Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Stuff of Legend

+6
Lyniath
Anivitas
Ixirar
Arabella Greene
siegmund
Adry
10 posters

Go down

The Stuff of Legend Empty The Stuff of Legend

Post by Adry Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:36 pm

What is a hero without a weapon through which to channel their might, their power, their fortified will? A powerful weapon is more than a tool of destruction - a powerful weapon is an image, a relic of battles fought, engagements lost, blood shed. A weapon stands testament to the unwavering will of mortality, to the refusal to succumb to the bitter inevitability, be that carried through the innumerable demonic forces infesting the great dark beyond, or through the darkness that occupies every living soul. A weapon serves not only to document the past. A weapon prophesizes the future.

The Iron Horde bring to bear weapons of immense strength and power, weapons which can, and will be used to great and devastating effect. As a weapon does, their weaponry betrays their inner contention, their villainous flaw - they lack conviction. The war for them, lost long before it began, shall regardless be a bloody and effective one. Azeroth will reel, and its races will weep. But they will remember; the losses, the victories, and the weapons.

A legendary weapon. Do you have one? They come from arduous grinds, with the way painted exquisitely (usually) with exciting quests and story telling. These, as always,  go to the 'heroes'. And what of us? These exciting stories go untouched, avoided. After all, who would be so obnoxious as to claim to be THE owner of Shadowmourne, Dragonwrath, Sulfuras, so on, so forth. Those legendary weapons and items have their own story - and so can we have ours.

So we make our own Legendary Quest, we craft a weapon through the course of our RP as a communal effort, we imbue it with the powers at our disposal, through trips to the farthest reaches of Draenor, Azeroth, Outland and beyond. We tell our own Legendary story, of the intricacies of the crafting, of the choosing of who shall wield the weapon, and of the effectiveness in battling the Iron Horde. A story we can all be part of.

So here it is, my idea. The Defias Brotherhood Legendary Quest. Your thoughts?
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

The Stuff of Legend Empty Re: The Stuff of Legend

Post by siegmund Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:03 pm

The Defias Brotherhood of the legendary ring.

Jokes aside getting any kind of gear and weapons can be a "legendary" endevor on it's own but it's a interesting idea to go for a big one.

Still

of the choosing of who shall wield the weapon

PRECIOUS!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:11 pm

I think this will open up a wonderous avenue of rp
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:48 pm

While legendary quests serve as great tools for a video game narrative, the format works less well in an RP setting, as you're essentially making one person the main character of the rp community for the duration of the event. This is alright if everybody is emotionally invested in that one character, but more likely than not it'll be that one char and their close friends being center while everybody else is alienated/background noise for the "real" stuff.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:50 pm

It won't be focused around the character, it'll be focused around the weapon. Whoever gets to wield it won't be decided until the very end.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:57 pm

It's a cool idea, although I think you would be better served creating a legendary object/relic of some sort, rather then a weapon, so as to avoid having that one person wielding it, and the doubtless drama that may ensue.

But I do like the idea, it would be something fresh for the community to get a hold of.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:12 pm

Allow me to elaborate on the weapon:

While it will be held by one person decided by the community, this will not be forever. A few months at a time, maybe, then it will become 'unbound', and must be bound again, not to necessarily the same person. Additionally, as this is a 'Legendary Quest Line', more bits will be added with every content patch, making the weapon stronger, and effectively starting the process all over again, including choosing a new wielder for it.

The point of this is not to centre around the shiny thing. It is to centre around the communal process of creating and imbuing the shiny thing, so that it can become the pointy bit at the end of the communal stick, with which to prod the Iron Horde. Whoever wields it at any one time can have their 15 minutes of fame, but they'll merely be a means to a greater end, which cannot be accomplished when centered around one person.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:12 pm

I like the concept of the whole endeavour, hopefully the flaws mentioned can be sorted
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorn Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:52 pm

Emerson, (1844). wrote:To finish the moment, to find the journey’s end in every step of the road, to live the greatest number of good hours, is wisdom.
And it is a journey I look forward to seeing unfold and participating in. I don't believe the end result matters as much as people think it will.

*:
Lorn
Lorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:54 am

The Format

The enigmatic as-yet-decided 'higher power' shall, soon enough, present this idea in character. Then, any groups (these can be guilds, groups of guilds, groups of friends) of either the Alliance or Horde can step forwards to offer their aid. They will then be given tasks, several groups being tasked with different things at once during each chapter of progression. The objective of the task, while invariably concrete, can be acquired through any means you wish. I have no intention to DM anything except the crafting of the blade. I'll point the groups in the right direction with a quest in their log and an incentive in their mind, and request something of them - be it magical gems, the hilt of a blade, or the teeth of a Gronn.

When each chapter is complete, the collected resources shall be pooled together/crafted, and new objectives laid forth for the next chapter, until finally the weapon is complete. What shape the weapon takes? The community decides. What powers it possesses? The community decides. This is your story - not of holding the weapon per se, but of being part of the group that built it, that tempered it, that made something so great.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:18 am

EXCALIBUR!!!!!
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:59 am

Adry, stop making me wanna go back to alliance RP. *Bites*
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:54 am

This is open to Alliance and Horde!
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:02 am

Adry wrote:This is open to Alliance and Horde!
ERHMAHGERHD!
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:19 pm

I have college work that needs doing this month, but I can find time to get this ball rolling next week at some point.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:14 pm

Something along these lines were planned for one of the scrapped RP-PvP campaigns, where basicly - Some sort of comet with a strange metal would strike into Hellfire Peninsuela. The Horde and the Alliance would both send teams/armies (the players) to the zone in order to claim the metal/keep the other faction from getting it.

The campaign would revolve around the different PvP objectives in Outlands, starting with the 3 capture points in Hellfire Peninsuela.

And then there were ideas to start using the other places to empower the metal (Say, Auchindun towers to empower it, Halaa to forge it, so on and so forth).

The idea was eventually scrapped, but it'd be fun to see something along the lines being put into play.

Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:53 pm

The IC goal is for it to be crafted by a neutral party, in an effort to unite the Horde and Alliance against the Iron Horde.

The OOC goal is to have fun, so I've been considering ways of sparking RPPvP out of this. Firstly however, I'd like to get this up and off its feet.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down