Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teaching "CROW"'s

3 posters

Go down

Teaching "CROW"'s  Empty Teaching "CROW"'s

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Tue May 17, 2016 4:00 pm

C.R.O.W. (Casual Roleplayer of Warcraft)

Hello, now the intention behind this is to provide a copy-pasta utility to allow guild's a simple, effective method of explaining the basics of roleplaying to their members who may be new to the do's and don't's of RP.

Or, even what all the various terms mean...

Now to that end I am intending to share my method, I operate under the assumption that new RP'ers have a passing curiosity and can be easily overloaded with information and long winded explanations will do more harm then good, so the objective is to be clear, concise, polite and accurate.

Phase 1; IC & OOC

Okay, first thing to cover mate is the IC (In character) and OOC (Out of character). IC would be actions you take, with the perspective that you are seeing the world and experiencing it through the character you are playing. the IC channels (places where you talk that are considered in character) Would be /say /yell and /e (emote)

So any thing you do in these channels, should be from the idea that it's your character saying, or doing it, make sense?

Phase 2; Becoming the character

Now the next part, is to figure out who your character is, the race, sex, what is their personality is like and why? This is where you make your story for them, where have they been, what have they done, and what are their plans now?

Phase 3; Mary sue

As you guessed, the main fun of RP is making stories with other people, but to make it fun and fair for everyone, we try not to make our characters to "Awesome" or it's no fun for the others RP'ing with you, so stay away from things like being related to NPC's or very heavy lore figures, like Jaina Proudmoore for example, make sense?

Phase 4; Let that bird fly!

Right your set! shall we do some RP? Very Happy

Hope this proves useful for those of you trying to help new RP'ers learn the ropes, this is the bare-bones to get them going.

GL! o/

Last edited by Zackarn Yorelas on Sun May 22, 2016 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Teaching "CROW"'s  Empty Re: Teaching "CROW"'s

Post by Liræi Roden Thu May 19, 2016 12:01 pm

I so enjoy helping people who are fresh to this, but I never felt like copypasting for them.
I guess I just enjoy the avid motion of my fingers as I share my enthusiasm, haha!
Liræi Roden
Liræi Roden

Character sheet
Name: Liræi Roden
Title: The Deceased Feral Hermit

http://raedin.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Thu May 19, 2016 12:47 pm

Once you've done it 20 times in a row you maaaay feel differently haha

Edit** Actually on second thoughts I've got you on B-Tag... *Has a cunning plan*
Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Liræi Roden Thu May 19, 2016 3:12 pm

Oh my...
Liræi Roden
Liræi Roden

Character sheet
Name: Liræi Roden
Title: The Deceased Feral Hermit

http://raedin.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Thu May 19, 2016 9:28 pm

Zack, when do you not have cunning a cunning plan? Also, are they just plan or are they actually cunning? Is the cunning just for flavour or just a reference to Black Adder?

Also, what is the difference between a cake and a biscuit? I ask this because it will help my roleplay in the obscure circumstance one would need such knowledge. Perhaps a pubquiz or something like that.

A great post however, I wish this existed back when I had people to teach. Then again the day may soon come when I will look at this thread and copy paste it for all that it's worth.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zackarn Yorelas Thu May 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Well Charlie, as any good pubquiz going brit will tell you, the difference between a cake and a biscuit is simple.

Cakes get hard as they go stale
Biscuits get soft as they go stale

Also you are indeed correct I hath stolen said cunning plan phrase from Black Adder, who to his credit, while not having the most cunning of plans, often had the only one that would work!

Zackarn Yorelas
Zackarn Yorelas

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down