Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum RP anyone?

5 posters

Go down

Forum RP anyone? Empty Forum RP anyone?

Post by Valerias Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Sanshir. Among the people of the vast southern desert, the name of this great city carries with it whispers of power and wealth. Ruled by an ancient line of kings, the city a beacon of civilisation, but hosts an increasingly decadent culture. It is said that one can find anything in Sanshir... for a price.

Not far to the south of the city, to the east and west of the place where the river Tor empties out into the sea, several villages dot the expansive coastline. Though the smallest are naught but clusters of fishing huts, the largest, Alhadavar, is a thriving port of trade, where spices, fruits and silks are sent across the sea, and such exotic goods as golden amber, smooth ivory, and fiery spirits are shipped upriver to Sanshir.

Across the sea, farther than the eye can see but not so far that a fishing-boat could not cross, lie the islands of the Takiri. These mysterious hunters are warlike and proud, preferring not to mix often with the desert-dwellers even when they come to Sanshir or Alhadavar to trade, and rarely speak of themselves. They have proven themselves shrewd, however, in both business and combat, and are widely respected if often disliked.

Within this rich tapestry of peoples and traditions, who knows what events might unfold?

==
Basically, I am starting a little forum RP, quite unrelated to WoW, and would be delighted if any more people from Defias are interested in joining up. If the above introduction sounds like any fun, do have a look at http://sanshir.proboards.com/

The world setting is still a work in progress, but I think I have all the basics down, and I welcome your creativity and innovation within the framework. And should you have any questions, just let me know!

Last edited by Valerias on Wed May 11, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Forum RP anyone? Empty Re: Forum RP anyone?

Post by Valerias Wed May 11, 2011 11:41 pm

I'd just like to nudge this upwards for your consideration.

The RP has had a little time to grow, and a few plots are afoot and several characters have been made. I'd be happy for more of you to join us if a forum RP sounds like your thing.

The forum's introductory bit is here. Feel free to toss me a PM if you have questions!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu May 12, 2011 7:05 am

Ohhh, thanks for the reminder. I forgot to keep an eye on it. Busy.. times..
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Uatan/Puaar Thu May 12, 2011 8:19 am

Sorry about that aswell. Busier than expected so didn't have time for another forum RP afterall.
Uatan/Puaar
Uatan/Puaar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Fri May 13, 2011 10:18 am

Wow! That looks great!! Good job, Vale!! Smile
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Fri May 13, 2011 10:40 am

I really should try and pull my finger out to look at the stuff more. The world and lore needs some proper reading because there's so much work gone into it. Sorry I haven't posted since my original "hello" Smile
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue May 24, 2011 4:15 pm

It's been delightful to see a couple more of you around the forum. Really, if you have any questions, please just toss me a PM here or there and I'll be happy to chat with you about the RP. In fact, much more than happy xD

I'm setting up a little sub-plot, to gather up some of the mercenary/adventurer types who aren't currently involved in politics or business. So if you want to give the forum RP a go, and have something immediately to dive into, check out this thread and have a look around!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down