Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Tradesman's Market

+8
Officer High Morale
Davnan
Myriah
Skarain
Secran
siegmund
Tamil
Kayle Ravelle
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A] The Tradesman's Market Empty [A] The Tradesman's Market

Post by Kayle Ravelle Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:01 am

Spoiler:

The Tradesman's Market
Yes ladies and gentlemen, that's right! The first in a fortnightly series of market events within Stormwind City itself. The Tradesman's Market has been set up by Kayle Ravelle on behalf of the Ministry of Trade (and his wallet) in order to bolster the Stormwind economy (and his wallet). The market isn't just for the sale of goods! It's also for anyone with a service to offer like mercenaries, builders, cleaners and so on.

Perhaps you make shiny trinkets? Or bake delicious cakes? All trades persons are welcome to attend and establish stalls and trade stands. There's plenty of room for the community to get together and interact with one another in the safety of our glorious capital. Even criminals are welcome (well... as welcome as a criminal can be) as many things can be sold under the guise of 'herbal medication' or 'alternative treatments'. Go wild with that imagination you shiny diamond!

So Kayle, where will this event be?
I'm glad you asked [Insert your name here], It will be along the western side of the Stormwind Cathedral, close to the ruins of the Park. As clarified, there will be plenty of room for any stalls that you wish to set up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
So Kayle, how do I get in on this wonderful event?
That's a good question! All you need to do is contact me in any way you can, be it through posted mail, face to face meeting or whatever other method you can think of (whisper Syker in game or add my Bnet: Sykez#2560). Once you've let me know of your interest, I'll get you down on the list. Don't let that deter you from showing up on impulse to trade, as stated, all are welcome!

What day and time do you expect to have this market?
Friday the 12th of September at around 20:00, running late into the night or until everyone decides to go to bed. It will then run fortnightly at the same time, provided the first one is successful of course.

I look forward to seeing all of you there!

OOC: As additional information, if anyone is willing to create GHI items it would be very much appreciated. I'll do my best to create some myself and hope to see several others take the initiative. Also, if anyone wishes to sell OOC items, such as crafted weapons and armour, they're more than free to do so, the actual gold price can be discussed in whisper, just as long as the price is RP'ed down to a reasonable standard.

More information will come as I find it, a list of attending organisations will be posted forthwith.

Last edited by Syker on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kayle Ravelle
Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

[A] The Tradesman's Market Empty Re: [A] The Tradesman's Market

Post by Kayle Ravelle Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:35 am

Reserved for further info.

*Edit* Glad to have had a few responses already!
Kayle Ravelle
Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamil Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:36 am

Very nice initiative, I'm curious as to how it will look when everything gets rolling. Some time ago we had a Stormwind Market event which I thought succeeded well, is that similar to what you have in mind?

PS. Thanks for allowing all of us to steal your address-the-people idea in the council meeting :>
Tamil
Tamil

Character sheet
Name: Tamil Rodericson
Title: Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayle Ravelle Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:10 am

Hey Tamil,

I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t take inspiration from the Stormwind Market event that happened a few months back; I have messaged the person who arranged it to ensure that I’m not stepping on any toes by running something similar. Fortunately, they’re more than happy for me to go ahead with it, which is very much appreciated.

I’m rather looking forward to seeing how well it rolls; hopefully we’ll have plenty of people show up with their various things, I’m praying for Pandaren Noodle Carts.

PS. I allowed no such thing, I feel violated by having my ‘No, I care about the common people, honest’ act stolen.
Kayle Ravelle
Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:14 am

Making it near a place which already may have some kind of marketing put down things might help a lot more then only relying on player put down carts.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayle Ravelle Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:48 am

It's worthy of consideration, Siegmund, I admit. Unfortunately the only place with a market stall that I can think of is by the dock. The Cathedral District is nice and central and the wall has it's uses. I'll have another look around when I can though.
Kayle Ravelle
Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:10 pm

Just a sugestion, but hey docks can work in a way even if it's not fully central if you think about how a good part of goods come into Stormwind, but in the end up to the organizer anyway.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayle Ravelle Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:42 pm

I'll have a look in to it, maybe it'll even spill over onto the docks, who knows?
Kayle Ravelle
Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Secran Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:09 pm

Thinking about joining up with my main there. For entertaining purposes. Secran might be showing off some magically entertaining skills. And hell...he might even sell some of his hand-made toys there.

Cant confirm unfortunatly...still a long way from today.
Secran
Secran

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:02 pm

I still think that if a large number of people attends, market events held by the docks are sure to get spammy and crowded. That's how it went one market event that was held there. Cath square, while does not have stalls by itself allow ones to be more spread, since nobody needs to try to snatch a stall for themselves. Yet, that is merely my opinion.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:53 pm

Skarain wrote:I still think that if a large number of people attends, market events held by the docks are sure to get spammy and crowded. That's how it went one market event that was held there. Cath square, while does not have stalls by itself allow ones to be more spread, since nobody needs to try to snatch a stall for themselves. Yet, that is merely my opinion.

Yes there are "few" actual stalls, but there is a lot of space at the docks too as well as carts and crates all over (which you can make use of makeshift stalls) plus whatever players can set down all along the docks so it wouldn't get spamy as much, sure the cathedral place is roomy as well but both are roomy but just my opinion as well of course... You can use the boats as well to have "stalls" makeshift or a temporary Inn of a sort inside a boat that the event would rent. (You want your crowd to stay near the main event not go to the pig/recluse/etc while letting those not interested in market itself be near the public)

since nobody needs to try to snatch a stall for themselves.

Point there but could just have those stalls that there are for the main people like Night elves and whoever the general is and have the others spead about.. I guess... But I belive that a box is least better then thin air and docks are pretty huge when you expand your view from the few stalls.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayle Ravelle Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:15 pm

On extended inspection of potential areas for the event to be, it shall remain within the Cathedral District due to it's centralised location. Perhaps some of the more criminal elements can shift their focus to the alleyways closer to the docks. If the entire city felt like a market day, I'd be pretty jubilant about the whole affair.
Kayle Ravelle
Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myriah Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:19 pm

I am not sure yet if I have IRL stuff going on at the 12th, but if not, then Lady Mira will be there doing a few readings for those interested.

Myriah
Myriah

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://illyloves.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamil Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:45 pm

Kayle, will you be making in-game events for this? It may seem an unnecessary hassle perhaps, but I imagine there are quite some people who don't check the forums and would still like to hear about these Market Days.

Of course we could also ask each faction leader to tell their members about it ICly, I guess that would cover most of the field.
Tamil
Tamil

Character sheet
Name: Tamil Rodericson
Title: Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayle Ravelle Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:50 am

Hey Tamil,

I've made an event and will be popping calendar invites to anyone that has voiced their interest, things appear to be moving ahead quite nicely. Guild leaders or sole correspondents from guilds have been given administrative privileges so they can invite their members.
Kayle Ravelle
Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Davnan Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:22 am

Bumping this shamelessly. The ragtag bunch of criminals are already hard at work trying to figure out how to "ruin" this wonderfull evenening. I sure hope that no overly zealous guards show up, that would be a real shame indeed!
(Please, do show up!)
Davnan
Davnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayle Ravelle Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:02 am

Indeed, please do show up!

It appears we're all sorted out for ale and food, but feel free to bring more. Better to have too much than too little, we've got a whole host of groups already signed up. So pop by and try and sell any old rubbish from a basket/box/crate.

For the economy... of course.
Kayle Ravelle
Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayle Ravelle Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:56 pm

More and more organisations appear to be signing up so we're gaining momentum. Do let me know if there's anything special you wish to do.
Kayle Ravelle
Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayle Ravelle Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:31 pm

Aaaand it's going down tomorrow, ladies and gentlemen. Hoping to see a nice, big turnout.
Kayle Ravelle
Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Selling a blue fancy hat for 1000g. (^o^) oh wait, two of them.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:48 pm

blue fancy hat? Any links so we know what to expect? WoWhead link would naturally suffice, or armory link.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Coppersocket wrote:blue fancy hat? Any links so we know what to expect? WoWhead link would naturally suffice, or armory link.

No links, it will be a surprise. Ofcourse if it will even be there.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferbian Gormaine Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:04 pm

Just noticed on the first page it saying you'd toss out in-game calender invites for people wanting to come, could you toss one to me (Ferbian)?

Wouldn't mind dropping by, at least to check things out.
Ferbian Gormaine
Ferbian Gormaine

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayle Ravelle Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:49 pm

Ferbian wrote:Just noticed on the first page it saying you'd toss out in-game calender invites for people wanting to come, could you toss one to me (Ferbian)?

Wouldn't mind dropping by, at least to check things out.

Absolutely mate, seems you've already signed up for it. Smile
Kayle Ravelle
Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferbian Gormaine Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Ah yes, brain fart, had Myriah invite me.
Ferbian Gormaine
Ferbian Gormaine

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next