Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defias Brotherhood Wiki

+13
Muzjhath
Amaryl
Velspeth
erwtenpeller
Morinth
Thelos
Nessra Sunwhisper
Dharum
Darilas
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Feydor
Rasonal Dranger
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Defias Brotherhood Wiki Empty Defias Brotherhood Wiki

Post by Rasonal Dranger Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:45 pm

Recently, I became the admin of the Defias Brotherhood Wiki, and more recently, I tried to focus more on it- add to it, aid users, and so on.

So, this thread is made to gather all the requests from you such as:
-What shall we add, change or delete in the Main Page.
-Voting for Featured Character, Guild, Article and Media (almost no one does it over there)
-Requests to delete pages, protect pages and so on.

You can of course ask me through my user in the wiki itself.

Defiaseu.wikia.com
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Defias Brotherhood Wiki Empty Re: Defias Brotherhood Wiki

Post by Feydor Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:50 pm

Is the white background and such intentional now? I loved the black version.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:11 pm

I guess the wiki is pretty much okay as it is right now.

All I wish to say is that people really should create a wikipage for their own characters. I've read quite some wiki's and found most of them really interesting to read and surely most people find it interesting to read about other people's characters.

@Feydor: It's still black for me. ^^

Edit:

Still waiting for a The Dark Sphere wiki. =P
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Ahhh, why ain't mine black Sad
Edit: had to refresh cache Very Happy
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:28 pm

I used to regularly update the DoL wiki page, but after it got hacked and everything got fucked, I gave up.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:13 pm

Bennedict wrote:I used to regularly update the DoL wiki page, but after it got hacked and everything got fucked, I gave up.

I can still protect the page to users only, if that is your wish, and it will be great if you will continue to contribue to the Wiki.
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:33 am

Someone still moderating the wiki? I had a page about Darilas and it's entire contents were deleted, probably by accident. How can I restore them? Anyone knows?
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Crojwin wrote:
Still waiting for a The Dark Sphere wiki. =P

I could propably write a sort of history article there.
Maybe.
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Darilas/Annyra/Irelia wrote:Someone still moderating the wiki? I had a page about Darilas and it's entire contents were deleted, probably by accident. How can I restore them? Anyone knows?

Dunno if someone managed to fix it already, but I can still see the page just fine o.O
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:55 pm

It was probably my link / browser fecking with me. I couldn't see it at home, but could at school.
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:15 am

I really do not like having a backstory that is set in stone. That's why I keep the biographies of my characters in private, so that I may retcon whatever is convenient in any giving situation to suit the needs of roleplay. I distinctly remember each time Thelos has gotten "older" because it just felt better that way. He started out as being "Born shortly before the arrival on Draenor", making the jump to "Being born somewhere on some unknown planet", to finally solidify as "Being born on Argus". The ammount of children and wives he has changes constantly also, and so do his abilities and his proficiency with them.

I guess my point being here is that a set-in-stone biography on a wiki site like that may not fit everybody's roleplaying style. I like to let the situation dictate the character as much as I like to dictate the situation trough my character, if that makes any sense. If I had to awnser to a public biography I would feel seriously hampered. Then again, I do believe it is a wonderful source to store and gather information about the history of roleplay, about guilds, and about various items and objects, like the many entries on herbs and alcoholic beverages.

I suppose I could work on writing a Wiki-version of my writings on Draenei spirituality, if the wiki is open to articles like that. I need to clean that stuff up to make it more readable anyhow.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:27 am

I know the feeling Thelos. I've had to do this several times in the past with Morinth to cater for my crew, as they'd probably all be dead by now with their foolish actions. x)

Now I just roll with them and kill stuff when needed. She's such a strange character. Her sanity is often questioned. XD
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Thelos wrote:I may retcon whatever is convenient in any giving situation to suit the needs of roleplay.
Oh yeah I know the feeling... I pretty much rolled Deli as blank slate with the premise of a "humanised" night elf, her entire background story slowly came to be as people started asking for it IC. As chatacters asked more and better informed questions, the story got more solid and "real". But I like the way how the characters story and manurisms just sort of slowly came into existence through play.
I suppose I could work on writing a Wiki-version of my writings on Draenei spirituality, if the wiki is open to articles like that. I need to clean that stuff up to make it more readable anyhow.
That would be very cool. Isn't the wiki supposed to be about "player lore" anyway? Very Happy

--

What I could do is make a wiki entry about wellswourth, Deli's former master, but I don't know how relevant that would be.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:54 pm

I did a search for "Thelos" on the wiki and to my suprise I actually got a hit, under the header Relationships on Drustai's biography:

Thelos wrote:"I wish you best of luck holing up in that crashed ship, clutching onto the relics of your long-forgotten glory."

That doesn't sound like something Thelos would say, though!
Wierd.

I guess I'll mock up a quick and basic page so my character can at least reach immortality and prolong even after my pitiful existence ends. I cannot allow the only parcel of him on the wiki be this snide remark!

Edit: Ended up whipping up a fast biopage anyway. I guess I just couldn't resist talking about myself. Or my character, rather.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Velspeth Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:31 pm

We should use this more ^^
Velspeth
Velspeth

Character sheet
Name: Lady Velspeth Wollerton
Title: Diplomat, Priestess Cleric, Magistrate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Thelos wrote:I really do not like having a backstory that is set in stone. That's why I keep the biographies of my characters in private, so that I may retcon whatever is convenient in any giving situation to suit the needs of roleplay. I distinctly remember each time Thelos has gotten "older" because it just felt better that way. He started out as being "Born shortly before the arrival on Draenor", making the jump to "Being born somewhere on some unknown planet", to finally solidify as "Being born on Argus". The ammount of children and wives he has changes constantly also, and so do his abilities and his proficiency with them.

I guess my point being here is that a set-in-stone biography on a wiki site like that may not fit everybody's roleplaying style. I like to let the situation dictate the character as much as I like to dictate the situation trough my character, if that makes any sense. If I had to awnser to a public biography I would feel seriously hampered. Then again, I do believe it is a wonderful source to store and gather information about the history of roleplay, about guilds, and about various items and objects, like the many entries on herbs and alcoholic beverages.

not that I fault you for adapting the unknowns of your char to better fit the person you're portraying, but what happens when you tell someone ICly part of those things, and then you change them around because it fits better? Did Thelos Lie? Did he forget?

that's atleast my problem with people that change their background on the fly, and ret-con their history constantly, when they tell me tid bits of history the first time, cool, but when i talk to them a few months later and i ask about this and that, and its completely retconned, it just breaks my immersion.

I mean there are a few striking people that have a tendency to do this on the server, and personally it annoys the hell out of me. considering I have a pretty decent memory, and Amaryl has one as well. Since does your ret-con suddenly invalidate the RP that was generated, and progression my char went through because of the first interaction and the relation he/she has with your character?

and sure i'm fine with people adjusting their age to the feel of their character, to subtly change the motivations and backstory of your char, if it fits better, but the stuff you tell, the stuff you share, that better be consistent, unless your char is actually lying icly.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:57 pm

I've almost never had a complete biography of a character when I've started roleplaying one in WoW.
The characters I've made with the best backstories have always been those I only plan to use for one session. Since if you're just playing a "oneshot" and only have 5-10 hours to roleplay a character you have almost zero development time.
Compared to a character you'll use for years. So you'll have to think more about those so you'll know how to act.

That's why the wiki I have for Muz is very little of before she joined the Red Blades. Sure, I really need to update it of what she had done since joining but I treat the wikiuse as a "what has this person done that others on the server might have noticed, seen, know?"
Not as "So, this is Muzjhath, she grew up -there-" I leave the oldest part very vague and intentionally so.

Just throwing this here for others to think about when using the wiki.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:01 pm

I can certainly see your point, Amaryl. If you’ll allow me to reformulate it, I’d put your complaint as “A retcon done by another player that nvalidates some development of my own character is unacceptable”. I wholeheartedly agree with this assessment; retcons that undermine the roleplay of others or alter the already relationships between characters should be avoided. The trick to avoid this is, as Muz hinted at, keeping your background intentionally vague and avoid making retcons that you know will change the meaning of interactions your character had with others. Retroactively adding one or two children to your family or tweaking your character’s age a tiny bit should not have to be a big deal.

I would also like to add as another proviso that it seems that the more time you spend with a character, the more it develops, and the more it interacts with others characters, the less retcons will be acceptable. When in the primordial phase though, when a character is still pretty much a blank slate, I think players should have the freedom to mold and fold their characters to fit into a specific situation, and then roleplay with what sticks.

As for Thelos, I do not think he will change much from now at all. The last retcon was bumping his age from being "born somewhere in space" to "born on Argus", because I kept feeling awkward sometimes when having to deal with Draenei that were supposedly much older but knew much less about their own history.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed May 23, 2012 1:46 pm

*Insanely large bump to the front page.*
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed May 23, 2012 2:46 pm

glad this was bumped interesitn indeed.. agree with thelos.. I have had others retconning when my toons were heavily involved.. made things not very fun
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed May 23, 2012 3:38 pm

I'm partly with Thelos on this one, I just took a look at my wiki page for Kavalis and realised that oh lol I retconned that version 2 years ago, so yeah. Currently updating it.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed May 23, 2012 3:56 pm

wait we can all have ower own indevidual wow'wikki pages? o.O
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Wed May 23, 2012 4:12 pm

Defias Wiki is not Wowwiki. Defias Wiki is made purely for people and organizations that exist in the server-lore, i.e: on this server. Wowwiki is for everything in the actual canon lore.

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed May 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Hmm i so meant defias wiki.. realy!!
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed May 23, 2012 4:23 pm

ok all so me a fat favour.. any and all of you that know monrena even if it was just fleeting spam your info on here as I have no idea where to start and so much has happend with this shy draenie that I dont know where to begin

http://defiaseu.wikia.com/wiki/Monrena_Scaletail
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next