Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[concept] - Stronghold based social guild

+10
Officer High Morale
Skarain
Ara
Feltrand
Nardon
Amaryl
Lavian
Eldiros
erwtenpeller
Krogon Devilstep
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[concept] - Stronghold based social guild Empty [concept] - Stronghold based social guild

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:55 pm

This is mostly just an idea turning around in my head right now, and I don't really have any specifics or particular clue of how it will all be hammered out, but... and for your consideration/opinions...

What would you all think to a guild based around building up a township? say a run down town like moonbrook, or moonbrook under a different name, was to recieve a new land owner.

What if that land owner decided to turn it from a run down dump and fix the place up? Even build a proper hold (Stronghold) in the dagger hills behind it.

With that started, said guild could use Theramore, or even Hearthglen as stand in towns until WoD arrives, and rp out building the place up as a proper township.

To summarize, I have an idea of building up a fully working town for alliance roleplayers to use, visit and develop. The full social experience where the township can take part in greater kingdom events/affairs, even have a small battalion of soldiers to contribute to World-pvp, perhaps a tavern for merceneries and aventurers to hang out in, civilians who grow crops and work a trade, and maybe even a little politics here and there.

Its just an idea so far... I even feel inspired to write story's about it, anyhow, opinions and such welcome.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

[concept] - Stronghold based social guild Empty Re: [concept] - Stronghold based social guild

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:13 pm

The Band of the Brave will follow a story-arch like that surrounding Lakeshire, and eventually on Draenor.

Of course we can't build any walls around Lakeshire. Or.. Change anything, really. But we can make it our home.

I think that there are better games suited to the role-play format you're after. Age of Conan has guild settlements, and in time there will be EverQuest Next that will allow you to build your own stuff entirely.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[concept] - Stronghold based social guild Empty Re: [concept] - Stronghold based social guild

Post by Eldiros Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:32 pm

If you would make a representation of the town of Darkshire, I can guarantee constant IC communication with my wizard's academy, who dwell in Deadwind Pass and have good ties with Darkshire. This is merely a suggestion of mine, since I would really like to see more RP in Darkshire and duskwood in general. its close enought to Stormwind to not be too iscolated and also, like I mentioned, there is the direct link to the Ordo Arcana.  Very Happy 
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:37 pm

Darkshire would make a great location, especially if shadowmoon was the location of the eventual 'hold', however it isn't in such disrepair as moonbrook and would remove the fun of construction and such.

As for trying other games, I just don't think i could face starting from scratch in a new MMO... it'd drive me mad, and I love the feel/lore of WoW far too much.

As for your plans ewrt, they sound pretty dam awesome. I know the red blades are planning to make a hold in frostfire ridge themselves over the ruins of those of the old clan red blade (wiped out for an as yet undecided reason).

Thanks for the responses!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:25 pm

It will be good finally bring Darkshire into the picture again. Escpecially now that it won't be alone and isolated, but have a neighbour, will probably be a lot of roleplay in good ties of relationships between the wizard's of deadwind and the lord of darkshire. and well, duskwood -is- a very interesting place for RP. this will probably make citizen RP very exciting with its own standards. Looking forward to this!!  Very Happy 
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:29 pm

Oh come on, man. Darkshore is the one location in all of wow that doesn't need a spotlight.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:32 am

Eldiros wrote:It will be good finally bring Darkshire into the picture again. Escpecially now that it won't be alone and isolated, but have a neighbour, will probably be a lot of roleplay in good ties of relationships between the wizard's of deadwind and the lord of darkshire. and well, duskwood -is- a very interesting place for RP. this will probably make citizen RP very exciting with its own standards. Looking forward to this!!  Very Happy 

Woah their kemosabe, you really are running away with what I said.

-Nothing- is final, and I certainly would not be RP'ing the Lord of Darkshire, oh no, these are the sort of mistakes I've learned from. I suggest you slow down some and let me get my plan together before you get your hopes up.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:42 pm

Eldiros wrote:It will be good finally bring Darkshire into the picture again. Escpecially now that it won't be alone and isolated, but have a neighbour, will probably be a lot of roleplay in good ties of relationships between the wizard's of deadwind and the lord of darkshire. and well, duskwood -is- a very interesting place for RP. this will probably make citizen RP very exciting with its own standards. Looking forward to this!!  Very Happy 

Woah woah, hold your horses now... Plus I am pretty sure people are a little bored of Darkshire now that it's been done to death and back over the years. I know you want as much involvement with your lot as you can get (Since you seem to make every second post you do about Deadwind or your lot) but chill! RP for all!
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:55 pm

fine, fine. statement is withdrawn. Exageration seems to be a common case with me lately. Sowwy
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:31 pm

TSS did this in Tyrs-hand at the beginning of the cata, its a fun experience while it lasts.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nardon Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:54 pm

I've heard of a few guilds in the past based around this idea. Especially one in Lakeshire a while back, you had people playing farmers, miners, you name it. Never was part of it but it looked pretty fun and opens up many RP possibilities I assume.

Nardon

Back to top Go down

Post by Feltrand Mon May 05, 2014 12:50 am

this sounds as a greatest plot i have ever read yet it is such a used one even if not intentionally. lots of games have this mechanics, and lately as i found myself playing Assassins Creed its like that with run down holes shining up in new light! It's a great plot. Becouse a plot of land is something that defines character, and how he takes care of it.

I think thats an uber cool idea. I think it should be done. Couse i am already imagining a stronghold and how its fort being built.
Feltrand
Feltrand

Location : Fort Raven's Hold in Frostfire - Hillsbrad foothills - Silvermoon - Shattrath

Character sheet
Name: Feltrand Ravensun
Title: Chronomancer Magister Artist

http://feltrandravensunart.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Mon May 05, 2014 7:16 am

least we remember what happens  EVERY time we do a Darkshire RP hub.Litterly Gankers set up camp and utterly slaughter RPers / harass RPers constantly .Sure I remember one night we were all flying about on mounts RPing.I know gankers can show up anywhere,but our last attempt..... must have been Swindle's Event back in Cata.Tonnes of guilds involved and we spent nights  on the run.
F**k knows I'd love it to happen.Cause Fr.Crilly still needs to give a surmon and use that Ohhh so epic line... mehh  but the worst part of it all is the moaning RPers flooding chat when the ganking starts
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Mon May 05, 2014 4:04 pm

Actually, the Ordo Arcana are more than open when it comes to such RP possibilities, being an Academy based on a Stronghold, and even this part of it is not exactly suffering from setbacks luckily.

It would be best I Think, if several smaller of these Guilds were added to fill out the more World-wide RP. With the Lordaeron Guild coming along now, I suppose it would be not that far fetched for someone to even make have a manor in the North, like in Ambermill, for an example.

Though, if any such Guilds would eventually come along, I'd recommend them to keep it small to one estate rather than a whole village and a massive land, as I've actually Heard some people wanting to do. Stronghold based Guilds would probably remain pretty small in my guess , since one would probably want more than one such guild for competition and intrigue between the ruling families, being more or less of the same ideas. Sad that this doesn't come around, as it would really add to the excitement of the travelling and actually encourage people to take real use of travelling in RP.
One can Always Dream, right? *sigh*
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon May 05, 2014 4:47 pm

In my opinion, It all depends on how Strongholds and WoD will come out. If the location of the Stronghold is a fixed location, and every player builds it into least somewhat similar stage during the leveling experience, and depending on how the phasing of such a place works, It is also a possibility to roleplay a Stronghold as a player-constructed city in Draenor. I don't expect there to be a large number of friendly towns out in the wilds, so having a roleplayer-populated city in Draenor might be a thing. Of course, it also depends on the layout of Karabor and Bladespire Citadel - if there is free space we roleplayers can claim and make use like we already do in some sections of Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Silvermoon, Thunder Bluff and other major cities.

Another thing regarding Strongholds, no matter "where" they are located IC or OOC, is to keep it open enough for other groups to settle in. I mean... if you have a guild using let's say Darkshore for Town RP, but is unwilling to lend any of the houses for those of outside their guild as temporary or permanent residence, the place will only draw visitors, not other guilds to populate itself. Of course, it all depends if you even -want- other guilds to barge in to the party.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Mon May 05, 2014 4:57 pm

This post gives me want to turn the Roleplay into Game of Thrones.. I should just stay away from weddings...  silent 
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Mon May 05, 2014 5:02 pm

Eldiros wrote:This post gives me want to turn the Roleplay into Game of Thrones.. I should just stay away from weddings...  silent 

You should probably stay away from the whole series.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon May 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Skarain wrote:If the location of the Stronghold is a fixed location
Horde players' garrisons will be in Frostfire, Alliance players' garrisons will be in Shadowmoon Valley. In the current build, there is no option to build or move them elsewhere.
Skarain wrote:and depending on how the phasing of such a place works
Strictly a personal phase, but you can invite up to 40 people to a raid and into your garrison.
Skarain wrote:It is also a possibility to roleplay a Stronghold as a player-constructed city in Draenor.
A garrison is exactly that; A player constructed stronghold. It will feature in the leveling/story experience.
Skarain wrote:having a roleplayer-populated city in Draenor might be a thing.

I certainly hope so, I'm looking forward to role-playing on Draenor and meeting the local Draenei totally new to all these strange Alliance (and Horde!) newcomers.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon May 05, 2014 10:19 pm

Eldiros wrote:This post gives me want to turn the Roleplay into Game of Thrones.. I should just stay away from weddings...  silent 

No. No. We don't need Game of Thrones themed influences. *Hiss*
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon May 05, 2014 10:29 pm

Clara Dawson wrote:

No. No. We don't need Game of Thrones themed influences. *Hiss*

To be fair, some things in Game of Thrones might benefit human roleplay in particular. Like remembering that the characters live in a medieval setting, with medieval sensibilities and social rules, and medieval limits on many things - like communication.

I also like the idea of noble houses, feuding or allying, but in my (somewhat limited) experience with the subject it doesn't usually turn out very well in actual roleplay.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 6:07 am

The ruins of the Scarlet Enclave are completely free of serious mobs etc. It has everything a town rebuilder could need - check it out. On Ravenholdt often people would use it.
Meranda

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue May 06, 2014 6:08 am

erwtenpeller wrote:
Skarain wrote:and depending on how the phasing of such a place works
Strictly a personal phase, but you can invite up to 40 people to a raid and into your garrison.

I know that. I was more referring if the leveling experience all takes us to a certain stage of Garrison size, or if we players have any "say" on what we want to build, if to build anything at all - how "similar" will the Garrisons turn out to be between individual players. Will be strange if one day the "city" does have walls and another day it doesn't, if it's used to represent the same city.

Ohwell, i guess we find out when the game comes out.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 06, 2014 10:02 am

We'll have some control over where to place buildings. It works with a slot system very similar to your glyph interface. You have several sizes of buildings and a limited amount of slots to fit them in. Where you fit them is up to you. And you can swap them around whenever you want, so synchronizing different people's garrison layouts shouldn't be a problem.

I guess the different "tiers" will be connected to the story. There's evidence of events where your garrison gets assaulted. Having or not having a wall might be connected to that.

Speculation, hoooo!

RE: SANARA:
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue May 06, 2014 10:24 am

The setting of World of Warcraft isn't set in any one historical period, it's a hodgepodge of whatever seems convenient for the story at that particular moment or whatever feels cool. I mean, the Pandaria invasion heavily invoked imagery of the invasion of Vietnam of all things.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Tue May 06, 2014 3:32 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Be that hologram technological or magical, it's certainly not primitive or unpractical. We see NPC's use a wide range of magical and technological tools all that time that are way beyond medieval limits.[/spoiler]

Given that we still have most manual labour (farming, mining, even complex processes like blacksmithing and clothmaking) using simple medieval tools rather than industrial equipment (or hell, how about a sewing wheel?) it's rather easy to infer that advanced technology and magic are exclusive to the wealthy and powerful. Though, debating wether a given character should have access to certain technology at all is somewhat meaningless, as what makes for more interesting RP should take precedence; To me, primitive communication creates more possibilities.

Thelos wrote:the Pandaria invasion heavily invoked imagery of the invasion of Vietnam of all things.

Largely unrelated, but I call bull. What kind of Vietnam imagery was there in Pandaria? I know I wanted Pandaria to evoke Vietnam, and Korea too, but I never saw much of anything to draw any kind of connection. The closest we get to a Cold War-proxy conflict is in Kun-Lai which never goes anywhere and the Jade Forest Hozen/Jinyu conflict which is more of an African situation where the war's already there, and the superpowers just give weapons to whoever will fight the guys they don't like.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next