Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The battle of Whispering Gulch

Go down

The battle of Whispering Gulch Empty The battle of Whispering Gulch

Post by Littlepip Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:58 pm

War, not a day goes by without me thinking on it, and for good reasons, after all I fight in it every day i breath. With all the battles I have fought, I have gained knowledge and strength, I have seen men's hopes and dreams rise up from the pits of agony itself only to fall even further, I have seen civilizations rise to the stars only to slain by a plague, I have seen armies rise up from the depths of hell itself and and break war against the living. It takes it toll upon a dwarf to see so much, yet I continue to live, to breath! For if I gave up all the men that has lost their lives for this pitiful war would have been in vain, for their sake we must win!

The wind blows from the east, blowing the dark storm clouds over our heads and pouring rain under our armor. Besides me stands fifty brave men aiming rifles, crossbows and bows down at the bridge in front of us, we have been standing here for half an hour waiting for the Horde to dare cross it. Down by the bridge stands another thirty men with swords and shields, creating a wall of metal and flesh, none will pass this shield wall for these are not ordinary guards, they are the very backbone of the Alliance army, these men are the strongest of the strong.
I have my hands firmly placed on my back and stand strong against the heavy wind coming from the east, my long beard blows around like a leaf in Fall. I look around on the men around me, they also stand firmly and brave, no fear is in their eyes and hope is still high, yet I know war enough that this will not last long. When battle breaks out hope is usually not to be found on either sides, they are to busy slaying each others to think about that.

The Whispering Gulch, I had heard rumors about it. They say that the blood of a mad god runs deep within the ravine's rocks and for a long while ago a large army of explorers went down there to explore it, they never returned. Now, when I close my eyes I can hear the echoing sound of a pick hitting a rock every now and then. Maybe it is just my imagination, but sometimes I can hear a whisper in my head, telling me that none can be trusted. Yet this voice hits a brick wall in my head, for I know that these men will not abandon this battle before everyone is dead, either on our side, or the enemy's.

I hear them, the enemy have come, I cannot see the other side due to the thick foliage of a tree, however I can see the men griping their shields and swords harder and hear the clattering of metal and feet rushing over the ground.
Then I hear it, the familiar roar into the wind, a roar that would fills the heart of many with both sadness and fear. "Lok'tar ogar!"
Victory or death.

To be continued.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The battle of Whispering Gulch Empty Re: The battle of Whispering Gulch

Post by Littlepip Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:12 pm

I hear an echoing sound of footsteps against the wooden bridge, I can hear metal against metal and orcish arguments and cheers. The heavy rain makes it difficult to see the enemies, however it isn't long before I get a shot at one. Like ghost he runs out in flashing red plated armor, waving around a one-handed axe like a barbarian, likely this orc has never seen combat before because of the pure idiocy going on. I fire my rifle, sending out a sharp bullet that goes straight through an opening in his neck and sending him stumbling down into the abyss. "One." I whisper to myself.

I glance over to the soldiers on the bridge, the men in heavy armor keeping up the large shield wall, I see a few of them shaking in their pants while a few others are whispering motivational words to those around them. They cling to their large rectangular shield which reaches from the ground to their heads, the shields I had specifically delivered just for this one objective. Made to keep the orcs back while ranged units pick them off one by one.

I see more of the orcs running out of the rain, these orcs are more intelligent as they carry shields and axes, they move swiftly into the wall and crash into it with their own, smaller, rounder shields. The orcs are naturally stronger then humans thus pushing them back slightly at the first attack, however the humans has a better grip then the orcs and simply pushes them back once more. We now have them out flanked, we start shooting them down one by another from the side, of course the orcs notice our attack and try to pull back, however the orcs behind doesn't know this and simply hold them stuck. Slowly we grind through them leaving piles of corpses that eventually is pushed down into the ravine, a few of them even alive. I can hear their scream as they fall down into the abyss.

To be continued.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down