Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Friendly RP Server

3 posters

Go down

The Friendly RP Server Empty The Friendly RP Server

Post by Maelmoor Sun May 03, 2015 3:50 pm

The Friendly RP Server

The main debate about this should be kept in the realm forums but posting it here as well in order to spread the word.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As we all know there are fewer role players around than in the heydays but with that said I do not share the death and gloom thoughts some have, I know we have plenty of great and friendly role players on the server, each day contributing to the RP community.

We have never been the largest RP server but we do have a friendly community and that is something we should build upon.

While this is written from an Alliance point of view I’m sure it can also be applied on horde side if there is interest.

I think it’s important that we can agree on a few basic things and get the community together, much of what I list is common sense and things many already do, this is just a way to package it so people can rally to the same flag, a sort of RP manifest for the server.

While I hope people will take part it is of course fine to continue as always and not pay this any further attention.

- Welcome new players. Focus on people new to RP and/or to the server, we recently have seen an initiative been formed by Sky and Myriah about welcoming new players to the RP community. Going forward this will be our most important challenge, to not make it to an exclusive club but rather welcome everyone who is willing to give RP a chance. There are plenty of people who take the time to explain and introduce RP to new players, this is something we should do even more as a community.

Welcoming events will be hold in-game, where the basics of RP is shared as well as information in order to either find RP or a guild who can help with it as well as answer on questions, this information will also be shared through a number of channels.

Last but not least, let people make mistakes, if a background story has some flaws, so may it be, if a smiley is done in say, don’t scold it. We have all been new to RP at some point and we have all done (and still do!) silly mistakes, let it happen and move forward.

- Spread the word. This is about announcing and sharing information about RP events and happenings through official channels, while the DefiasRP forum is a good source of information it is most important that we use the official realm forum. In addition to that general chat channels in-game are also a good way to spread the word. Everyone should know about it, then it is up to each one to decide if they would like to participle. While this may attract oocers it can also be an opportunity to inform them and maybe they will give it a go.

- Weekly public RP events. As a community we will arrange at least one weekly public RP event for everyone to attend, this gives people a chance to meet new players in a more structured form, everyone willing to arrange events are of course welcome to do so and if there are more than one per week then that is just great. It doesn’t have to be anything advanced, a gathering in a tavern or a prayer is all good and the aim is to try and change location and nature of events so it suits everyone now and then ICly as well.

- Friendly RP chat. This is an in-game chat channel on Alliance side called /friendlyrp, it’s aiming towards those who agree and wants to help out with the above as well as new players who can easily ask questions. It’s also a source to find on-going RP.

- Marketing. While we want to get as many as possible to RP on the server it is always good with new players from the outside, I will start to “market” the server in other forums and channels, if it results in a few more players to the community then it is well worth it, I hope as many as possible can do the same, with a number of people involved in such activities the effect is immediate, we have seen this before.

- Focus on our server. Yes there is another RP server out there but we should rather focus on what we have and what we can do, if people wants to move out, then so may it be. Personally I have never tried to convince people to stay, if their heart is not here it may be better for them to take a break or move out, so let us rather focus on our server.

- Handle oocers (OOC = Out Of Character). While this is a RP server and I would like to see everyone rping you also have to realize that will never be the case, we have to accept that many are not into RP. What I hope for those not interested in RP is that you can still respect it, maybe you will give it a chance one day. As for us RPers, a friendly word explaining what is going on is much better than just a harsh comment and an ignore, sure there will be those who just enjoy to sabotage but the initial contact should be positive.

In order for this to succeed we need people to rally to the cause and help out or at least support, a great way to help is to come with feedback and your opinions, what could be done and how. Feel free to use this thread or our in-game channel, you can always whisper me but I rather keep the comments public so everyone can share and take part.

This isn’t anything that should be run by a selected few but rather the RP community as a whole where everyone’s voice is just as important.

/Maelmoor
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

The Friendly RP Server Empty Re: The Friendly RP Server

Post by Skarain Sun May 03, 2015 9:21 pm

I support. Response here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Mon May 04, 2015 9:50 pm

Maelmoor wrote:The Friendly RP Server

The main debate about this should be kept in the realm forums but posting it here as well in order to spread the word.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As we all know there are fewer role players around than in the heydays but with that said I do not share the death and gloom thoughts some have, I know we have plenty of great and friendly role players on the server, each day contributing to the RP community.

We have never been the largest RP server but we do have a friendly community and that is something we should build upon.

/Maelmoor

Regardless of whether you agree with the criticism or not; on a forum which is regularly criticised for being a 'venomous environment', that is a pretty hilarious statement.

Humorous comments aside, I agree with everything you said and will see where I can take part. Smile
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down