Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The other Dark Sphere Trailer (The better one)

+8
Rinoi
Marticore
Melnerag
(Goggy) - Exilius
Ataris
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Jeanpierre
Torukan
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The other Dark Sphere Trailer (The better one) Empty The other Dark Sphere Trailer (The better one)

Post by Torukan Thu May 13, 2010 11:04 pm

First, debatable dark sphere trailer:

After so much criticism, this is how I have felt:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f66/15/06/81/64/templa12.jpg

So here is the final one I'm doing, no more updates:

Last edited by Rushomi/Tashun/Galavan on Sat May 15, 2010 12:44 am; edited 8 times in total

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The other Dark Sphere Trailer (The better one) Empty Re: The other Dark Sphere Trailer (The better one)

Post by Jeanpierre Thu May 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Nice work!
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

The other Dark Sphere Trailer (The better one) Empty Re: The other Dark Sphere Trailer (The better one)

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Thu May 13, 2010 11:15 pm

Good trailer,

But...

The first words didn't appear until half the trailer was gone, so the wait was a wee bit too long there, perhaps something that could be worked on somehow.

And also, all the footage was good, but take that I've never heard or seen TDS before, I would've presumed it was some fancy pansy PvP guild from what I saw, was missing some of the cliché´s like "Experience the shadows - Experience events - Experience Roleplaying - Experience the defias brotherhood!" Or something in that manner, because you've got to keep in mind that the whole point of the trailer is to make me(the viewer) interested in the guild because they look awesome, but also to enlighten me somewhat as to what TDS has to offer other than just "experience roleplaying"

Hope this makes some sense Smile
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Thu May 13, 2010 11:21 pm

I appreciate the constructive criticism, noted.

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Thu May 13, 2010 11:22 pm

You're welcome, trying to help tis all Very Happy
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Thu May 13, 2010 11:22 pm

Huge improvement. Though I don't know how I feel about the radical shift in mood halfway through.

Other than that, great work!
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Thu May 13, 2010 11:31 pm

Hang on, it's getting a bit of a makeover....

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Thu May 13, 2010 11:51 pm

After a long nightfall of manslaughter and hauntin'
Mr.Phantasm is heading back home to Knight's Hollow!
The other Dark Sphere Trailer (The better one) Wowscr15
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Fri May 14, 2010 6:10 am

yay it's back

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Fri May 14, 2010 6:20 am

Improvement. Very Happy
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri May 14, 2010 8:55 am

Amazing. I must say I liked the first bits more. There was an untold sense of treachery and dark intent in the scenes of Spherites talking in cellar and then going somewhere.

After that things disimproved atmosphere-wise, but the footage is of superb quality. Angles are surprisingly well-chosen!

Suggest you also take a look at those Dark Ambient soundtracks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6nLKCJdUvk

especially this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIg2hfqhhyg&feature=related
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Marticore Fri May 14, 2010 12:17 pm

I approve of this.
Marticore
Marticore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinoi Fri May 14, 2010 12:44 pm

I agree with Bennedict as regards to criticism. Unto his words I'd like to add that the chosen font is somewhat illegible at times. Especially the most vital ones; 'The Dark Sphere' are barely noticeable. I suggest spending some time looking for new fonts that communicate a bit better and still bring across the feeling of 'darkness' and such. Also adding some contrast may work well.

As for communicating the essence of your guild; the atmosphere is a good step. Seeing if you can tell story by means of voice acting would be even cooler if done well. I'd like to see that :p
Rinoi
Rinoi

Character sheet
Name: Rinoi Du'nai
Title: The Chief

http://bandofthebrave.host-power.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri May 14, 2010 2:45 pm

I have to admit, I hated the first one you did...But this one is actually rather excellent...

Only criticism would be to tone down the lighting on the ending screenie and pick a better font, it looked out of place after the darkness before it.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Fri May 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Right, this video was greatly improved and was excellent, although I suggest you use a new editing program as Window Moviemaker (think I recognised it there) isn't exactly good.

Sony Vegas Pro is free on trial for a month or so and is very easy to use.

So, some changes that could be made to to the video.

Try using Experience The Dark Sphere 2nd last and then using Experience the defias Brotherhood last - And perhaps try adding a year and a name along with that in the manner of something like this.

Made by Tashun

And last but not least, you need a new font for that "The Dark Sphere" at the end.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Fri May 14, 2010 10:13 pm

I have sony vegas 8, but am totally clueless as to how to use it atm

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Sat May 15, 2010 12:44 am

LAST UPDATE, JEEEZZZZZZ!!!!

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sat May 15, 2010 12:49 am

One word.

AWESOME!

Spoiler:
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sat May 15, 2010 1:19 am

If you're using Sony Vegas Pro you can slowly tune down the volume of the sound track towards the end and slowly tune it up again from the beginning of another one.

For example you could slowly downtune the song from before the mood switch and then over lap the 2nd part of the mood switch to start without a short stop in the middle, which would perhaps make it sound a wee bit better.

(Other than that, it's an awesome video)
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordazan Sat May 15, 2010 8:08 am

Great job, Tashun! I finally had time to see it!

The sinister mood from the first part clearly doesn't translate to the second part, but people pointed this out already. I think you may need to 'end' the story you're telling in the beginning (which is, by far, the best footage - really awesome!).

Personally, I don't like that you sped up the fighting scene in tranquil gardens, it just doesn't look right. Perhaps I would even slow it down about the time where Jean is hit by a stream of fire!

Other than that, see it a few times for yourself and decide where you want to go from here. I'll be glad to help with improvements or even with another guild movie, if you're going to do another guild.
Mordazan
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Sat May 15, 2010 1:24 pm

It was awesome, especially the bit where that dashing dwarf was killed by a fireball.
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Sat May 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Jomir Howlhammer wrote:It was awesome, especially the bit where that ugly dwarf was cowering like a baby before being killed by a fireball from a gnome and his corpse charred in the dank farm.

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Sun May 16, 2010 1:03 pm

He was clearly raising his arms to protect a box of kittens, orphans, and the king of stormwind who were not quite in the shot. Definately not cowering.
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Sun May 16, 2010 1:41 pm

Much better, in my opinion, atleast. Music was very fitting and the font suited the Sphere quite well, in mah opinion.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sun May 16, 2010 6:47 pm

What was the name of the soundtrack for the first one?
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next