Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blacksmithing v World Quests

Go down

Blacksmithing v World Quests Empty Blacksmithing v World Quests

Post by Reynard Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:52 am

So I've only just this weekend got Fen qualified for WQs (I don't get online much and am not driven to quest particularly). I've also just completed the Obliterum questline and opened up the Obliterum Forge. So I was planning to make an entire set of Demonsteel armour (iLvl 815 each), and then upgrade them all to iLvl 850 through the use of Obliterum. Then I worked out just how many Demonsteel items I'd have to craft and obliterate to get all 8 pieces of armour the 7 upgrades they need to hit iLvl 850: - F'ing loads!

Conversely I could just run WQs for a few nights and upgrade my kit that route.

WQs seem like such an easy way to get iLvl upgrades compared to crafting. Is this a fair observation? The effort and cost of using Obliterum appears utterly prescriptive to me. Am I missing something?

Oh, and for reference I have absolutely zero cash on any of my toons - I've never gone out and grinded anything in WoW so I just don't have millions of gold in the bank to buy the reagents to craft/obliterate stuff. I have less than 1,000 gold between all my toons.
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Blacksmithing v World Quests Empty Re: Blacksmithing v World Quests

Post by Reynard Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:36 am

Curiously I just checked the AH and Obliterum is only about 2k gold each. Considering I can sell Demonsteel Armgaurds for about 6k each, but they only generate about 20 Obliterum Ash (i.e. about 1/5 of an Obliterum) it's clear that actually the best thing to do is make Demonsteel Armguards and sell them on the AH for approximately 3 Obliterum each.

I think I have a plan. Smile
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down