Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers

+27
Marzamara
Iriel Silversong
Rashka
Coppersocket
Ledgic
Grim
Tantzui
Zinkle Figgins
Grufftoof
Thelos
Catari
Izzifix
Krogon Devilstep
Reynar / Raviran
erwtenpeller
Haen Strongwind
Ixirar
Feral / Blackfall
siegmund
Rargnasha
Helmut
Rmuffn
Amaryl
The Z
Vaell
Allonia_Miral
Skarain
31 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers Empty Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers

Post by Skarain Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:44 am

Original post here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Details what connected realms mean: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Takralus of Blizzard Entertainment wrote:We do not have a date for the following realm connections, but will update this post when we do:

English Realms
(PvE) Bronzebeard and Aerie Peak
(PvE) Doomhammer and Turalyon
(PvE) Emerald Dream and Terenas
(RP) Steamwheedle Cartel and Moonglade/The Sha'tar
(RP PVP) Defias Brotherhood and Scarshield Legion/Ravenholdt/The Venture Co/Sporeggar

Does the other RP-PvP servers even have a roleplaying community left? When this happens, can you see it benefit Defias Brotherhood or causing more bad than good?

One thing i am curious about is if Roleplaying addons are able to take on data from people from other servers than DB.

(Cheers for Trixxey for pointing out this incoming realm connect)
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers Empty Re: Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers

Post by Allonia_Miral Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:53 am

So it finally happens. Maybe I'll meet some old faces!

I'm not sure it will make a lot of difference. Will be difficult to tell until WoD arrives I guess.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers Empty Re: Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:19 pm

Hello there!

Since most of you don't know me, I'll introduce myself first. I am Gerrond, the current guild master of the Wardens of Azeroth on The Venture Co. We're a small RP guild that's currently climbing out of a summer activity dip. I know a couple of ex-TVCers who left TVC in favour of AD and in many cases, DB as well. I've met some of you while prodding around DB (though more on my Warlock, Axye).

To answer your first question, Skarain: yes, there's a roleplaying community left. But it's small and tight. There are two guilds on Alliance to my knowledge that focus on RP. Because we're a small server, there are many things that we don't have, such as an active guard guild. For us, it is customary to use NPCs to fill up these gaps and trust each other to RP how our characters would affect the game world. I'm aware that this is probably very different on DB, where tasks such as law enforcement are actually done by the players. I can elaborate on specific matters in the future, should anyone so desire.

To answer your second question: yes, RP addons work cross-server. We've seen that with our connections to SSL, Sporeggar and Ravenholdt.

Now, we don't know when exactly this connection is going to happen (and neither does Blizzard). But when it does happen, I'd personally like to be prepared for it to let the transition go smoothly and prevent clashes or misunderstandings. Merging communities together is never an easy job, but we can work together to smooth it out where needed.

I'm looking forward to seeing old faces and meeting new people, regardless. If anyone would like to have a chat regarding this, feel free to add me on BattleTag as Gerrond#2679.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:11 pm

Welcome to the merge, Gerrond. This will probably add at least 30 people to the server so I'm looking forward to it - experienced new faces is more exciting than appealing to entirely new players.

To be honest, 30 new role-players seems like a low expectation. I'm hoping for double that.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:40 pm

I just realised something. This means we can use more characters on DB.

Yes please!
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:42 pm

My ancient Ravenholdt alliance fellows might get some attention after all...

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:32 pm

More Rpers also more gankers and more people that just are. I can't say this is anything but good news. Especially since its just rp-pvp guilds merging.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:35 pm

So.. Is it a merge into one server, or a "mega server" kind of deal where they phase in several servers whenever people are online?
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:42 pm

What will this new super realm be called?
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Vaell. As for the questions about the "super realm", you need to see it like this: it is practically a merge, and everything will behave and function as if it was the same realm. The difference is that you'll see people from other realms being indicated with - like you would in LFR, BGs etc. So I'd be Gerrond-TheVentureCo from Wardens of Azeroth-TheVenture Co.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Helmut wrote:What will this new super realm be called?

Ravenshield Mushroom Brotherhood Adventure Realm

Edit: Also, looking forwards to seeing you guys around Gerrond! Going to be interesting to see what this change will mean to the RP field. =)
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Whenever the merge comes it should be quite something even with "low" numbers.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:20 pm

Rmuffn wrote:So.. Is it a merge into one server, or a "mega server" kind of deal where they phase in several servers whenever people are online?

Skarain wrote:Details what connected realms mean: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:54 pm

I'll be damned, Blizzard is smarter than other MMO developers.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:41 pm

"To answer your second question: yes, RP addons work cross-server. We've seen that with our connections to SSL, Sporeggar and Ravenholdt."

They DON'T work on RealID invites, but they should work on Crossrealm Zones--important distinction. The other conglomeration of Rp-PvP realms has been around awhile and when I checked in a couple months ago, trade chat seemed both friendly and enthusiastic about their activity level.

This could be awesome!
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:51 pm

The thing is, MRP/TRP uses a special in game channel to communicate the MSP flags between users. When the realms are connected, so are their chat channels, so MRP/TRP will be able to communicate across the servers, whereas Real ID Cross realm play, you're still stuck with your chat channels and they with theirs.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:09 pm

the one thing that i am curious about is if Stormwind is phased, or will that to change when servers are connected? I can't find that detail from the official thread.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:10 pm

The connections we have here right now have everything phased, including Stormwind. I can see people from the other servers in Stormwind as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haen Strongwind Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:11 pm

This is good news indeed. The added biz may be enough to attract disheartened players from AD who want to transfer but don't want to risk losing the big community.
Haen Strongwind
Haen Strongwind

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:29 pm

Skarain wrote:the one thing that i am curious about is if Stormwind is phased, or will that to change when servers are connected? I can't find that detail from the official thread.

The connection breaks down EVERY SINGLE barrier between the realms. You can trade with, whisper to, group with, sell/buy to/from on the AH, RP with, fight, duel, so on, anybody from the other realms in any way and any place that you would be able to somebody from your own.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:49 pm

Awesome news. I welcome our new merger overlords.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Personally worried about Server-only Lore which DB has quite a lot.
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:02 pm

Thank you for the welcome, Rargnasha. Smile

Yes, Raviran. Server lore is a legit concern, but at least not a very mutual one. I'm not sure if there are any SSL/RH/Sporeggar guilds that I'm yet unaware of, but we don't have a lot of server lore on TVC. That's something that has to do with the guilds. I think the main issue would be to inform all non-DB RPers of the server lore that DB has and see if there'd be clashes anywhere. I am, of course, unaware of most of the server lore and what someone would have to know. Perhaps something worth discussing more in-depth.

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Not even everyone on Defias gives a hoot about Defias' so called "server lore".

It'll be fine.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:06 pm

truth be told nobody needs to know anything. Nobody cares which cults faced which guard guilds when, and who held which territory at what point. its a big world.
EDIT: except the fact that djego killed hogger, hoggerson the third. everyone needs to know, and everyone will eventually i'm sure.

edit 2:

the more important question is; does this mean there can now be 4 Bobs? Like an entire squad all called Bob?

Oh man that's awesome.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next