Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Forum Proposition

+6
Broncrast
Skarain
Reynard
Rhena
Ixirar
John Blake
10 posters

Go down

New Forum Proposition Empty New Forum Proposition

Post by John Blake Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:48 pm

Hello everyone, from the RPPvP and Defias community.

Today I've come to propose the creation of a new forum.
I'm a web designer and master and I would make one, however I do not have intentions of remaining
as an admin or mod; instead I would propose influencial people, Skarain to be the Administrator,
and two influencial Roleplayers from each faction for Moderator.

I have most things ready, even made a logo (subject to change)

New Forum Proposition 6H9rC86

I would also add pages such as roleplay guides and other things to costumize it's looks
into the current xpac's colors and elements.

I have come with this proposition as the old forum seems sort of unmanaged, and I believe it has
looked the same for quite sometime, and I heard the old admin is not here anymore, which (I've used
Forumotion before) which would mean that any new edits are out of reach without full admin power...

I would use the phpBB platform for this, as it is easy to use for me, and I have a sweet idea of how to
make the forum look like and I know for a fact that many of you would like it.

I await for answers of the players and Skarain.

Thank you,
John Blake.
John Blake
John Blake

Character sheet
Name: John Blake
Title: Druid Apprentice

Back to top Go down

New Forum Proposition Empty Re: New Forum Proposition

Post by Ixirar Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:26 am

Honestly, if you want to move on from this forum, I think you should reintegrate in the battle.net ones. This forum was established to distance ourselves from the, at the time, very active PVP community that made the realm forum a clutter to navigate. The RP community then was large enough to sustain a very active forum in DefiasRP and as evident when looking at it it's seen a lot of use over the years, however the circumstances that led to its creation are no longer valid, and as such I don't think creating an entirely new forum is the best course of action. At the time of its creation the RP community was very large and in fact popular enough that we had a constant flow of applications for whitelisting on DefiasRP (back then a large section of the forum was invisible to non-members and you could only post in the application board untill you were approved for full access).
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhena Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:14 am

I personally would think this as a good idea. The old forums could still exist as an archive, but considering how old and large the forums are and there is no admin a new one would make a difference.
Rhena
Rhena

Character sheet
Name: Rhena Oxley
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:46 am

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Honestly, if you want to move on from this forum, I think you should reintegrate in the battle.net ones.

I've been looking at them a bit recently and I remember why I stopped. It's still a very toxic environment from what I can see.

I'm happy with this forum but will happily switch to another straight replacement as long as we all switch over.
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:57 am

There is no need to switch sites. We do have access to all of the inner workings of the website and can roll over any changes that we agree into.

The founder of the site does play actively on server these days. During the time a few years back when they didn't, I kept poking them over Skype for any changes, any new forum sections needed or issues members were having. In the end, they dropped me the Adminstrator rights to make things easier.

I've doing minor editing and filling requests since, but not any larger changes since such are to be discussed amongst the existing admins and the community before going forward.

I'll be raising this thread to Cathee awareness so that we can discuss it further.

EDIT: I've also moved this thread to the forum section it belongs into.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:05 pm

Fenodyree wrote:
Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Honestly, if you want to move on from this forum, I think you should reintegrate in the battle.net ones.

It's still a very toxic environment from what I can see.  

So is, and has always been, DefiasRP. The fact that it's now too inactive to really gauge any toxicity doesn't redeem it.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:20 am

Seeing as this proposition appears to be going ahead, can I make one request: please ensure that the new forum is mobile-friendly - both to tablets (e.g. iPads) and phones (e.g. iPhones, Android, etc)
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by John Blake Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:40 am

Fenodyree wrote:Seeing as this proposition appears to be going ahead, can I make one request:  please ensure that the new forum is mobile-friendly - both to tablets (e.g. iPads) and phones (e.g. iPhones, Android, etc)

It will definitely be! I've testing it on my android, on iPhone and iPad Peek already. Very Happy
John Blake
John Blake

Character sheet
Name: John Blake
Title: Druid Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Broncrast Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:49 am

Might as well give my 2 cents on this.
This website is already like an old library of Defias Brotherhood RP Lore. Are you intending and willing to transfer all of it?
Maybe an up to date website would be nice, but why fix it when it isn't broken?
Been using this website since I started RPing 5-6 years ago now and this website has stayed strong and true in my opinion.
Broncrast
Broncrast

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Liræi Roden Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:27 am

As a relative newcomer, I think this site is readable in itself. I never really got the tinge ''oh this needs change''.
Besides, I found all the tips and lore bits I was looking for when was starting out, really can't complain.
Liræi Roden
Liræi Roden

Character sheet
Name: Liræi Roden
Title: The Deceased Feral Hermit

http://raedin.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriah Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:20 pm

I am FINALLY reading back up on the forums here, not too good a forum person myself because I simply forget to read up on other moments than when looking for information or reading up a reply after an forums email message.
I think of the forums to be a nice place for (larger) bits and pieces of information but with the use of our Discord server I feel most people look and ask for information there instead of here.
The official blizz forums I just find annoying and to me it feels somewhat restricted in terms of profile picture, signature and profile information.

For me changing things to a new forum would be not necessary, this one works fine and as said by others, there is a huge library and server history here. I wouldn't want to have that get lost in the process.

What is the status on the making of the new forums, is that still in process, was the plan dropped or something else?
Myriah
Myriah

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://illyloves.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Perturbo Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:19 pm

This site is old but tbh it's still one probably the best looking forums I've ever. Very easy on the eyes, no stupid flashy shit that just gets in the way or anything. Most modern ones tend to be all black backgrounds which is murder on the eyes and have artwork on the sides which is just clutter imo when you read the thing daily. The only thing I would say is legit out dated is not being able to like posts. When people I knew were talking forum design for a server they were doing I used this as an example of what a forum should look like.

If this forum is ever getting the delete, please give a heads up so i can go back and save old posts from the 2010 days and such, many memories here.

EDIT: kill me pls this thread is from last year lmao didnt notice the necro
Perturbo
Perturbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:45 pm

The flipping necromancy.

As far as I am aware Pert there's no rush to delete these forums in the near future but I guess if you really want to start saving stuff there's no time like the present.

You should check the stuff we mods have moved to our own mod archived section over the years though, its a goldmine. Cool
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:54 pm

Annnnd locked for Necromancy. If people want to debate this, make a new thread please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down