Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lore bits: Trial of Tirion Fordring

5 posters

Go down

Lore bits: Trial of Tirion Fordring Empty Lore bits: Trial of Tirion Fordring

Post by Mallucis Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:22 pm

I think, I've found a perfect location for trials, although, it's accessibility is low. It's located in the Tol Barad's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], where you can entre only if one of three sets of quests after winning the battleground is available (namely: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).

Here are the screens of the room:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Why this room is perfect? In the lore we have only two situation where a trial is described: one in the "War Crimes" by Christie Golden and one in "Blood and Honor" by Chris Metzen. The first describes the trial of Garrosh Hellscream, which takes place in the Temple of the White Tiger. The scond one describes a trial of Tirion Fordring, after he was accused of helping an Orc (Ertrig) and disobeying orders of his superiors, which takes place in in Stratholme.

Chris Metzen wrote:An hour later, Tirion was seated in a large oaken chair in the middle of the polished courtroom floor. Before him was an immense stage adorned with four throne-like chairs. At the center of the stage, directly in front of him, was a large lectern where the judge would conduct the trial. Above the stage was an enormous white flag bearing a stylized blue letterL, which signified the Alliance of Lordaeron. Lining the vast walls of the chamber were other huge banners representing the seven nations of the Alliance. A large blue banner embroidered with a golden lion signified the kingdom of Stormwind. Another banner, black with a red-gauntleted fist, represented the kingdom of Stromgarde. Tirion was too nervous to look
around at the others.

Though he could not bear to turn around and see his comrades’ accusing faces, he could hear a hundred voices whispering and muttering at once throughout the grandiose chamber. Through the din, he discerned that everyone in attendance was shocked to hear that he had betrayed them. Many of the onlookers had served under his command during the war, and many others he considered to be good friends. He could feel their communal confusion and scorn buffet him in waves. His trial would not be an easy one.

Far to his right, he caught sight of Barthilas sitting in attendance. The young Paladin had a condemning look in his eye as he gazed intently at Tirion. Tirion wondered why the youth had turned on him so completely and been so eager to see him disgraced. He turned away from Barthilas as another armored Paladin made his way to the front of the stage.

“Defenders of Lordaeron,” the Paladin said in a clear voice, “today we stand in judgment of one of our own. The trial of Lord Tirion Fordring will now commence.”

Tirion realized that his palms were sweating. He had to physically restrain himself from shaking. He knew that the four jurors would enter the Hall soon. Every major trial in Lordaeron was presided over by four of the highest-ranking lords within the Alliance. Tirion was sure that he’d recognize many of them as his peers. The attendant onlookers hushed as the first of the jurors entered.

“All hail Lord Admiral Daelin Proudmoore of Kul’Tiras,” the Paladin said as the tall, lanky figure walked across the stage. Lord Proudmoore took the throne-like seat on the far right with a look of disquiet on his proud face. Tirion knew Proudmoore well. Despite being a tactical genius, the Lord Admiral was one of the greatest heroes of the war. His officer’s uniform and large, ceremonial hat were deep blue and adorned with golden medals and pins signifying his rank as master of the Alliance’s navies.

The Paladin spoke again. “All hail Arch-Mage Antonidas of the Magocracy of Dalaran,” he said as the second juror strode in. A hush descended upon the crowd as the mysterious wizard took his seat. His lavender hooded robe was adorned with black and gold trim, and he carried a great, polished staff in his hands. Ever distrustful of magic, Tirion hadn’t had many dealings with wizards over the years, and was somewhat disconcerted to find that his fate was now in the hands of one. He looked back to the Paladin as the last two jurors were announced.

The venerable Archbishop, Alonsus Faol, who had anointed Tirion as a Paladin long ago, walked in and
took a seat next to the lectern.

Following the Archbishop was the young prince of Lordaeron, Arthas, who had only recently been made a full Paladin. Tirion had never met the young prince before, but he could see that the handsome youth radiated goodness and wisdom despite his relatively young age. Tirion wished fervently that Barthilas had had the prince’s composure, days before.

With the jurors assembled, the Paladin motioned for everyone to rise for the judge’s entrance. All of the attendant men and women rose as Uther the Lightbringer entered the Hall and walked forward to the ornate lectern. The mighty, holy patron of the Knights of the Silver Hand scanned the assembly with stern eyes the color of ocean storms. His ornately etched silver armor seemed to reflect every light source in the vast Hall—bathing Uther in a halo of shimmering beauty. Uther was the first Paladin, and was held to be the mightiest warrior amongst the armies of the Alliance. He was also held to be the wisest and most noble of all the holy Paladins. Everyone in the room was cowed by his commanding presence.

It's a shame, though, there is no other place like this...
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet
Name: Aramal Blackstone
Title: Knight of Stormwind, Lord of Blackwood

http://mallucis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Lore bits: Trial of Tirion Fordring Empty Re: Lore bits: Trial of Tirion Fordring

Post by Allonia_Miral Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:25 am

Wow, that looks awesome. Never saw that before.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Lore bits: Trial of Tirion Fordring Empty Re: Lore bits: Trial of Tirion Fordring

Post by Skarain Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:31 am

I recommend you to check one trick:

Do characters remain inside of it if logged out, or if just they remain in there as new battles commence. Are they automatically thrown away or not.

If they remain inside the location, all you need to do is get a Warlock + 2x Alts in there, to be ready to summon everyone at the time of the Trial.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:17 am

I believe you get ported out if you're not controlling the location at the time. I'll check for you, just to make sure.

Edit: Yup, the instance resets every time TB starts. Meaning that you'll get ported out once it's started, this includes people who logged out prior to it resetting as your instance will become invalid.

Edit 2: However, Rustberg Village might have a building you may be interested in.

http:
http:

Edit 3: Oh, I derped. Though you meant the instance. But yeah, you get ported out if the event is about to start.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Actually, it would seem I'm incorrect about the area resetting. I've currently set my DK in one of the wards, just to see if she gets ported out if I log on to her tomorrow.

It'd still mean you'd be on a 3 hour timer tho, but 3 hours should be more than enough for a trial. (Unless Alliance is attacking next, which would allow people to quickly cap TB and continue. But that'd also require the warlock and two lackeys to log out about 2-3 minutes before TB starts just to be sure that they can resummon everyone once TB ends.)
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:16 pm

I tested that myself. You get ported out if you log-in during the event, that much is sure. Not sure though whether you remain inside if you remain logged out until the event itself is over.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:12 am

I left my ally alt there, when the area was controlled by the Alliance. When I logged back I was still there, but the area was also controlled by the Alliance. Not sure if that would be possible, if the area was controlled by the Horde.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:16 am

Skarain wrote:I tested that myself. You get ported out if you log-in during the event
I though that was obvious to everyone. Why on earth would you be allowed to stay inside if the event is ongoing and you have to Queue in, then there'd be literally no reason for the queue in the first place. (Not that I feel there is one anymore anyway)

As for off-time, it's irrelevant who controls the area. If you're in the raid when logged out you get ported out just outside the raid if the event isn't ongoing. So it's very safe to assume it's not gonna kick you out even if it's Horde controlled.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:23 am

Coppersocket wrote:Why on earth would you be allowed to stay inside if the event is ongoing and you have to Queue in, then there'd be literally no reason for the queue in the first place.

The Hole's entry closes afterwards, so I can't see why one couldn't be left there as there would be only one way to leave the place - by Herthstone. Or by waiting till it's over.
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:06 pm

Alright. Let's go by your logic.

"I should be allowed to be here, despite that I can't really quest here at the moment because the questgivers aren't fucking here, and I'm still within the zone of Tol Barad."

Yeah, absolutely no good reason as to why people get zoned out.

What you're asking for is this: Have all three holes have separate instances that react independently upon which one is active during the day to allow people who shouldn't be in one of the other holes in the first place- be allowed to be in said place as long as they want to, regardless of if TB is running or not despite being in the zone.

This would put a bunch of needless and frankly pointless scripts in TB that only serves a purpose to a audience that doesn't exist and possibly makes people who want to do TB who logged out in TB have to hearthstone and come back to queue for TB despite that they were already there, making them have to lose what could've been precious time that could literally decide if you win or lose it.

Still sounds like a good idea?
No?
I didn't think so.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melamoria Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:56 pm

That is pretty epic location for a trail. Definitely worth it if the opportunity arises.
Melamoria
Melamoria

Character sheet
Name: Melamoria Anastasia Stormchild
Title: Sister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallucis Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:34 pm

Mineral, I'm not trying to complain nor deny anything. ^^
Mallucis
Mallucis

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down