Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Drug Trade!

+5
Zhakiri
Gogol
Valerias
Geldar
Feydor
9 posters

Go down

The Drug Trade! Empty The Drug Trade!

Post by Feydor Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Danger on the streets of Stormwind!
A special Waterfront Article by Marcus Sandison

Dear citizens of Stormwind, what is this city coming to? As I write this article I have confined myself to the relatively safe solitude of my own home, in fear of going out on the streets. Under our very feet, the criminal underworld have been scheming and have produced yet another threat to our society. What am I talking about you may ask? The new disgusting drug-trade! You may have seen some of them yourself, shady scum-bag looking figures out on street corners, offering "mind-blowing pleasures" for a fee.

But I am here to warn you, good citizens, do not fall for these tricks. As one street beggar told me, "My uncles friend who 'appened te know a bloke called Terry took some mushroom type thing from a dealer, and he says he's never been the same since! 'E said he saw Elune an' an' he saw the Titans! I don't know whether te believe 'im though." It is clear that whatever these fiends are distributing, they aren't safe! In fact, as I dared to wander the streets while researching for this article, I came across a well respected Knight who had fallen prey to these drugs, and although he asked for his name to be withdrawn, he allowed for this statement to be released: "Something has to be done about this threat. I was approached by a man who claimed he had Druidic herbs that would help me relax after battles, alas now I can not survive without indulging in these herbs daily. It is ruining my public image and it is ruining my health! This can not go unpunished."

However, a question that remains is what exactly do these drugs contain? Many alchemists and herbalists I spoke to were bewildered, however I did come across the famous Gnome alchemist Wilfred Whizzlebang who took the time to enlighten me on these drugs. "There is no doubt that great effort has been put into these dangerous delights! The potency levels in some of these herbs are off the Trip-o-meter! I do wonder where they are grown, in the wild, or in a laboratory? In addition, the pills I came across are the works of a very skilled alchemist! They contain a variety of chemicals, someone must know who created them, I am eager to meet him!" Alas Sir Whizzlebang shouldn't be so eager, when speaking to a guard captain he gave this stern message "Anyone caught possessing these drugs will be dealt with. We don't want this trade to spread any further than it already has. If you're approached by anyone offering you these substances, just say no."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC:

Greetings! Now that we are well settled, and we have organised the structure and ground work for the drug trade, we have decided to go public and advertise our drugs properly! We offer everyone to be a part of this fantastic RP opportunity, to build on what the Cartel has already created and to expand what is the finest drug trade established on this realm as of yet. The drugs are created in GHI, so for the most part that AddOn will be required for actual usage of the drug, but as I said, everyone who wishes to be involved can be.

One can get involved in a number of ways. The Trade is mainly based in the Dwarven District. You can simply be a buyer, purchasing the drugs, having a good time. If you wish, you could be a total junkie, an addiction system is already present in the drugs if you wish to follow it. In addition, the Cartel are looking for dealers! Make a profit, perhaps get high on your own supply, and form links in the criminal underworld! We may also do such things as: smuggling them in with other guilds, defending against guards. Perhaps the guards will start an investigation which eventually leads them to a climatic event at a plantation, and much more. As you can see, the possibilities are limitless and the Forlorn Cartel sincerely hopes that you can get involved in some way.

So once again, feel free to linger around the Dwarven District, or speak to any Cartel member OOC'ly for more information! In addition, you can get a sample of the drugs at Tashun's weekly boxing events!

The Drug Trade! Bluere10

Last edited by Feydor on Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

The Drug Trade! Empty Re: The Drug Trade!

Post by Geldar Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:02 pm

Very good article. And:

Perhaps the guards will start an investigation which eventually leads them to a climatic event at a plantation, and much more.

Already underway. -nod- Just need to sort some more details out and aproach a few more guilds regarding participation and we`re go!
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Excellent, thank you for taking part. Please feel free to talk to me ingame, as I have already planned plantations and labs for months now.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:33 am

Aaaawesome stuff! Expect some communication from OTS'ers, it's great to see how much you've done with this project so far.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:50 pm

What, they gona come serve Feydor and his lads some ale?
Hurrr durrr hurrrr
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Not that I know alot about the medieval drug trade...But in the setting of WoW, do you think that drugs would even be illegal? I mean, you have alchemists left, right and center selling their 'goods', that could be just as dangerous as any drug...Not to mention dodgy gnomes selling mechanical chickens, that explode!!! :O

Or is this just another stigma of the 21st century thrown into WoW?

Nevertheless, I love Feydor's drugs! They're really clever code, or whatever you do to make them! It's completely beyond me. I hope you have tons of fun with this. \o/
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:23 pm

As I see it, drugs are in WoW are banned because both of the Holy Light influence and the degradation they bring: lowlives, beggars, desperates craving for a dose, people stealing to afford stuff etc.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:27 pm

I could roll with that if the guarding units closely researched into it and came to that conclusion, thus banning certain forms of alchemy, i.e whatever these drugs contain.

But running off the mark at, DRUGS ARE BAD, just because of our knowledge of drugs being illegal etc IRL, is silly, seeing as in WoW characters rely on alchemy for most things...These drugs wouldn't be a huge leap from people's perspectives of them.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Nygarth wrote:These drugs wouldn't be a huge leap from people's perspectives of them.
And this is why marketing them as painkillers usually works out great!!! Twisted Evil
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:41 pm

Nygarth wrote:I could roll with that if the guarding units closely researched into it and came to that conclusion, thus banning certain forms of alchemy, i.e whatever these drugs contain.

But running off the mark at, DRUGS ARE BAD, just because of our knowledge of drugs being illegal etc IRL, is silly, seeing as in WoW characters rely on alchemy for most things...These drugs wouldn't be a huge leap from people's perspectives of them.

Given people reaction to our dealers, I think it makes sense to have them banned.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:43 pm

Sadly I can bet those reactions come from the unfair stigma of drugs, based on RL perceptions...Ah well, it's envitable, I guess.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:59 pm

As do a lot of things in WoW
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Still looking for people to get involved in this. Junkies, dealers, whatever!
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:43 pm

Rumour has it that one may have a chance of coming across these drugs near the Old Brewery. And now for a message from our sponsor.
The Drug Trade! TheDocAdvertcopy

Last edited by Feydor on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:57 pm

The print seems a tad modern.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:11 am

I wouldn't say that it's "too modern for WoW", just look at Engineering. Flying robot butlers, Nitro Boosts, Motorcycles, Flying Machines and a lot more. Wink

And weapons such as:
The Drug Trade! Arcani10

And:
The Drug Trade! Core_m10

With so many fancy things such a print should be quite easy to make.
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:22 pm

It all depends on how you look at it. I like to think of WoW closer to the scenes from Warcraft, where they didn't put in rockets and laserbeam canons everywhere to satisfy the kids.

There is a lot of humor in Wow.. But I think it's too often confused with how the (wow) world should look like.

EDIT: Shouldn't forget to compliment Feydor on the pic though. It made me smile Wink
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:40 pm

Yeah I agree, I try to look at it with as little modernisation as possible. It can alot of flavour to use a hand painted type look, instead of just saying you used your gnomish HAM Printer that can print 50 copies in 3 seconds. Technology in WoW i don't think would be accessable to the public anyway. But Each player has to use their own discrecian with how technology affects them but that's how I feel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:05 pm

Amazing idea! I was offered some pills the other day. The character had GHI well under control, I even heard this evel'ish laugh when he took off. I didn't take them, scared that I'd get a curse or such, that would be embarrassing. Creative idea! Good luck with it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down