Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Defias Brotherhood guilds? (no pun intended)

+2
Littlepip
Barinn
6 posters

Go down

[A] Defias Brotherhood guilds? (no pun intended) Empty [A] Defias Brotherhood guilds? (no pun intended)

Post by Barinn Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:03 pm

I was wondering if there are any guilds out there that RP as the defias brotherhood/remnants of it? And if there aren't any, would there be any interest for one?

If I did make a guild about the defias brotherhood. It'd most likley "return to its roots" so to speak. Not just any band of theives and robbers. The main goal would be to help out the poor, since I guess most of the masons are probably dead? We would work mostly in Westfall, but in other places where poor people might also be. One of the main reasons for the brotherhood would be that "The king doesn't care about his people, he only cares about war!" However, it would still have some criminal touches to it. For example, robbing unsuspecting travelers, because if the king and the nobles wont help the poor and give back what is rightfully ours, we will take it back, by any means necessary. (So, technically it's the kings fault, one could say  sunny )
So it wouldn't be crime for your own needs (well it kinda is), but for the greater good! But of course some unlucky man or woman here and there would have to pay.

It would also use such classic defias features as the iconic red mask, engineering and the cog tattoo etc.

So I wonder if anyone else would be interested in this kinda of rp? Let me know Very Happy

Last edited by Barinn on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Barinn
Barinn

Back to top Go down

[A] Defias Brotherhood guilds? (no pun intended) Empty Re: [A] Defias Brotherhood guilds? (no pun intended)

Post by Littlepip Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Our realm name is Defias Brotherhood, so it would suprise me if one didn't exist for a long time ago. However according to lore Defias Brotherhood have been shut down several times now. The closest you can get to that kind of roleplay now is through joining the Cartel.

That is my thoughts on it.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

[A] Defias Brotherhood guilds? (no pun intended) Empty Re: [A] Defias Brotherhood guilds? (no pun intended)

Post by Ixirar Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:42 pm

Yeah. The Brotherhood ceased to exist after VanCleef and his daughter died.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:39 pm

Making an unlawful guild of sort with roots into Defias Brotherhood sounds good enough, but i advice against trying to resurrect the Defias Brotherhood as it used to be. Taking traits as the red mask, their Engineering aptitude and tomes of Blood Magic are all things you make use of. Just take that one step to the future and be "more" than an organisation that have already fallen and buried.

As for interest, i am afraid i don't have time to invest to another character to set into a group or guild.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:13 pm

I'd say making a Rebel Alliance is one of those things Guilds aren't suited for.

Rebelling is one of those things that needs not to have a guild flag. Once again, I'd recommend Gryphonheart Groups, so that you'd have a means of communication.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Barinn Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:10 pm

If I did make a guild about the defias brotherhood. It'd most likley "return to its roots" so to speak. Not just any band of theives and robbers. The main goal would be to help out the poor, since I guess most of the masons are probably dead? We would work mostly in Westfall, but in other places where poor people might also be. One of the main reasons for the brotherhood would be that "The king doesn't care about his people, he only cares about war!" However, it would still have some criminal touches to it. For example, robbing unsuspecting travelers, because if the king and the nobles wont help the poor and give back what is rightfully ours, we will take it back, by any means necessary. (So, technically it's the kings fault, one could say Very Happy)
So it wouldn't be crime for your own needs (well it kinda is), but for the greater good! But of course some unlucky man or woman here and there would have to pay.

It would also use such classic defias features as the iconic red mask, engineering and the cog tattoo etc.

So I wonder if anyone else would be interested in this kinda of rp? Let me know Very Happy
Barinn
Barinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Aaaah, so that is what you meant with a Defias Brotherhood guild. Robin Hood style!

I advice to update the main post with the details you just said. There is a -huge- difference between the RPG Defias Brotherhood and World of Warcraft Defias Brotherhood. Most people only know the later, a ruthless band of bandits with no shreds of honor. I do believe there could be interest towards old-school Defias Brotherhood guild. You just have to present your concept idea better.

Mind contact me ingame? I can be found on Skaraín or Inran.

Last edited by Inran/Skarain on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:12 pm

That sounds like a guild of Robin Hoods with red bandannas.

That sounds awesome.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:08 pm

I can already imagine a band of braves wandering through Westfall when they get ambushed by these "Band of thugs"

This also brings something very interested in, what will happen when two good forces clashes together to fight for the good? It would be interesting seeing the anti-hero's win.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:09 pm

A Battle of the Bands?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Barinn Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:13 pm

I aprove, BATTLE OF THE BAAANDS!
Barinn
Barinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:14 pm

Clash of the bands, war of the bands!
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Barinn Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:15 pm

Fight of the bands!
Barinn
Barinn

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:16 pm

Well, say this thing works and comes off the ground, then we can definitely work on a shared story, be it a conflict or an alliance.

Smile
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Barinn Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:18 pm

I'll start working on some better back story, and get my character some more "fancier" defias gear.
If all goes well I'll probably start recruiting this weekend! :3
Barinn
Barinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:11 pm

Almost forgot, if you want your guild to survive over a long period of time create an event once each week for both PvP and PvE, that's how the other guilds outside their capital survives.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down