Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of a chapter, beginning of another?

+10
Ataris
Gnar
Gunnell
Lavian
Naomi
Zhakiri
Jomir
Nayan
Kozgugore Feraleye
Morgeth
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

End of a chapter, beginning of another? - Page 2 Empty Re: End of a chapter, beginning of another?

Post by Morgeth Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:33 pm

Hm. Well, if the RP community could agree on a date for the lich king to have officially "been killed" (maybe after some raiding guild has managed to do so) then it would make for quite some interesting RP. The fact that the north continues to be a bit chaotic can be explained by several of his lieutentants remaining and trying to organise their troops, or just simple stragglers.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

End of a chapter, beginning of another? - Page 2 Empty Re: End of a chapter, beginning of another?

Post by Malanar Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Failtastic idea. You can't decide for everyone.

I've seen similar thinking in guilds that create their own storylines and isolate themselves from all other RPers on the realm. As a result, things become retarded and nonsensical.

In short, wouldn't work, shouldn't work; just let the game's content rule everything out, as it's supposed to. There must always be independent restrictions and events for everyone to base their actions around. Trying to create such events on your own results in people who don't agree and are left out and a general feelings of chaos and nonsense, which we definitely don't need.
Malanar
Malanar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinnadrin Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:15 pm

If anything, the demise of the Lich King should increase tension between the factions, and the war declared by Varian Wrynn should now start to rage without the major distractions caused by the Scourge, Malygos, and Yogg-Saron.

A stated objective of Cataclysm is also an increase in PvP-orientation and factional hostilities, and when Hellscream takes over the Horde... you can safely re-double the current lore-wise NERD RAIG.

As for the Sunfury Elite... we shall just sit back and enjoy!
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet
Name: Lord Sinnadrin Sunfury
Title: Sun King Aspirant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:25 pm

Morgeth wrote:Hm. Well, if the RP community could agree on a date for the lich king to have officially "been killed" (maybe after some raiding guild has managed to do so) then it would make for quite some interesting RP. The fact that the north continues to be a bit chaotic can be explained by several of his lieutentants remaining and trying to organise their troops, or just simple stragglers.

This is what I said, but several replies implies they havn't understood..

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Aesth. Think by this point people sort of acknowledge that it would be Tirion and such to take credit anyway in IC terms.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:55 pm

Malanar wrote:Failtastic idea. You can't decide for everyone.

I've seen similar thinking in guilds that create their own storylines and isolate themselves from all other RPers on the realm. As a result, things become retarded and nonsensical.

In short, wouldn't work, shouldn't work; just let the game's content rule everything out, as it's supposed to. There must always be independent restrictions and events for everyone to base their actions around. Trying to create such events on your own results in people who don't agree and are left out and a general feelings of chaos and nonsense, which we definitely don't need.

I am not speaking of a guild event or storyline here though. I am speaking of a general celebration as an event for the entirety of DBs community to take part in. If you dislike the idea of the Lich King dying on the server, you could create one celebrating the general success in the North.

Trying to limit everything to independent storylines won't get us anywhere either. People should be encouraged to RP openly and this presents a nice opportunity to do so. If we enclose ourselves to in-guild or between-guilds RP any newcomers will most likely see the server as dead and casual and spontaneous RP will slowly and surely die off(due to the often isolated locations of guild-RP). If the community decides against it, so be it, it was simply a suggestion.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Malanar Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:02 pm

Ataris wrote:I am not speaking of a guild event or storyline here though. I am speaking of a general celebration as an event for the entirety of DBs community to take part in. If you dislike the idea of the Lich King dying on the server, you could create one celebrating the general success in the North.

Trying to limit everything to independent storylines won't get us anywhere either. People should be encouraged to RP openly and this presents a nice opportunity to do so. If we enclose ourselves to in-guild or between-guilds RP any newcomers will most likely see the server as dead and casual and spontaneous RP will slowly and surely die off(due to the often isolated locations of guild-RP). If the community decides against it, so be it, it was simply a suggestion.

No, what I meant was, you can't say the Lich King is dead if he isn't technically dead, since the expansion hasn't come out and the chronology of events in-game hasn't shifted forward.

I mean, Kael'thas was only considered dead after WotLK came out. Same here. Wait until Cataclysm, then move forward. Until then, the battle in Northrend continues.

So what I mean is, creating such a "celebration" and all that would be exactly the kind of independent storyline you're against. Since you can't have every single RPer agree to such a self-propogated lore advancement while the game content hasn't shifted forward chronologically yet.

It's important to stick to what the game provides in terms of an independent compass, as it were, that everyone follows so as to not get lost or confused.
Malanar
Malanar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:07 pm

I think it would be a little hectic if we would only start celebrating the Lich King's demise during Cataclysm. After all, by the time that expansion hits, we'll be all out of our minds IC to deal with the new events like the whole destruction of the world, and all that. To add a grand celebration to that, that would swiftly be followed by an all-out war between the Horde and the Alliance, would be a little too soon upon one another, at least in my own opinion.

As I said, we at the Horde decided to make an unanimous date for the events at the Wrathgate as well, and I must say the events that ensued IC were quite awesome. It would be a shame not to try and repeat something similar with these events. For all I care, the Horde and the Alliance would go about arguing about who actually made the final blow upon the Lich King. It wouldn't matter a lot in the end anyway.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:23 pm

Ah, I misunderstood you then.

In that case, make it like a week or two before Cata hits or something? I still think it'd make for some interesting RP.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Why wait?

The Horde and Alliance obviously doesn't "OMG I HATEZ U LETS WAR NAOW" insta went cata hits, I mean all those new settlements the Horde got and so on is months if not years of contstruction.

Their hate&war in Cata will break out before Cata. We might aswell start after LK is dead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:58 pm

So when is the Lich King considered dead on DB?
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayers Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:08 am

Well, I remember the encounter in Halls of Reflection, in which, Uther mentions that there must be always someone to take over the Lich King's place. What I mean is, someone possibly has to merge with his crown, or something?

What do you think about it? It's like, taken from the plot of story about the Flying Dutchman, possibly that's what Blizz's gonna do?

Not sure about Cata, I've not read about it much, there has to be some major enemy, and if I'm not mistaken, it's going to be either demons or dragons again, no?
Ayers
Ayers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:09 am

Not seen the spoiler nor followed the speculations the last months have you lad?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:39 am

Let's not make it a "pre-required obligation" to see a spoiler vid, shall we? Razz Some people might not want to have it spoiled for them.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:55 am

The most important question to all; The deathknights.

If the LK dies and there's no purpose for fighting the scourge anymore or something, or maybe they rage or so.. anyway.. the DK's purpose in the Alliance is fighting the scourge. Surely now we all want those filthy undead ridden from our cities, now that they've completed their purpose.

Will they be like.. witch-hunted IC? Or will we go 'Oh, we just wiped out the scourge and undead, as we have opposed and hated undead for years as fervent Light-believers, going against whatever the undead stand for.. so lets just have undead, who use dark and corruptive magic, are mostly evil IC and can raise minions and other undeads, an imminent threat.'?

Spoken from an Alliance perspective.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:00 am

Death Knights are a tough one. Alliance side, it all depends on the dominant force, the zone in question, and the characters... If the chapter get control, we're screwed.

Horde side I expect many will take refuge with the Forsaken, since at the end of the day, they're all in the same boat.

If I played Alliance, personally I would take to the shadows and just keep out of the way. It'll only be a for a few months anyway, furries incoming and then the storm'll blow over for us deadies. "QUICK! Run while no-one's looking!" and all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:04 am

The Death-knights will be an interesting one....With the lich king's impending death I presume alliance-side will be hit hardest as there will be alot of "Your former master is dead, now leave or die!" speeches, as if it wasn't bad enough by current guilds already doing so. Rolling Eyes

However if I recall there's a speech set by Darion when you first enter Ice-crown as a death-knight you get a specific one mentioning after the lich king falls or something, that the death-knights will have their own destiny.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:05 am

I don't think Worgen will be quite as disliked as DK's, because the Alliance has fought undead for years, and now they suddenly accept undead amongst them, unholy (ex)scourge and paladins roaming the same streets would be a crazy concept! Its understandable with the war against the scourge.. but when the LK dies.. the DK's have no more purpose.

Worgen will be disliked at first, but they can go human form so no-one can differ between them. I think they'll be mostly feared really.. but DK's are vervently hated. (For logical and good reasons, mind you!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:09 am

I was thinking more using the Worgen as a flame shield and taking to the trees.

Although if Ovelia is correct and our god forsaken idiot of a leader is giving so some form of destiny after Arthas bites it (I skipped most of the quest text, /selfslap) then we'll just have to wait and see. If our great and glorious leader decides not to, then we can just hang around in Acherus 'til the Alliance and Horde come begging for our help to deathgrip sparks around Deathwing or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:11 am

Haha, imagine RPing a Worgen and you're just acting human.. and you're walking around with a few people who don't know you're a Worgen.. and this leevel 5 Elwynn wolf puts you in combat and, poof, you're Worgen.. I can really imagine the people going '/e pretend that didn't happen!' or when they fight or so 'pretend I'm not Worgen, okay?'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:13 am

I'm making a worgen come Cataclysm. However i'm not going to parade my wolf-form around so publicly outside Gilneas in respect.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:15 am

From an IC perspective I see Worgen being more liked/accepted than DK's myself.

Since the Alliance, lorewise, used to vervently hate the scourge, practically inventing paladins (NO DRAENEI, YOU DID -NOT-), the perfect anti-scourge weapons. And the scourge destroying a city.. not many people will see the difference between scourge and DK's..

Worgen are just cursed humans, they aren't evil. They never killed us, or attacked the Alliance, like DK's did. Or worked for enemies.

All they did was abandon the Alliance, when the Alliance came to rely too much on them, or so they felt. And since WoW plays 10 years after WC3, that'd be AGES ago, many humans that are alive don't even know Gilneas, or that it existed. And there is no real hate, just maybe some dislike for abandoning far in the past, not even in dire times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Considering the upcoming animosity between the Alliance and the Horde and the fact that Death Knights will retain their powers thanks to there being a Lich King and all, I believe they'll be regarded a valuable military asset, kinda like the Warlocks.

Apologies for the long sentence.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:47 pm

A good date for the celebration of the Lich KingĀ“s death is probably held best days before the launch of the Cataclysm content patch.

Besides, it would also be a nice, inofficial ending to the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. :-)

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2