Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Drug Trade

3 posters

Go down

The Drug Trade Empty The Drug Trade

Post by Feydor Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:51 am

The Drug Trade Bluere10
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An old ragged newspaper cutting

Danger on the streets of Stormwind!
A special Waterfront Article by Marcus Sandison

Dear citizens of Stormwind, what is this city coming to? As I write this article I have confined myself to the relatively safe solitude of my own home, in fear of going out on the streets. Under our very feet, the criminal underworld have been scheming and have produced yet another threat to our society. What am I talking about you may ask? The new disgusting drug-trade! You may have seen some of them yourself, shady scum-bag looking figures out on street corners, offering "mind-blowing pleasures" for a fee.

But I am here to warn you, good citizens, do not fall for these tricks. As one street beggar told me, "My uncles friend who 'appened te know a bloke called Terry took some mushroom type thing from a dealer, and he says he's never been the same since! 'E said he saw Elune an' an' he saw the Titans! I don't know whether te believe 'im though." It is clear that whatever these fiends are distributing, they aren't safe! In fact, as I dared to wander the streets while researching for this article, I came across a well respected Knight who had fallen prey to these drugs, and although he asked for his name to be withdrawn, he allowed for this statement to be released: "Something has to be done about this threat. I was approached by a man who claimed he had Druidic herbs that would help me relax after battles, alas now I can not survive without indulging in these herbs daily. It is ruining my public image and it is ruining my health! This can not go unpunished."

However, a question that remains is what exactly do these drugs contain? Many alchemists and herbalists I spoke to were bewildered, however I did come across the famous Gnome alchemist Wilfred Whizzlebang who took the time to enlighten me on these drugs. "There is no doubt that great effort has been put into these dangerous delights! The potency levels in some of these herbs are off the Trip-o-meter! I do wonder where they are grown, in the wild, or in a laboratory? In addition, the pills I came across are the works of a very skilled alchemist! They contain a variety of chemicals, someone must know who created them, I am eager to meet him!" Alas Sir Whizzlebang shouldn't be so eager, when speaking to a guard captain he gave this stern message "Anyone caught possessing these drugs will be dealt with. We don't want this trade to spread any further than it already has. If you're approached by anyone offering you these substances, just say no."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: The Drug Trade is a rather uniquely ran player lore operation which has been going on for more than a year now, managed primarily by the Forlorn Cartel, and masterminded by the Doctor.
The Drug Trade Res1copy2
It has taken different forms in the past, with different dealers and lackeys but it is now pretty widely known in the criminal underworld, and even above the surface that this operation is going on. The Cartel have taken heat from the Stormwind Guard amongst other do-gooders in the past and even though the Trade has died down slightly, it will surely still be on their radar.

The Cartel wholly welcomes any interaction by others relating to the Trade, whether it be that you wish to roleplay a junkie, you're a guard who wants to give us some hassle, a dealer who wishes to spread the love or a killjoy who wants to raid our plantations!

Drugs? In my WoW? But how?!
The Drugs that we've been going on about have been created and coded using the popular roleplaying addon Gryphonheart Items, which can be found HERE
All of the drugs have vivid visual effects, onscreen messages, buffs, audio effects, non-interfering emotes describing particular changes your body experiences (sweating, shaking, pupil dilation and contraction) and also a basic addiction system which varies for each substance.

The Drug Trade 21479472

Although each drug is loosely based on an amalgamation of real life substances such as cannabis, lysergic acid, amanita muscaria amongst others, each drug has its own intricate lore, including positive and negative effects upon the body as well as some medical uses. Here at the Cartel, we've even went through the effort of describing the pharmalogical effects of the substances on your brain. Wish to find out about these effects?

Pop over to the Defias Wiki page for the drugs HERE or simply contact me ingame and I'll hook you up with a GHI book explaining it all. See Nixon, drugs can be educational!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enough with the jibber jabber Mr.Escobar, where can I get them?
The Drug Trade Pablo-escobar

Ah, I thought you'd never ask..
The drugs can be found ICly all over the Stormwind Kingdom, but more easily inside the city walls, and more specifically than that, in the Dwarven District.
The Drug Trade Locbrewery

The Drug Trade Oldbrewery

Rumour has it on the streets that the Cartel tend to hang out in the vicinity of the Old Brewery. In even more underworld circles, wild stories can be heard about the Den, located near by, where many a late night drug fuelled party has occurred, with no limits to it's decadence.
The Drug Trade TheDen

But as always, if you wish to get involved, just whisper any member of the Cartel, and we'll be more than happy to point you in the right direction, and make some profit in the process.

And if you've made it this far, you're clearly dedicated to the cause of getting royally blitzkrieged, so make sure you're prepared for it, with the Doc's Finestâ„¢
The Drug Trade TheDocAdvertcopy
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

The Drug Trade Empty Re: The Drug Trade

Post by Bradley Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:01 am

Right. This needs a bump, and perhaps even a different section. So great.
Bradley
Bradley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Possibly aye. Villains and Outlaws section are quite much empty. There isn't that much criminal activity, or what there is goes by another channels than this sub-forum.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down