Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Statement by the Kingdom of Stormwind

+33
Coppersocket
Chrystan
Tantzui
Brigs Morgan
Feral / Blackfall
Amaryl
Allonia_Miral
Eldiros
Beladon
Thelos
Terenus
Delinith
Skarain
Officer High Morale
siegmund
Rae Wulfgnar
Reynar / Raviran
Littlepip
Samian/Bismack
Lavian
erwtenpeller
Lexgrad
Izzifix
Rashka
Ixirar
Vardrek/Burgen
Garrett
Davnan
Drustai
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Sanara
Bradley
Helmut
37 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Statement by the Kingdom of Stormwind - Page 4 Empty Re: Statement by the Kingdom of Stormwind

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:32 pm

The thing with that is--- Who are we to say they can't have dragons in character? Having a dragon is not breaking character or something, and neither is jumping off one to slaughter someone and hopping back up to take to the skies.

We hold role-playing to a much higher standard then the realm rules intend for us to do. I think.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Statement by the Kingdom of Stormwind - Page 4 Empty Re: Statement by the Kingdom of Stormwind

Post by Coppersocket Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Feral / Blackfall wrote:I really wish Blizz would go back to the days of enforcing IC--I don't need my trade district to be IC, but it'd be nice if the ten-dragon uber Horde hit squad could not find RPers magically with 100% accuracy all the time Wink
You really wish blizz would go back to something they never did?
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by CrusaderElly Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Being in one of those pvp guilds, I find that indeed there isn't a lot of fun in fighting aboc. They'll hide, go away, fly up, and wait until we get bored, then return to kill the rp'ers purely because.. I don't know, that's what they do?

Now me being quite a bit into pvp I love smacking some horde ass every now and then, and I'll even interrupt rp for it if the horde comes knocking on the door, but.. When you've been doing arenas and ganking/farming all day long, and you log on at 11pm wanting some chill, relaxed rp. When the horde comes and wipes, or wipes you, and they come again, and again, and again, and again.. That's where I say: no thanks.

But that's just me of course!

As for taking horde IC: I guess I'm too strict on rp. During campaigns, with horde rp guilds, hell yes! When an army of dragon-riding, giant-shouldered superhordes arrives in the middle of Stormwind out of the blue, finding exactly who they want to find then dissapearing again and repeating the process several times, I don't take that IC. It doesn't help that most of my characters are whimps IC, haha!

I fully understand why the Cartel chose to return to Stormwind, it's a real shame but what can you do (other than moving to AD, let's not do that!). And well, even if I didn't agree with it, it's still their decision.
CrusaderElly
CrusaderElly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:43 pm

Gear up, man up, take out their healers and kill the rest, because they're easy to down without healers (from personal experience). Or if Failum calls out the entire guild to gank people, use the invisibility potion (not the lesser one) to hide, run a far enough distance and HS (12 sec cast) or mount up (1.5-2 sec cast) to change area through a tactical retreat.
Nothing irritates Failum and his cronies more than losing, either track of their intended prey, or to the intended prey (also personal experience).
Now, before you start to bash me for "missing out" the point that most RP'ers aren't fighters... I know that already, and also true, not everyone has the time or energy to gear up, or they just feel that they'll miss out on RP if they actually bother to gear up. That is exactly why you are targetted, and will keep getting targetted until you do something about it, as CHANGE. Make it a standard guild praxis to provide some form of gear (crafted PvP gear or help them farm honourgear, it goes fast enough), have some IC exercises with duels (it does help, believe me) and before you know it, your fellow RP guildmembers can actually fight back, becoming RP-PvP'ers. Bonuspoints for having groupchat to coordinate the counterstrike.

Now, before any of you comes with anything counterproductive, like...
"OMFG, that unrated noob again?! Piss off Cid!"

... do note that DRS, TTH and now CoKM has been fighting these things for years, and won most of the time. Sure, we've taken our fair share of beatings as we are not a pure PvP guild, but we have prevailed in the long run for our ability to work together as ONE. We know our abilities, when we can or cannot beat an enemy and act accordingly by that, as well as trusting one another to do their jobs properly. In short, we have experience of PvP in a whole different way than the arenafighters has.
We don't go for ratings because well, ratings are just imaginary numbers. We do stuff because it be fun, both to learn how to fight and for being together when doing things. We go for the entertainment in things, it be fun to do progress together, no matter if noob or elite, just as long as we have a good company.

This is however also why many of us has left this forum since some time back, because this forum has become an unhealthy, infected place containing attitudes as shown with the earlier example. It just isn't enjoyable to be around here when a growing part of the populace acts just as bad as the actual problem around the server (if not worse at times) in terms of trolling and flaming, personal attacks and so on... On a forum claiming to be for the RP'ers when it more and more looks like a troll breeding zone.

For those who are to bash this post, or me at this point of time:
Don't bother, as I won't be here to read it. What a Face 

I just wish to leave behind this last bit of tactical advice before heading off:
Use the games' various aspects to your advantage, gear, terrain, professions, everything, Krogon has a pretty good idea of what I mean by that (Dread Wastes, remember? Wink ). Avoid stagnation from being a one-trick pony to surprise your foes and win, if not an "physical" victory through PvP, then at least by mentally outmanouvering your enemies and shaming them that way. That hurts them more than actually defeating them in PvP. Laugh at them failing (failing vs RP'ers is VERY disencouraging for potential continuation), don't whine at them winning (that's just encouraging them to continue ganking your ass hindquarters). I just tell you lot what you CAN do to survive RP'ing out in the contested areas... IF you care to do so.

Work smart. Work together. Prevail!

Trials come in many forms, gankers are just one of them. But hell no if I let a ganker, much less a bunch of them, to stop me from having RP, fun with my friends or limiting our experience in an MMO-RPG. I am an RP-PvP'er, through and true.
Laugh at me and my lack of achievements all you may, but I have yet to see you lot succeed better at handling them gankers than we Dwarves have over the years. You lot panic a bit, write angry notes here on the forum that gankers gloat over, and hide behind the blueshield like AD-people do. If that's your way, your ONLY way, of "combating" gankers... just move to AD already. Don't bother staying here if you cannot handle it. True, this realm is an RP realm, but also a PvP realm: if you cannot defend yourself or working together with your guildmates and fellow RP'ers against the big bad ganker who abuse the PvP-part of the realm, then you really shouldn't be here.

I am NOT saying that RP'ers aren't welcome to the Defias Brotherhood server, quite the contrary, they are most welcome. I am just saying that they ought to at least be PREPARED properly for a fight if they are RP'ing outside the cities. It doesn't hurt them to be able to fight, if even a little. But if you are content with hiding behind walls like a prisoner without ever sticking your nose outside the bluezones, too afraid to grab your freedom... Just go to AD.

I'll tell you what really stops you though:
Fear of change. You haven't changed your ways for so long, that your bowels work overtime when they hear that word. Because if you lot don't change, the gankers won't change, which leads to the fact that the current situation will NEVER change. YOU need to change on how YOU lot act, if YOU ever want this realm to prosper again, RP-wise and more!

Cheerio
Cid, from the Clans of Khaz Modan.

PS.
I'm still not around if/when you decide to flame this post, come at me ingame if you've got issues with what I write. I'll happily put a spamreport on you if it isn't constructive feedback. Toodles! What a Face
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:13 pm

Apart from the obvious misinformation, your biggest mistake this time was the hearthstone cast, its ten seconds. Not twelve.

The more you know.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kadnir Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:20 pm

Clara Dawson wrote:Apart from the obvious misinformation, your biggest mistake this time was the hearthstone cast, its ten seconds. Not twelve.

The more you know.

Aye, that error really made the rest of his 1034 words completely useless and unimportant, what a n00b!  What a Face
CAUTION: EXTREME IRONY DETECTED IN THIS AREA
Kadnir
Kadnir

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:25 pm

Kadnir wrote:
Clara Dawson wrote:Apart from the obvious misinformation, your biggest mistake this time was the hearthstone cast, its ten seconds. Not twelve.

The more you know.

Aye, that error really made the rest of his 1034 words completely useless and unimportant, what a n00b!  What a Face
CAUTION: EXTREME IRONY DETECTED IN THIS AREA

Exactly! I'm glad we agree!
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:13 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:The thing with that is--- Who are we to say they can't have dragons in character?

You're absolutely right and that's the problem the GMs face. They can't decide, as I mentioned, who is IC and who is not. But WE know that ABOC is not IC. They aren't there to RP, they're there to kill RPers. It's probably the biggest single issue in all of this, tbh.

PS - While Cid's points may be valid, I disagree with "what stops us." We just aren't there to PvP and don't want to spend the time doing it. It's really that simple; if I wanted to only PvP I'd go back to my other realm. This isn't meant as hostile, just a sort of observation. I also don't think most of the RP guilds are actually large enough to combat ABOC, sadly.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:18 pm

During Cataclysm we got them banned at some point though. Can't do anything about ganking, even if it borders on harassment... But when they start trolling you in blueshield by spamming items, that's when it becomes a bannable offense.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:21 pm

Yeah, though it hugely depends on the GM you get, unfortunately.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Táo Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:28 pm

Feral / Blackfall wrote:Yeah, though it hugely depends on the GM you get, unfortunately.

^^ This.....
Táo
Táo

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4