Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demon Hunter roleplay?

+13
Urièl
Coppersocket
Thelos
Ralegh
Helmut
erwtenpeller
Feral / Blackfall
Skarain
Ixirar
Sanara
Izzifix
Krogon Devilstep
thedude
17 posters

Go down

Demon Hunter roleplay? Empty Demon Hunter roleplay?

Post by thedude Mon May 26, 2014 6:27 pm

Just want your guys, and girls, opinion on this. Would it be possible? Why, why not? Would it be boring?
Discuss!  Laughing
thedude
thedude

Back to top Go down

Demon Hunter roleplay? Empty Re: Demon Hunter roleplay?

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon May 26, 2014 6:33 pm

It would be possible. But extremely limited as well as demanding. probably the hardest of the 'hero classess' to pull off well.

If you can manage it though, kudos to you. but its not for the feint hearted.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Mon May 26, 2014 7:17 pm

There is one challenge that any who'd want to try it have to overcome:
Why does your demon hunter interact with other players rp characters? In what situations does he/she do that?

Roleplay can't exist without interaction. Demon hunters, however, are pretty much one-man armies devoted to fight the Burning Legion, and from what I understand not very social.

Edit:
And well, buying a beer at the Pig and Whistle doesn't really kill demons.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon May 26, 2014 7:52 pm

Dwyburn wrote:buying a beer at the Pig and Whistle doesn't really kill demons.

Only the very specific ones that live in your head.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon May 26, 2014 7:55 pm

In the case of Demon Hunters. If you need to ask for permission, you're not one of the few (if any) people who can pull it off.

My advice? Don't play demon hunters. You can make a just as interesting character that isn't a demon hunter. Bonus point? You won't annoy the hell out of people with your mary sue char (that's how most demon hunters turn out)
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon May 26, 2014 8:02 pm

Agreed by the above. Demon Hunters often walk a lonely path and are just as powerful as a 2nd gen. Death Knight (very). They are just as (if not more) disliked as Warlocks, for using Fel magic. Such a concept can be challenging to pull off, but some might just enjoy the challenge. It is still a path one should be cautious to tread.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue May 27, 2014 1:08 am

Would it be possible? Sure.

Why? Well, they exist! I've seen a couple RP'd. Some not well, some better. Use your common sense, know the lore, and play the role instead of playing it for the IC power, and you're good to go.

Would it be boring? Depends on what you find fun. If you don't mind wandering the world solo, maybe offering plots & DM'd events to other guilds to have them help you against demons when your char knows they need help (i.e. using the character to create RP for others rather than to 'be the badass') you might get a LOT out of it. If you find heavy social RP more your thing, you'll find it boring, since there's no reason for a demon hunter to really do that. Unless, of course, they're fishing for information and REALLY, truly, hide their identity at the time (i.e. if you come across as a simple, weak, blind hooded hobo).

I don't mind anything RP'd as long as it's done well. Want to RP a demon hunter, or a dragon in disguise? If you know the lore and you don't break immersion, try it out, go for it. I've RP'd with a couple characters that I had an inkling -might- be a dragon in disguise, for example, and that was fun, well-rp'd-out, and exciting. It was nothing like those "I am a dragon and I have a dragon name and a dragon minipet but I am in this Stormwind tavern having a beer" characters. I still have no idea if they were real dragons O_O

I've run into a blood elf demon hunter in the middle of nowhere on more than one occasion, and it was quite fun to RP out, and to RP with him in general. ...Come to think of it, the first time I met him, I do believe he was disguised as a simple, weak, blind hooded hobo. Who made -very- bad soup, as he couldn't read the ingredients on the bottles... xD

TL;DR? If it's fun for you and others, give it a shot!
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 27, 2014 7:19 am

Advice time! I will give some too!

Get a blindfold. Get some enchanted weapons. Be all edgy and cool without ever actually calling yourself a demon hunter. Problem solved.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Tue May 27, 2014 9:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Tue May 27, 2014 9:16 am

erwtenpeller wrote:Advice time! I will give some too!

Get a blindfold. Get some enchanted weapons. Be all edgy and cool without ever actually calling yourself a demon hunter. Problem solved.
That! Or go for the one without all the props and just hunt the fuck out of some some demons. I mean calling yourself a demon hunter should be based on the amount of demons you hunt! Not a boner for glaives and blindfolds.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue May 27, 2014 10:14 am

Demonology warlocks got some pretty gnarly stuff for demon hunting, too, like those rad wings and shit, leaping around like you just don't care and setting fools on fire left and right! Ah. A good life!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue May 27, 2014 2:58 pm

Well, the only Demon hunter to sprout wings (That I'm aware of) is Illidan. I have this feeling some people forget that he was a very special case when it came to this due to the gul'dan stuff and all that.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Urièl Wed May 28, 2014 12:58 am

"...Come to think of it, the first time I met him, I do believe he was disguised as a simple, weak, blind hooded hobo. Who made -very- bad soup, as he couldn't read the ingredients on the bottles... xD"

or was it a ghost !!!??? [creepy music starts]
Urièl
Urièl

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed May 28, 2014 7:47 am

Coppersocket wrote:Well, the only Demon hunter to sprout wings (That I'm aware of) is Illidan. I have this feeling some people forget that he was a very special case when it came to this due to the gul'dan stuff and all that.

Don't be difficult.

Wings are gnarly and you know it.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed May 28, 2014 11:07 am

Avoid strolling around Stormwind casually, have planned out plots that exist in the most remotes part of Azeroth! because that's part of the appeal of being a Demon Hunter.. you live in exile away from society and when you eventually -do- run into people, there's conflict because your characters essentially gone a little coo-coo without chatting to people who didn't rip their own eyeballs out for over.. a century, 3-4 decades?

I would advise trying to recruit like-minded individuals but stress the importance of honouring the lore and not making it a casual thing to become, Demon Hunters are The Night Elven equivalent of Death Knights, culturally.. and it still pains me to see a Death Knight in the Stormwind Guard.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexiax Wed May 28, 2014 6:53 pm

I've tried it myself, and I didn't pull it off well (Mainly because I was still learning to RP). It's challenging, trying to balance out how powerful your character is without being OP and Mary Sueish. Then, you've got to add the fact that you can't just randomly RP in Stormwind, and your RP will usually have to revolve around events or random RP that you just happen to see in the wilds (Most likely around places where demons are).

It's fun at first, but slowly looses it's quality as your trying to RP a very solitary character who's unsociable. It's not good, as it doesn't encourage RP in my opinion, instead neglecting it in a way.

My advise? Unless your absolutely sure this is what you want to do, don't do it. Indtead, RP something similar, like someone who hunts demons using melee weapons and spellwork. However, if you do choose to RP as one, join a good guild (preferably a demon hunting one) and do regular events with them or randoms, who you can potentially find through LFRP and other channels.
Nexiax
Nexiax

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed May 28, 2014 8:14 pm

You won't get much social RP in cities as it doesn't make too much sense BUT...

Why not make a Demon Hunter whom believes his ways are outdated and seeks to recruit hunters of a different sought. He sets up a 'guild' to train and teach people to fight demons without the need for self-sacrifice.

Or just play a Demon Slayer Wink
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Urièl Thu May 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Or just play a Demon Slayer ---> wise words imo

I ll try give you some hints coming from my own exp,even If I dont really rp a traditional one.

-Do not start as an already well trained one,its boreing,you ll find yourself killing npc in the outlands most of times,the journey under a "shan'do",a master,able to teach you the basis even before you attend the trials is definetly more fun and makes the really few rewards you ll get more appreciated.
-Read a lot about it,and figure out if it is jsut cause of the wargliaves and blindfold or for the lore itself you want to approach that "class",cause again you may find it boreing and imo theres not a way back after you start walking the path.
-I personally havent picked a traditional one,my char(only char I rp with atm) gone through plots lasting months before leaving what he was doing,another entire dedicated one jsut for the eyes,and so on,my suggestion is take it slow (you may,for example,be wanting the eyes jsut to track demon/undead kin ,as an intrument of power,depending on how you rp your char in general ofc it will change)
-If you play a traditional one,be ready to gtfo asap some guard or noble institution representant suggests you to....youve no rights,and the last thing you want is the attention of those (imo).
-For a "real" one I suggest you the race of Night elf,blood elfs are viable but just not like night elves,and even if blood elves I once again suggest you to ask if theres a kaldorei around able to act like a sort of "sensei" to you.
-ABout gear,I m with the half naked usual look for traditional one,but if instead your more about Slaying them...id say any class/race combo is ok,transmog will tell a lot about what you are and pretty much both mail/leather/cloth/plate has nice pieces to do the job.

Hope it helps,sorry for my grammar,and fight fire with fire!
Urièl
Urièl

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:24 am

Could always just RP an Actual Demon Hunter..AKA not the standard elf emos.Ummm just do what I did.Call yourself a demon hunter and go and find something big that bleeds green...then fight it.But be warned often some unforeseen side effects.

<edit>
As ironic and stupid as it sounds... don't count on help from holy orders.You know the ones who are sworn to actually hunt down cults <coughs> <coughs>
Also seek out Palara who seeks to sooth a guilty conscience.She'll really want to help kill a demon

Last edited by Ara on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : hmmm)
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:08 am

Urièl wrote:"...Come to think of it, the first time I met him, I do believe he was disguised as a simple, weak, blind hooded hobo. Who made -very- bad soup, as he couldn't read the ingredients on the bottles... xD"

or was it a ghost !!!??? [creepy music starts]

OooooOOOOoooOoooo....
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down