Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow and light.

Go down

Shadow and light. Empty Shadow and light.

Post by Littlepip Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:43 am

Shadow and Light.
Our family has always been dealing with the Light, there is no question to this. My father’s father was a priest of the holy light, my father was a paladin of the Silver Hand and it has gone over to me now.
Being a paladin is not only about saving others life, praying to the light and cleansing evil, you have to show others the way to walk, show them that there is a greater path to walk the path of shadow and death. You have to be a role model for the next generation of children in this land, show the people of this world that the light does exist and it will do them nothing but good.
This is something not all the Paladins understand, many have grown arrogant as the Scarlet crusaders and follow nothing but their own goals, thinking it is for the better good of all.. Well, I’m one of those at least.

As I wake up screaming in the camp I grab for my sword and run out of the tent, expecting to see a Death Knight at any moment, behind be a group of Freelancers follow to investigate what is going on, holding onto their knifes the quickly look around for enemy threats only to be meet by the cold morning breeze.
One of the men behind me looks up at me and yells at me. “What was that all about?!”
I don’t answer; I look around the area looking for any signs of the death knight in my dreams.
“Thorvald!” I drop my sword on the ground and fall to my knee, breathing slowly and heavily, my right hand and touch my chest where my heart would be and roll over to the side, my heart is beating harder and faster for every second that counts before it finally stops.
That is the last thing I could remember before I fainted due to a heart attack.

I open my eyes slowly and glance around the room, my eyesight is blurry and there is a sharp light in my eyes so the only thing I notice is that I’m inside a rather large house, its dark and the bright light is coming from the curtains, I feel dizzy again and let my head fall back to the wooden floor before falling asleep once again.

I open my eyes again, this time there is no light in my eyes, its night time outside. I hear a loud creaking noise coming from somewhere around me and I quickly get up onto my feet grabbing after my sword on my back, only to find out it’s gone.
I step around in the cold, empty darkness.
“Where.. Where am I?”
I look down on the floor and almost loose balance, I fall down on my ass before I look around, I’m in nothing but the usual Leather armor I carry around, the read and thick hide could protect me against a tiger bite, but not a blade or arrow.
“Hello!” I yell it out, but to no use, there are no answers coming back.
I push myself up from the ground and glance around in the Dark room noticing the old furniture, it is a large room with four corners, in one of them stands a long table stretching across the room, around the table stands many chairs stabled up on the table, from the looks of things, it hasn’t been used for a long time. As I look around more in the room I notice a fireplace in one of the other corners of the room. I walk towards the fireplace and let my right hand glide over the dusty and cold shelf hanging above it.
“This house hasn’t seen people in a while..” My hand stops as it reaches a frame of some sort, I pick it up and try looking on it to no avail, it’s too dark and dusty to see it.
“Hmm.. This should help.” I whisper low to myself a prayer to the Light, my hands start glowing slightly and I finally get a look on the painting.
“But that’s.. Me?” On the painting there is a drawing of me and my wife hugging each other with our child Martha between our self, everyone smiling at the painter.
“He he, I remember this, we had to stand still for almost an hour for the painter to finish his work.” I smile to myself as I place the photograph down on the shelf again.
As I turn around to continue looking around I see a small, blue glowing light coming from the stairs, at first I’m skeptical about checking it out, but my curiosity gets the better off me and I walk to see what it is. As I get around the corner I manage to get see a pair of feet disappear under the stairs.
“That’s strange.. Wait maybe not. If memory serves right..” I look around for the candle and finally catch a glimpse of it, I pull at it a little weak at first but it doesn’t budge.
“It’s stuck, one more time.” I pull harder this time, a loud sound reaches around the house as I manage to rip the candle light off the wall.
“Ops, wrong candle.”  I look around some more before finding the right one this time, I pull at it weakly and this time the hidden doorway opens up under the stairs.
As I wander down the stairs I notice a distinct lack of dust as if someone has been down here not long ago and cleaned up. I look around keeping an eye out for a trap, but I feel safe here for some reason. I look forwards again towards the blue light walking down the stairs, I have managed to make out that it is definitely a human form, if it is alive or not is the question now. As we walk further and further down I start wondering if we would ever hit the end, I look behind me towards the door and it shock’s me to see that I had never even left the doorway yet, I look around myself seemingly confused over what just happened.
“What in the name of the Light..”
I look down the stairs towards the blue light, and start following it, this time I’m holding an eye on the door.
“Ouf!” I crash into another door, this time it is the basement door, I look at the door and wonder if I actually should be doing this.
On the other side I hear a familiar laughter and I quickly open the door, on the other side stands the blue glowing creature. I wipe away a tear as I recognize the person, it was my daughter Martha, Martha points towards a skeleton in the corner of the room, just the same size as herself, this time I can’t hold back my tears and I run towards Martha and attempt to pick her up to give her a hug, no use. The child just slips through my hands, reminding me that she is a ghost.
“Martha I.. I..”
The child smiles up at me and giggles.
“It’s okay dad, its okay.
I fall to my knees and cover my eyes with my hands, weeping. I hear footsteps coming from Martha as she walks closer to me, placing a hand on my back. It is cold and goes through me, but it is as if I can feel it touch me.
“Martha, I’m so sorry for what happened, if only I had been here!”
Martha moves her hand over my back as I continue to cry.

End of part I
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Shadow and light. Empty Re: Shadow and light.

Shadow and Light.

How long time has it been since I cried? How long since I saw my daughter? I can't answer to that, I slowly recover from the sight of my daughter and sit down to look over my daughter. She has seen better days, her clothes being all ripped up, her stomach is shown under the rags she is wearing.
"Dear light.. Do you feel well?" She smiles at me and nods once. "Yes dad, I feel fine."
"But.. You look so skinny, I can actually see trough you.." I look worried on her while I move my hand trough her once, I regret when I notice my hand feels ice cold. "Dad.." She touches my hands and gives me serious eyes. "I'm fine, no need to worry." I glance over my daughter one last time before getting up on my my feet. I look around the dark room with my hands still glowing of the holy light, I raise my hand over my head and whisper low prayers to myself and the light grows brighter.
"Dad?" I look down on my daughter again. "Yes?"
"Could you.. Could you do me a favor?" I smile to myself and bow down towards her. "Yes sweet heart, anything for you."
She looks up on me with her diamond eyes and smiles. "Let go."
I blink once not understanding the question quite. "Let go of me dad, I'm dead, there is no need to worry about me anymore, stop living in the past and move on."
I look on my daughter, stunned by her words, for a short while I think it trough before nodding once. I look at my daughter as she smiles, small sparkles of light moves flies around her. "Thank you dad, we will meet again one day." I smile at my daughter and nod once while wiping away a tear. "One day." I say to her as she vanishes into the light.
I take a step away from my daughter as she disappears into the light, leaving me in the darkness alone once again. Its silent without her, I wish I hadn't done that for a short while, I turn around to face the stairs. "Hey there." I jump up and look down on the little guy standing on the floor. "Holy mother of light you scared me!" The tiny man has giant ears and yellow glowing eyes, huge horns and cloves to feet. "Your an imp!" The imp gives me an applause and stares and me with a giant grin. "Congratulations! You win absolutely nothing." I raise both my hands towards the imp and shoot out a spear of light, surprisingly enough the imp doesn't move as the spear shoots out towards it.
As the spear of light flies trough the air it slowly decays until it finally ends up as nothing but Darkness. "Sorry bro, no light can touch me in here! I'm in my territory now and you have to follow my house rules!" I stare down surprised at the Imp and sit down, I can see that he doesn't want to do me harm, else he would have done it for a long time ago. "What do you want?"
The imp just laughs at me. "What I want, is your co-operation." I raise an eyebrow and look on the imp. "You want a contract.. With a Paladin?" The imp just stare at me. "Well when you say it that way.. Yes!" Inside me there is someone laughing really hard, mostly because this is the most absurd thing I have seen in my life. "Why in the world would I be willingly signing a contract with an imp?" The imp just grins at me. "I should mention that the only way your getting out of here is trough signing this contract."
Well.. He had me there. "Alright, so how do we do this? A hand shake or blood from a virgin?" The Imp just laughs at me and start rolling on the floor. "Blood from a virgin, that's a good one! .. No just shake my hand and were good." I stretch out my hand with a smile and the imp gets up slowly to shake mine. As he shakes it I can't help but feel a little dizzy and I hear a dark voice in my head. "Welcome to the family  Mr, Silverlight."

End of Part II.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

I look down at the boat that slowly makes it way towards the Stormwind harbor were a large group of soldiers stood ready to be transported to the lands of Pandaria, I can hear the loud screams of sea gulls above my head and can see some of them flying down towards the boat were they expect to find food.
I look up at the sky were the sun stands on its peak with no clouds, I blink once and turn down towards the boat again, it has now reached the bay and is unloading its cargo, tons of crates and men entering and exiting the boat constantly, I notice a small Pandaren walking slowly out of the boat, couldn't be more then eight years old. Behind him is what I guess is his father, then holding his hand is the mother, all of them black and white with a thick fur, the father has a big furry belly.
"Dad!" The child laughs out and spins around observing the new land. "Dad look!" I watch the child loose his balance and fall on his back, but it doesn't bring his mood down, he just continues to laugh.
"Alright, this sight makes me sick lets go back to that inn with the big women!" I let out a lang drawn out sigh before turning around, however as we finally reach the inn I just ignore it and walk straight past it. "Hey dumb ass, you missed it!" I smirk and continue to walk.
I hear a voice behind me and turn around while continuing to walk. "Good afternoon Mr, Silverlight. How is it going?"
I stare down at him, his red hood and clothes, his green eyes. The strange book hanging on his belt shimmers green however no one but I notice it in the streets, damned curse.
"I'm fine Alucard, what is it you want?" I respond to the short man, I can't decide what height he is, but he is definitely not the average size of a human male. He is also not the strongest one, he seems barely capable of picking up that book he carries around. He also has a long grey beard. The bearded man looks up at me and smiles a friendly smile, I can't decide if it is fake or real. "Not up for a chat? Okay.." The man looks down on his dark brown belt and takes of the black book with the green glowing rune on it, he then stretches out his hands which is covered in black gloves, he picks the book up and places it under his arm.
He start taking off the glove on his right hand slowly, the man is old, very old.
After taking off the glove he takes the book again and holds it inn his right hand with the front of the book facing up towards the sky, I take a closer look at the book again.
On the book I see the usual green hand, while the title still remains unknown, the language isn't know my any library I have been in yet. The man start whispering low and places his right hand on the front of the page, for a short moment I think it is strange that no one has taken notice to this, I take a quick look around and notice there are no one around, we were in the mage district not far from the slaughtered lamb. I look back again at the man just in time to see him close the book. "Your next assignment is a demon named Wrath'kol. Take this soul gem and hearthstone in case you get injured, wouldn't want my good friend getting hurt."
I look down on the soul gem and Hearthstone before shaking my head, taking only the soul gem.
"Forget the Hearthstone, I have the light, and consider the demon already dead."
The man nods once before turning around and start walking, leaving me alone without a word.

I look up at the large house were I had traced the Demon to, the house looked lively, probably held a family of four kids and two parents. I was completely covered in Armor prepared for a real fight, my two handed blade hanging on my back and a spear in my right hand, ready to pierce if I were jumped.
I took a deep breath, raised my left hand and knocked on the oak door, for a short moment there were complete silence, even the grasshoppers went silent in the clouded night. Far in the distance I could hear laughter, I turned around and saw a small camp fire in the middle of nowhere, there were eight people sitting around it, two sons, two daughters, one mother and one father.
I decided not to involve the family yet and opened the door into the house, as I peaked around the door I noticed that there light coming from the fire pit, I slowly placed my left foot inside the doorway and looked around again, noticing it was a rather small house. Stairs leading upstairs, clean and warm, no toys on the floor and a ton of pictures hanging on the walls, most of them are paintings and drawings of king Varyan Wrynn. It seems this family has respect and love for their king, I thought that everyone hated him. I walked completely trough the door and close it behind be before starting to wander around in the house in search of any clues to where the demon could be, but after a while I start giving up, there are no signs to where the demon could be hiding.
'Have you checked the Closet?' I almost forgot that there was an imp bounded to me. "No not yet." I answer the imp before walking upstairs to check the loft. I slowly walk up the stairs and take a quick look around.
The whole room is filled with bookshelf's except one part of the wall that has a door on it, I slowly make my way towards the door praying that there is no one inside the door and that the family won't be returning any time soon.
I hear a loud creaking noise and quickly look around. 'Relax buddy, it was just the floor.' The demon spoke to me as if he had done this many times, he seemed completely cool about it.
I slowly made my way over to the door and opened it, upon opening it I got a light but very cold breeze into my face, colder then the wind in Storm Peaks. I look around and notice that all the light are outs, I took a quick look around but it was to dark to see anything, I let out a long drawn out sigh before raising my right hand up and snapping my fingers, the candles inside the room instantly lights up and I smirk to myself.
'Hey your getting better at this!' The imp tells me, sounding a little impressed.
I look around the room again, there was four candles hanging on the walls, two over the bed which was big enough for two, there was one candle hanging to the right left of me and one stood on a night stand.
On the walls hangs a few pictures, oddly enough a drawing of what I presumed would be the Light shining down upon a man.
"Are you sure this is the right house? So far I have seen no sign of Demons nor their taint." I speak out loud, it feels more natural that way. 'Yes I'm sure, the report and tracks leads here.' The imp responds rather annoyed, probably taking it personally that I doubt on his tracking skills.
I looked around the room, the drawing of the light interest me particularly so that is the first thing I check out, when I reach the picture I stand for a while inn front of it for a while, studying it. 'Hang on partner, I think I can sense something from this drawing, I think there is something behind it.' I raise and eyebrow before closing my hands around its frames, moving it out of the way so that I can see what is behind it.
Behind the drawing there is a hollowed out room with a dusty old book in it. I reach my hand out to pick it up but my friend manages to stop me. 'Hold on, there might be a curse on it.'

The end of Part III.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:44 am

“It’s just a farm, we probably went to the wrong house or something, you can clearly see that there is nothing to worry about.” I say as I reach for the book.
When I touch it I can’t help but feel a little dizzy for a short moment, only to quickly shake it off and pick the book up.
“See, nothing to worry about.” I smile to myself and open the book.
I read quickly trough the first entry.
“I have gone trough many horrible things in my life, finally something good happened to me. I found Elizabeth, a wonderful woman who looks upon Varian Wrynn as if he was a god.
Her food makes me smile, her laughter makes me laugh and her kindness is just overwhelming, I was sent here by Alucard to kill her but I don’t think I can. I.. I think I am in love with her!”
I raise an eyebrow as I continue reading trough the different entries I find in the book.
‘Ha what a vuss, he couldn’t even kill a women, poor demon probably had a bad childhood.’
I nod as I continue reading the book. All of a sudden I hear a sound behind me, the sound of a door opening. “Dad? Do we expect visitors?” A child yells out, I quickly turn around and look down at a six year old child with big red eyes and long tongue.
My body completely freezes still, what should I do? Should I slay the demon which has become a father or slay the entire family for their fel sins? Maybe I should just make a run for it and pretend that I didn’t find the demon but then the old man would just send another to kill him.
I hear a man running up the stairs, time is running out and I still haven’t decided.
‘Dud what are you doing! Slay the family!’ I blink once before reacting to the words, taking in a long calming breath and taking my decision.
I draw my two-handed blade and run towards the child before swinging it down towards it, the child doesn’t stand a chance and is instantly cleaved in two, his body splits in two and falls each directions while I step over him and move over to my next target. A teenager, probably fourteen years old, the boy had a long black hair and red eyes, scaly skin and old clothes ripped in pieces, showing the scaly skin everywhere. This time my blade moves from bellow, a left side swing cuts half way through the boy and gets stuck in his bones, I let go of my sword and draw my spear while running down the stairs. When I get down from the stairs I get surprised by the wife of the demon standing right in front of me.
“Carl, is that you?” I raise an eyebrow and quickly look her over. She has a curvy form with white hair and blank eyes, she was probably blind.
‘The female too.’ The imp orders me with an annoyed voice, I quickly move my spear forward and stabs her through her heart, and before she falls down on the floor I could only hear one word. “Why..?” She falls on the floor and I take out the spear, now I only need to kill the Demon and this damned mission is over.
I run towards the door and stand in front of it, just out of reach I prepare to run forward and pierce the man when he enter the door.
The moment of complete silence gives me a moment to think on the women’s question. “Why..? Why am I doing this? Where did it all go wrong?” I ask myself out loud, before the I manage to think out the answer the door is kicked in and I thrust my spear into the man’s hearth.
I don’t even bother to look at the demon scum.
I take a quick look around the room; The floor is covered in blood both green and red,  one of the candles still burns and the pictures of the king is covered in blood from the blind women. I take the candle down from the wall and toss it on the floor, realizing this would be enough I snap my fingers once, lighting some parts of the house instantly on, before the house catches on fire for real I walk up and pick up my blade from the teen and walk out, staring at nothing but the floor.
‘You did good, not everyone could have pulled of such a perfect murder on their first day.’
I grow angry at the imp.
“Just give me the damned medicine.”

The end of Part IV.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down