Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Statement by the Kingdom of Stormwind

+33
Coppersocket
Chrystan
Tantzui
Brigs Morgan
Feral / Blackfall
Amaryl
Allonia_Miral
Eldiros
Beladon
Thelos
Terenus
Delinith
Skarain
Officer High Morale
siegmund
Rae Wulfgnar
Reynar / Raviran
Littlepip
Samian/Bismack
Lavian
erwtenpeller
Lexgrad
Izzifix
Rashka
Ixirar
Vardrek/Burgen
Garrett
Davnan
Drustai
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Sanara
Bradley
Helmut
37 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Statement by the Kingdom of Stormwind - Page 3 Empty Re: Statement by the Kingdom of Stormwind

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:13 pm

Terenus wrote:when you're too afraid to actually gear up and fight back.
PvP is super cereal business u guis.

Back to top Go down

Statement by the Kingdom of Stormwind - Page 3 Empty Re: Statement by the Kingdom of Stormwind

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Samian/Bismack wrote:Stop going out of the way yo miss the point disciples, grievers are grievers and they are cunts for it. The tiny RP community left on DB hardly need encouragement to transfer to AD.

No, we just need Aboc to do that, if we don't change our mentality towards them and Rp-PvP, cus lets face it when the Rp'ers got up and fought Aboc we did well, though their was some who refused to take part in helping the community. Then it was decided that we shall /blueshield and hide in the safe territories and Aboc will dissappear, what a master plan that was.

If you want these things to be less of a problem, then the server as a whole needs to be prepared to solve those problems rather than hide from them.

Besides the point wasn't missed The Forlorn Cartel moved out of the Misty Isle because of Abocs incursions that's what we got from what was written, what me and Terenus are merely saying is that if you want to Roleplay in these zones then you must be prepared to use the mechanics of the game to resolve the situation and even use the situation to create roleplay from it, we've also said that they can ask for help im sure plenty of people would come help PvP'er, Rp'er or Rp-PvP'er.

Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:24 pm

Besides the point wasn't missed The Forlorn Cartel moved out of the Misty Isle because of Abocs incursions that's what we got from what was written,

Did you miss the point where Bradley said that even IC, the Cartel is still unable to beat them back, and as such, telling them to take it IC means they can't ever gear up and fight back because ICly the Cartel isn't able to do that?

Jesus christ you guys just want to nag. Yeah you should be prepared for PVP if you go to contested zones but that doesn't mean you should force people into contested zones just for the sake of PVP.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Hence why it was also pointed out that they can ask for help from people, you appear to have missed the point.

Ixirar wrote:but that doesn't mean you should force people into contested zones just for the sake of PVP.

Ehrm, this is factually untrue, no-one has been forced out into the contested zones for the sake of PvP. <_<

Last edited by Vardrek/Burgen on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:30 pm

The point is that you two are being insufferable whiners because the Cartel made the call to not RP in Dustwallow. Where they RP is their business, not yours, and they didn't whine anywhere about ABOC untill people started complaining that they went back to safe zones.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:34 pm

No one is complaining or whining, we're just saying that they could have resided on the Misty Isle if they had asked for help/PvP geared up to handle the situation.

Also you seem to just be jumping in here for the sake of an argument rather than having a point, no one here is telling them where they should Roleplay, you're making that up yourself to be flamebait.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:53 pm

I just find it a shame when RP is driven back to the cities. It feels restrictive Sad

Though my offer still stands, if you're outwith the city getting ganked, give us a shout and we'll come help out (unless stuck in an event or something)
Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:08 pm

ABOC, this is all I have to say to you...

Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Lol the Cartel went there because they were exiled. I don't think that means they can call for IC help from the Alliance military that wanted them killed at the time. They were beaten and retreated, aka taking it IC like everyone wants them to do.

And they never even complained about it.

But I guess everyone should just transfer to another server anyway.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:29 pm

Terenus wrote:Honestly, if you joined an RP-PVP server expecting only RP, you're an idiot.

I suspect you haven't RPed in DB before guilds like Goons and AboC emerged.
During the days when W-PvP and actual RPPvP was beautiful and pure.

'Tis a shame.
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:31 pm

Reynar / Raviran wrote:
Terenus wrote:Honestly, if you joined an RP-PVP server expecting only RP, you're an idiot.

'Tis a shame.

Realmwalkers.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:41 pm

Oh lawd....the broomstick of Xarwy O_O
Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:48 pm

Ah the good old days when Vook was camping Goldshire. How the fuck can you camp goldshire you ask? because RP-guilds forced /pvp back then. >.>

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Terenus Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Reynar / Raviran wrote:

'Tis a shame.
I've been on the server since vanilla. I remember guilds like Realmwalkers.
Terenus
Terenus

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:39 pm

My own take on Rp-PvP:

I rolled RP-PvP when the realm description explained that it was for added immersion, being able to be attacked anywhere. At the time (and officially still by rules), you are always IC, at all times, everywhere.  Back when even levelling was pretty IC--I found that fun. Levelling as a tiny night elf, getting beat down by a 70 geared orc in TBC who then laughed and rode off on his wolf. It was great. Always IC. Practically, this is no longer the case.

The reason GMs can't actually enforce anything is that it's not up to them to decide whether ABOC is "IC" or not. That doesn't change the fact that they aren't, that they deliberately find and focus RP groups, that not all RPers who joined for the thrill of occasional random IC PvP want to stop EVERY RP EVENT THEY DO in ANY contested territory to fight PvPers who drop down with Time Warp and full buffs.

CAN you beat them? Sure. One on one Aboc members don't seem great, and with an organized group on voice they're nothing.

Do RPers mind PvP now and then? No. I don't think anyone cares even on an event if your group gets wiped once or has to break out of IC to fight for ten minutes.

Does it become bloody intolerable and exceedingly frustrating when -any- RP event outside blueshield territory is constantly camped by a prepared PvP guild? You bet your ass.

Point being, if it was truly random IC WPvP, fine, this is an RP realm and -always ic- was the initial description. But for those who now have to deal more with constant PvP griefing when they just want some damn RP, saying "gear up and fight back" is like saying "go get your mountain-climbing gear and a proper rappelling rope and practice in ffs, if you wanted that picnic in the hills it HAS to be on top of the mountain." Some of us just want some goddamn strawberries.

(I'd like to add that I ran a WPvP guild on another realm for about four years. This what you have here isn't WPvP. WPvP is two guilds ENJOYING beating the everloving crap out of each other, yeah there may be some bad feeling at times but both groups are still there FOR the fun of PvP. These guys get their kicks not out of fighting, but out of disrupting another group's OTHER type of fun. It doesn't actually even bother me that much, it's just bad form imo.)
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigs Morgan Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:07 am

I barely have time to RP let alone gear myself to fight a bunch of campers while they're busy ganking me and cumming their 4 week old shit stained pants. I couldn't give a fuck who exiled me ICly, i would come running back to dat sweet blue shield. The DB community is too small to spread out all over the place anyway IMO. Can't blame the cartel for coming back if their RP is getting ruined and becoming stressful.

Stay close. Stay safe, Stay gangsta nugga.
Brigs Morgan
Brigs Morgan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Huh could have sworn there was a long post here just a second ago. Welp I least hope they don't let flying mounts be a thing in WoD.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Have we learned nothing?!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Razz

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:54 pm

Aw Amaryl your trolling so funny.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:08 pm

But it was the solution! Man, the Community Solution! And oh how it worked!

I'm just saying, this discussion is ultimately pointless; and we should just let people do whatever they find the most enjoyable, and not attempt to make others conform to Our way of playing. Rather just Coexist with different ways of playing the game. and that includes Aboc.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantzui Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:29 pm

Have you asked other WPvP guilds to help you when Aboc's are camping you? Just wondering. Very Happy
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystan Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:05 pm

This argument has been gone over and over, time and time again since week one of the server.

If you have PvP in a game you get asshats, I know, because to be honest, I have been one in the past, well before the days of WoW. I can remember people crying about PK'ers in Ultima Online FFS! Nothing has, and nothing will, change. Difference was in UO I was the other side of the fence, I enjoyed seeing the crying and the whining and therefore I know what makes ABoC tick. More you whine, the more you complain, the more you come up with 'ideas' to stop them, more they enjoy it. I don't do it anymore because I quite honestly got bored and got more involved with RP, though I am certainly not a carebear RP'er.

There is no grand solution, nothing anyone can say to make you feel better, to some it seems unfair, to some it's part of life on a PvP server, even a RPPvP server.

The best solution with this, and it's not much of one, is to fight fire with even hotter fire, get in touch with a strong PvP guild who will stay near your event, if ABoC turn up, they get into the fight. It may mean your event isn't what you really wanted, but there is nothing you, or anyone can do about that.

As long as PvP exists, people like ABoC will exist, can argue all we want whether it's fair or not, but that is a simple fact of online gaming.
Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:08 pm

Chrystan wrote:This argument has been gone over and over, time and time again since week one of the server.

If you have PvP in a game you get asshats, I know, because to be honest, I have been one in the past, well before the days of WoW. I can remember people crying about PK'ers in Ultima Online FFS! Nothing has, and nothing will, change.  Difference was in UO I was the other side of the fence, I enjoyed seeing the crying and the whining and therefore I know what makes ABoC tick. More you whine, the more you complain, the more you come up with 'ideas' to stop them, more they enjoy it. I don't do it anymore because I quite honestly got bored and got more involved with RP, though I am certainly not a carebear RP'er.

There is no grand solution, nothing anyone can say to make you feel better, to some it seems unfair, to some it's part of life on a PvP server, even a RPPvP server.

The best solution with this, and it's not much of one, is to fight fire with even hotter fire, get in touch with a strong PvP guild who will stay near your event, if ABoC turn up, they get into the fight. It may mean your event isn't what you really wanted, but there is nothing you, or anyone can do about that.

As long as PvP exists, people like ABoC will exist, can argue all we want whether it's fair or not, but that is a simple fact of online gaming.

A wild ghost appears.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystan Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:50 pm

A Wild Ghost who has somehow decided resubbing to WoW is a good idea.

Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:26 pm

Tantzui wrote:Have you asked other WPvP guilds to help you when Aboc's are camping you? Just wondering. Very Happy

While you're probably asking Cartel, I'll just respond that it's been done. The problem with Aboc (well one of many), and which any RPer here can attest to, is that they will not fight evenly. If a WPvP guild lands, they fly off. Then they linger until the PvP guild leaves. It basically amounts to babysitting on behalf of the WPvP guild, which isn't fun for them. Again it all boils down to, "is not fun, ty Aboc." Dominion recently transferred the core of their guild to Alliance to fight them, but Aboc just isn't a good fight, and runs away. They've mostly gone back to Horde now I believe.

I really wish Blizz would go back to the days of enforcing IC--I don't need my trade district to be IC, but it'd be nice if the ten-dragon uber Horde hit squad could not find RPers magically with 100% accuracy all the time Wink
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next