, and that takes time. We are not gone quite yet!

Considering the event is close to its conclusion I would like to ask people who have participated for some feedback and constructive, yet merciless, criticisism. Fire away, your thoughts do count!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Gathering Feedback - Duskwood Event Empty Re: Gathering Feedback - Duskwood Event

Post by Arinith Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:05 am

I was only there a few times, but from (the small amount) that I saw, it was a great event.

From my point of view, your goal was to breathe some life back into Duskwood. You succeeded. I really liked roleplaying there, and I had a chance to develop my character further, which I always appreciate.

This is probably not a helpfull post at all, considering that it doesn't contain any criticism. I sincerely think it was a great thing, and you did a marvelous job, Imanuel.

Thank you.
Arinith
Arinith

Back to top Go down

Gathering Feedback - Duskwood Event Empty Re: Gathering Feedback - Duskwood Event

Post by Shriyaro Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:35 am

I'd like to re-iterate what Ariyuni said. I spent the best part of a week there after literally stumbling on one of the first events. It was lots of fun, I got to develop Shriyaro in my own mind and on the server and I met lots of interesting people.

I had some issues with individual people's rp there from time to time, but overall it was fine.

It's a shame that the event is closing down, I enjoyed the chance to rp somewhere new and with an interesting story going on in the background.
Shriyaro
Shriyaro

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:55 pm

For the most part I enjoyed the event however felt that after the inital 4-5 days it began to dilute into little more than arguments between The Chapter and TEH GUD GAIZ in Darkshire and nothing more. I would perhaps in future end such events earlier, depending on how they progress so that people are left with better memories than "Wow, how much drama came out of that?"

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:04 pm

I feel that it was awesome at the beginning, when Imanuel played a bigger part. When you left it to it's own device's for whatever reason, none of my business, it got let down by not only the Chapter, burning people on a Pyre without OOC permisson whilst he justifyably QQed on the general chat, but the overthrow of bad guys that wasn't even afflicted with the cultists you was fighting.

All in all though, it was good enough to keep your rep up, Melg Smile
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:17 pm

My opinion from when I was there:

It started off good. It had alot of amibtion from your side and it was promising. However while it was good to get all these people involved from all walks of RP life. I noticed people constantly nagged for your attention 24/7 and that must have been a pain in the ass.

You also got occupied with more and more people causing random side-trouble for the sake of attention [Not talking about the sphere and stuff, don't worry] which started to make it overkill from there.

Actually i'm stating what we're all thinking so heck.

It was enjoyable, however I am not sure if you were ready for the backlash that eventually happened.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Seems perhaps there should´ve been more than one person in charge, to spread the workload?

Edit: But then again, I haven´t been online for two or three months now.

Last edited by Bennedict on Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordazan Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:57 pm

There was more than one person in charge. But there must be a suprime leader.

I have told you already, but I fully and wholeheartly supported the Duskwood initiative.

There are a few resons to this, but one stand out: Communication.

Throughout the entire event, Imanuel kept all lines open. He made sure I was told everything I needed to know and he coordinated everything between me and the goodies.
On top of that he coordinated between the goodies. He even bothered to write letters to the council and reports to the king! Something I personally wouldn't consider worth the bother.

A lot of people have tried to create a RP hub outside Stormwind. None of them had succes like the Darkshire event. The use of this forums and the fluid communication between the good guys and the evil guys (something that tends to lack in events involving both) created life and RP in Duskwood in a way I have not seen it before.

I'm glad you did it, Imanuel, and from my part the event has brought no bad sides down on me. Sure, we've had people hunting us into deadwind pass and sure, we've had people standing outside beggars haunt just for a chat, but such things happend in RP.
I think I speak for The Dark Sphere when I thank you for doing this.

Looking back, there is a few things you could have done:

-get a clear, long term ending to the plot.
-set goals and make sure that you can achieve them
-take care when making a free-for-all event. If everyone can show up, there is bound to be drama. I think that if the Chapter started out by saying "we're fighting cultists, not managing Darkshire" things would have been a tad smoother on your side.
- make sure that your guildies are prepared for such an event. It is a grand thing, even though we in TDS only had to retaliate and respond to your initiative. Pressure must've been immense on everyone carrying the white cross.
-send some of the whiners, some of the drama to your co-leaders. They're there to work with you and make it work. Even if you're suprime, you need to hand out stuff (in this case I'm speaking of both Sphere officers and Chapter officers and anyone the lightie side might've invited into the event on a permanent basis, like the rifle squad). Use the help they want to provide you with.
Mordazan
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:13 am

One of the better long-term events I've seen for a long time. But yes, it went a bit over our heads at the end, with lots of different guilds participating and the lack of a clear leadership. And large battles between alliance still are an issue, not everybody likes emote duels and not everybody likes real duels.

The organized events were all nice, it's the random ravings in between that were sometimes..hmh, not that spectacular. Next time we should keep the story-advancing events and the randomnes more separated? More events of this sort please!
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Marticore Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:12 am

I have to join Mordazan's opinion. It was a good event. One where you are not forced to head into Stomwind to find any random Rolepplaying, wich as you can understand ca be a very difficult thing being a cultist. Disguises somehow don't last very long these days.

The good part about this event was the organisation, I'm glad you contacted me before making the attempt to run in and claim it all to yourself. There were however some odd things to who actually possesed Duskwood, for all I knew at that time it was not in hands of the Sphere, in fact we didn't really care about the place to begin with. But this aside the question.

Before I do set up my list about the things that bothered me, I would like to thank everyone that participated.

My first negative point regarding this event is to the people thinking they were able to walk around for lolz. There has been a major discussion once about people who played 'evil' should accept bad things can happen to their character. However, I would like to state that if you heading into a -warzone- there is a big chance you won't walk out unharmed. I've seen way too many people walking about telling me oocly they didnt want their char hurt.

Second, the chapter managed to keep good ooc contact with the things happening, i was glad about that. However, as time came to pass and more guilds started to be involved it was hard to keep track, thus would like to mention to those guilds aswell to send a messge around oocly about what you want to do. This not being Imanuel in specific, as i'm sure nice things can be arrranged with a simple pm to the 'bad' guys.

Also, there had been some discussion about there being walls and barricades. I would suggest not to do this in the future, its rather confusing as those things are not there game-wise. There are too many people involved for this to work. Stick to what is seen.

This is about it as Mordazan stated the most part of my mind so far. Naturally we all found it rather annoying having horde run around rampart, but thats something we can't solve. Though I must admit, there have been quite some horde being rather nice.

For now, thanks again for making this event. its been a well addition to the current roleplay that has been going on. And I've been surprised by the amount of "LoL I want to RP to!" I recieved from various people that encountered a battle or a march while they were leveling.

I'm interested to see what will happen next.
And I'm dead tired.. don't mind the spelling...

-Marticore
Marticore
Marticore

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:46 am

I liked this event from the point of view of a person who was there mainly for random RP and to sell imaginary goods with outrageous prices.

Though I did run to some problems few times mainly because I didn't want to explain my IC actions OOCly (Such as walking the roads without protection). This was just mainly because I have bad expiriences of explaining certain things OOCly and to find out next day the information has been metagamed against you.

Anyways overall I enjoyed the event alot and was refreshing to be away from boring Stormwind.
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down