Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Quick Gauge for Criminal Interest?

+14
Táo
Ixirar
Helmut
Vaell
Izzifix
Rae Wulfgnar
Kayle Ravelle
Thelos
Robin Drake
Secran
Adry
erwtenpeller
Bradley
Skarain
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A] Quick Gauge for Criminal Interest? Empty [A] Quick Gauge for Criminal Interest?

Post by Skarain Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:54 pm

this is simply a quick check for interest if there is interest towards a criminal guild alike which is not currently found on the DB roleplaying scene.

The general thought is -not- one of super-villains, master assassins, ninjas, cultists, mafia, street thugs, pickpockets, but more towards an organized group of thieves, no ultra-strict hierarchy, a certain set of rules and use of intellect.

The idea is yet rough and will require plenty of polish, reason i ask for the interested for a talks of ideas and execution. There is also a couple of issues i'd like to address when it comes to that, but i do hope to do them in private rather than discuss on the forums.

No promises. Just a heckton of ideas.

Send me a PM if you'd hope to see something like this. I'll respond when i have the time.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

[A] Quick Gauge for Criminal Interest? Empty Re: [A] Quick Gauge for Criminal Interest?

Post by Bradley Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Honestly that's pre much the Cartel. We (they?) haven't been able to pull off the 'street thugs & mafia' deal for a while. Cartel consists of thieves. Organized. Barely any hierarchy. I'm just pointing this out because I don't think DB can carry two guilds with such a similar concept, and that it might be better to work something else out for the benefit of everyone.
Bradley
Bradley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] Quick Gauge for Criminal Interest? Empty Re: [A] Quick Gauge for Criminal Interest?

Post by Skarain Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Fair, though i will go and mention that i am not part of the Cartel and thus not to aware of their roleplaying in detail, so i primarily act on what i have been seeing in my years, even if that would be a faulty image. My apologies on that.

I might talk more with a few people from the Cartel and ask around to chisel my idea different. Creating mirror-guilds (if i go for it) is what i want to avoid, so cheers for notifying me.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:31 pm

Yeah yknow the 'problem' generally lies with the fact that it's difficult to get enough like-minded characters for a specific criminal concept. You'll have thugs, pickpockets, business fellas and so on, but not enough to even separate them into different rackets within the guild. Which naturally makes it difficult to make a specific concept concentrating on certain parts of the criminal underworld. In my experience anyway.
Bradley
Bradley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:45 pm

Bradley wrote:I don't think DB can carry two guilds with such a similar concept
This is a bullshit way of thinking. Even guilds with the same concept can be completely different in feel an execution.
There are two guilds of Stormwind Guards. Does it get any more specific then that?

Don't do what the server needs, Skarain. Do what you feel like doing. Do what feels good for you.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:18 pm

I like this idea a lot. The opportunities for criminal RP are very limited at present, and variety really is the spice of life. I'd love to see a new proper criminal guild kicking about.

Also...
Bradley wrote:I don't think DB can carry two guilds with such a similar concept

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry. What?
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Secran Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:26 pm

Im actually waiting for a Mafia-like guild. Criminal family and what not...
Secran
Secran

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:25 am

You are always going to get slight similarities with guilds that are in the same genre of roleplay. Unfortunately the Cartel do a bit of everything crime related excluding a few things such as piracy. Therefore if we were to follow the prospect that "Two guilds cannot exist of the same type" it would be almost impossible for another criminal guild to be made. I think should enough people be interested Skarain should go forward with her idea, after hearing her out in more detail OOCLY.
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:36 am

This is just a silly idea, a flight of the fancies on my behalf, but I may have a small idea that can help you gain your own identity that's sufficiently different from tbe Cartel to appease all parties involved.

Why not pick up the Van Cleef mantle and make a Defias Brotherhood guild? As long as there are disposessed and opressed citizens out there, the Defias Brotherhood will thrive. Cut off one head and two others will take its place. All it takes is for one charismatic mook to put on a red bandana and others souls disillusioned with the Stormwind government will flock to you. The Brotherhood already reassembled once under the charismatic leadership of Vanessa, who says it can't reconstitute itself in more modest numbers again?

What are some advantages of this approach? Well, first of all, you can combine 'revolutionairy' RP that seems to go in and out of vogue from time to time and allow for characters to claim a sort of moral highground if if they like with the murkiest of scum. You can have all sorts of Chaotic characters, ranging from Robin Hoods to the Joker, all combined in a single band with a a cohesive background and recognizable imagery. Some might be in it for idealogical reasons and some might be tagging along because there's gold to be made and there simple fact that there's safety in numbers.

Historical paralels to the Defias Brotherhood include Robin Hood, the roving band of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and other loosely organised bands of outlaws.

Of course if you're uncomfortable actually calling yourself the Defias Brotherhood, you could always make your own alternative (using green bandanas, for example. Hey, a lame rip-off, but that sort of thing would totally happen considering the popularity of the Brotherhood amongst the disposessed), but I don't see any reason why players couldn't delve into that rich history and iconography. You can even throw in some illuminati stuff in there and recruit high-ranked members of society that are secretly collaborating with the Brotherhood.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayle Ravelle Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:11 am

As far as Thelos' idea goes, that'd work wonders. I mean, calling yourselves the Defias Brotherhood would be a bit meh, but acting like a bunch of irritated workers resorting to low end means would be fantastic.

Moonbrook is (as far as I know) free for RP at the moment, plus it's safely within the glorious 'blue shield'. Might be worth a shot, can always collaborate with other guilds for your supply needs and what have you.
Kayle Ravelle
Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:01 am

I would be interested! =)
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:07 am

I really like Thelos' idea. After all, I did play at revolution for a good while.

Regarding Skarain's post I'll just list myself as "interested", even if it seems there will be additional rounds of idea-conjuring.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:24 pm

I'd be interested if the idea were interesting! With nothing more than "criminal with a twist" to go on, I can't really say for certain if I want in.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:40 pm

Defias Brotherhood is humans only D:
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:47 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Defias Brotherhood is humans only D:

Nah. There have been plenty of other races like goblins, taurens, ogres, worgen, murlocs, monkeys, dwarves etc. I think that they're pretty open if one wants to establish something.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:51 pm

...Yes, you are completely right. I forgot about all 'dem horde fellows involved in the DB.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:10 pm

Keep on the thoughts coming of what kind of criminal RP guild you would like to see or any ideas of that are not quite yet guilds. Even if i would not end up going and creating any guild, the thread will serve it purpose to possibly spark the desire to create in others.

More details about the concept if one wants to read/get spoiled:
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:12 pm

I am now -very- interested. You can almost certainly count on me to put a character in there!
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Táo Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:49 pm

I think the existing criminal guilds cover most of what I adore about criminal RP..
The cartel with its tint of mafia.. The Lamb with its cultism.. The Rose with its smuggling operation..
But maybe a rebellion of some kind could be interesting? A small fraction involved with illegal activities and cooperations with other crime syndicates, but with just one single purpose in mind, to raise dirty money for its militia and its terror network.. Al Queda and Taliban does this with their opium fields Smile
Táo
Táo

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:03 pm

The Lamb with its cultism
I will drop a mention that The Lamb currently have near to zero activity on calendar and GMotD. After a recent plot-twist, there are yet to emerge a new leader to take things forward and currently it is not looking to bright.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:07 pm

Damn! I loved having a bunch of shady folk around the lamb!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:21 pm

If there would be eighteen gnome only guilds then it could be a problem but I cannot see a problem with a couple of them.

Holy Lightbringers and Disciples of Light (I see them more as a Light guild with guard rights than as a pure guard guild) are two of the oldest guilds on the server and we never had any problems existing along each others Smile
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:36 pm

well seems there is interest in having an alternate criminal guild to the cartell... thow I cannot dedicate a toon to the cause as My time is already fully taken by Monrena and Henita with a side of Jibgo.. I will offer support and wish you the best..

sorry to say cartell but your not so "hot" these days.. perhaps some competition on the streets will do some good at rejuvinating you Smile
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by CrusaderElly Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:53 am

Skarain wrote:
The Lamb with its cultism
I will drop a mention that The Lamb currently have near to zero activity on calendar and GMotD. After a recent plot-twist, there are yet to emerge a new leader to take things forward and currently it is not looking to bright.

Lamb is up and running and all is well! Innocent tea-serving with or without background shrieks music, herb-gathering, chatter and even a market!

No demons.

Nope.
CrusaderElly
CrusaderElly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:58 pm

Monrena wrote:well seems there is interest in having an alternate criminal guild to the cartell...  thow I cannot dedicate a toon to the cause as My time is already fully taken by Monrena and Henita with a side of Jibgo.. I will offer support and wish you the best..  

sorry to say cartell but your not so "hot" these days.. perhaps some competition on the streets will do some good at rejuvinating you Smile
We're always hot!:
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next