Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] the slave trade

+2
Skarain
Valkirin/Cass
6 posters

Go down

[A] the slave trade Empty [A] the slave trade

Post by Valkirin/Cass Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:49 am

Ok so i put this in the wrong section earlier so here is my re-post.. Im looking for up to 3 adventurous people willing to play slaves for well Trading at the next Blackrock mountain naughty people meeting event.

Slave wise its up to you as you can be a gladiator type slave or a regular labour slave.

If your interested whisper cassianda or valkirin or just do the mailbox thing.

P.s if it is workable any horde people willing to do the same ill accept you to...

Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

[A] the slave trade Empty Re: [A] the slave trade

Post by Skarain Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:11 am

Do you seek:

-"temporary character" slaves, simply to play a role in the scenery to be traded and afterwards act as NPC's property, like someone would own a a house, dog or other things that will in the future be controlled by the buyer?

-"active character" slaves, actual Player characters that might be Mains or Alts and but regardless are regularly roleplayed by a person.

Both?
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkirin/Cass Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:17 am

Mainly temporary character cause i doubt people will wanna be a slave all the time.. But if someone would like to make an active salve for it and be sold to some shifty character that would be good.

So yeah both.
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:24 am

Gladiator slave got something for it if there are more of them though.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkirin/Cass Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:31 am

If i get more than one gladiator slave i will make be making em demonstrating there fighting skills considering the layout of the blackrock place as I've never been yet but will reece it tonite see if theres space for it. Plus ill need to look out gladiator looking armour to.
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:15 pm

Gerard/Gramot at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:What would the slaves have to RP with overall? Sounds pretty boring to play tbh, maybe a DM rather?
Roleplaying a slave is just as interesting as you make it to be. Any concept can be boring or uninteresting, just as an ordinary civilian may be super-exciting and rewarding roleplaying experience. A slave can be roleplayed out as a servant, gladiator or something entirely else. What all slaves do have in common is the lack of power over themselves, and roleplaying one requires an active master/environment where the character is thrown at. Belonging into a great guild will bring you lots and lots of roleplaying, and since you have to bend to their will in risk of being punished, it can create very interesting roleplaying.

In the end, it can be interesting, but it falls on personal preference. Some might enjoy playing such a character, while some does not.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkirin/Cass Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:05 pm

Yeah its pretty much as you make it.. I will be giving slight freedoms you can be as submissive or defiant as you wish but realise there will be punishment etcetera.. As for gladiators as before mentioned ill be pitting you against one another as a standing gladiator is not a worth while gladiator.. Everyone likes a good fight.
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:46 pm

Skarain wrote:
Gerard/Gramot at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:What would the slaves have to RP with overall? Sounds pretty boring to play tbh, maybe a DM rather?
Roleplaying a slave is just as interesting as you make it to be. Any concept can be boring or uninteresting, just as an ordinary civilian may be super-exciting and rewarding roleplaying experience. A slave can be roleplayed out as a servant, gladiator or something entirely else. What all slaves do have in common is the lack of power over themselves, and roleplaying one requires an active master/environment where the character is thrown at. Belonging into a great guild will bring you lots and lots of roleplaying, and since you have to bend to their will in risk of being punished, it can create very interesting roleplaying.

In the end, it can be interesting, but it falls on personal preference. Some might enjoy playing such a character, while some does not.

This. So much this. I played a character as a slave and servant for two years and it's the most interesting roleplay I've had in a long time - the reactions of people, the kind of people who want to save them, so on and so forth. They're people. They're not slaves.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Timna wrote:They're people. They're not slaves.

Perhaps more appropriately, "They are still people, not just slaves". There's quite a bit of this in SWTOR (since the Empire and the Hutts are very slave-happy) and the people I've played with certainly seem to be having fun with it - for my part the most fun is the characters who don't see anything wrong with slavery in their society, which I suppose would only be true of Goblins in WoW?
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Peons are slaves I think, also gladiator slaves is not unheard of in Orcish culture, referring to the comics about Varian Wrynn here.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:23 pm

Charlie Blazesong wrote:Peons are slaves I think, also gladiator slaves is not unheard of in Orcish culture, referring to the comics about Varian Wrynn here.

Gladiator slaves true, kinda forgot about those comics. Willfully.

As for Peons they used to be a slave caste, but Thrall allegedly took steps to make them more equal. I say "allegedly" because we don't really see much of the Peons that isn't hard labour and frequent beatings.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:50 pm

This sounds like fun Twisted Evil 

I played a bit with the idea of two slave-gladiator houses/schools/teams, Spartacus-style, running a high-risk(being open to sudden decapitation being an absolute requirement) fighting league, with regular fight events at suitable locations (think the various rings of blood, inside the maw of madness, within deep tunnels, by the emerald portal in duskwood) made accesible by IC portal magic.

Training, house vs house scheming (or perhaps school vs school sounds more right?), placing bets, living the high life after the latest victory etc between the matches... The Team Red-Team Blue(placeholder names obviously) hostility, the dream of being the best, and the pursuit of quick money would be the main driving forces behind the concept, and ideally, being on a team would be an IC equivalent of being a professional athlete irl.

Like most of those ideas, I discarded it, due to it requiring more reliability online than I can boast of myself these days, but well, gladiators are cool.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkirin/Cass Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:13 am

Well theres one willing participant so far... Just a few more hehe.

Yeah I was thinking spartacus the entire time i thought of gladiators would be funny my char being called domina mwahahaha!!!
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:54 pm

I did have a gladiator thing I wanted to do earlier but I never got around to it, perhaps it is time to visit the idea again?
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkirin/Cass Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:05 pm

Yeah i like the idea of gladiators.. A kinda underground thing.. Bit of gambling etc oh and to the death ofc.
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkirin/Cass Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:49 pm

Well back to 0 slaves for tradeing unfortunatly will scrap idea of trade this time around... Unless some people come forward willin to be sold to unscrupulous characters.
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:51 am

Don't feel bad, not everything will work out. I think Thelos would be able to write you an essay about how and why that is, I won't. I'll say this though: Learn.

Why didn't your idea take flight this time? What did you do to support it? How did you introduce others you wanted to join you to the idea? How did you RP with your one  slave while it lasted?

If you can figure out at least a couple of those, you'll be in a better position to run an eventual future concept you might come up with.

As a final note, I'll leave you with this small lesson:
1 new RPer joining your concept is worth 50 alts of people on this website doing so. A RP concept, is only as resiliant as its number of mains(or better "onlys"). The number of regulars(thus 1 main>100 alts) is a very good indicator of your "max level of activity".

But how do you aquire a new RPer(TM), or a main(TM)?
1. Ingame activity/presence. If people see you, and get curious, that's half a sale. If your gang even looks as if it's having fun, regularly, you won't need much advertising at all.
2. Recruitment other places than defiasrp. Defiasrp.com is great for inter-guild communication, making plotlines/events public etc. It's horrible for recruitment. Battlenet, Trade channel (don't go too far there), whispering(but NOT g-inviting) guildless players, asking if they're RPers or curious about RP, then eventually asking if they're interested in Your Thing(TM) each of those are more effective.
3. Tenacity. Don't give up too easily. Starting things take time, if you like your idea enough, give it time.
4. Be a fun, inviting player. A lot of people miss some actual friendliness in this game. Someone bothering to take an interest. A friendly enviroment where people bother greeting one another and asking "how are you?" is a lot more engaging to be a part of.
5. Have fun yourself. Fun is contagious.

Now, you can have a high max level of activity, and still have low activity, either due to a low level of RP initiative empowerment among the members (leavng them with "leader's gone today, now wtf do I do?" instead of getting some people together and just starting having fun) or lacking leadership. Let's not go further into that.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkirin/Cass Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:08 am

Oh no i dont feel bad and i will not give up, im looking at it as another two weeks of preperation for next time round. And thanks for the info there, usefull stuff.
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down