Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ordo Arcana

+3
James Ryder
Officer High Morale
Eldiros
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Ordo Arcana Empty The Ordo Arcana

Post by Eldiros Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:02 pm

From the Spires of Desolation...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

From the mountain spires of desolate Deadwind Pass, standing amidst the northern edge of the Mountains, and overlooking the South, ever under the shadow of Karazhan, The great Tower of the last Guardian, rises the dark Citadel of Acrenor, the Wizard's Keep, the Academy of Deadwind. It is from this Tower that the Wizards of Acrenor operate the institution known as the Ordo Arcana, an Arcane Academy in the service of the Crown of House Wrynn. While the Academy is of a Young and more recent founding, it's leader figure, the Archmage Eldiros Almadros, has dwellt there for many years, studying the arcane in the Peace of the somewhat tense tranquility of Deadwind Pass.

What is the Ordo Arcana?

The Scholars of Mysteries, The Wizard's of the Crown. The Ordo Arcana is an Arcane Institution dedicated to the Kingdom of Stormwind and it's arcane interests. It is an Academy to educate Stormwind's Citizens of the Arcane arts, offering a library of an immense Collection of tomes of the Arcane from across the World, as well as the guidance of the order. It's goals is to further the Power of Mages in society and to bring the younger generations of Magi a structured education, for access to the Academy for any Arcanist requires only the promised loyalty of to the Crown and the Administrations of the Arcana, as well as its leader.

The Arcane Academy

Holding many secrets, the Tower of Acrenor has remained unexplored for centuries. Its libraries and halls holding entities beyond even the comprehension of it's Wizard Lords...

When an eager individual of arcane potential is found by the representatives of the Ordo Arcana, the first action is to extend an invitation and a welcome to the gifted individual in question. A Place within the order grants any member the protection of the Ordo Arcana and the guidance of the higher mages of the order. However, in return for the benefits shared in membership, the initiates must serve the order as well, performing the duties assigned by their higher magicians and to express loyalty to the Ordo Arcana. The starting rank of each member is that of an Initiate, an untested member of the order, awaiting approval from the higher magicians to be granted access to the Keep of Acrenor as a Novice to study the arcane ways and practices. Novices are required to give the Mage's Oath in the presence of at least one higher magician. The Oath reads:

The Mage's Oath

By this official formal gathering I hereby pledge
  My allegiance to the Ordo Arcana,
     its conducts and products,
     its teachings and preachings,
                 and
     its decrees and degrees;

I pledge my loyalty to its stability,
  That I shall not allow
  Neglection of a vow;
     Nor suffer powers dark
        To lead the innocent astray;
     Nor let myself embark
        Upon the twisted wicked way.

I pledge, that as I learn
  I shall observe, and then preserve
     The lore of bones, the lore of blood,
     The lore of flesh, the lore of mud;
        The vagaries of dreams,
        The distant star that gleams,
           The lowly Earth and dust,
           The growing wood, the barren crust;
              And finally the harm of fire,
                 Of water's purification,
              Air's caressing, soul's desire,
                 And order's rectification.

I pledge allegiance to the Alliance,
  To our fabled Stormwind's wealth,
  To our King's honor and health,
     And if I break my pledge of faith
     Let them destroy me and my wraith.

I thus commit myself to service
Solely to acts of justice.

(author unknown)

Once membership has been aquired, the Mages of the Order are registered and recognized as Order Members by all, signaled by the registry of order members and the Magical Order Amulet worn by all members of the Arcana. The Amulet bears great importance to the order, as it holds in the right hands of the capable many magical properties, such as the following:
- with it, access to the Academy is widely possible as it will allow the Arcanist in question to pass through the magical barriers of the gates of Acrenor.
- It will allow a telepathic link of Communication between the Mages of the Order (though mastering this proportion has been found to require great skill, making it very hard for novice mages to truly grasp it until gaining a greater understanding for magic.)
- it also is a source of magical Power for the mages of the order to draw upon, though devouring the magic of the Amulet can as well rendering it's other enchantments useless.

The Council of Mages
the Ordo Arcana is an organization influenced by a variety of individuals. It is ruled by a Council of mages, which consists of the Administrators of the Order. Each Administrator represents and administrates a specific school of magic and serves as figureheads of the order in the specific branches of the institution representing their chosen school. It should be noted though that all the Administartor positions will seldom be filled and is not expected to be filled in a long time ahead. While the Order is ruled by the decisions of the Council of Mages, the man in charge of the Order stands as the head of the Council, Eldiros Almadros, the Archmage of the Ordo Arcana.

Obtaining Wizardry
As a novice complete's his basic training neccesary to become a full fledged arcanist, more is expected still. He/she is expected to continue service to the Ordo Arcana as well as advance further. As an independant arcanist, the magician will be given access to all the different areas restricted from the novices except for some Chambers that has been given individual restrictions by the higher magicians. The arcanist will be free to go about their personal business as they choose without too much interference of the Order. However, they are still to perform the duties assigned to them by higher authority such as the Council of Mages foremost. It is also expected by every magician of the Ordo Arcana to sooner or later take upon themselves the role of teaching the novices. (This is not a rule covering every magician, but only what is recommended and generally expected.)

The Council of Mages

- Eldiros Almadros, Archmage
- Drendén, Administrator of Divination
- Quel'thas Dawnbringer, Administrator of Evocation

The Archmage

The Archmage of the Ordo Arcana is the supreme leader of the order, and the individual owner of the Tower Keep of Acrenor. The Archmage of the Academy doesn't represent an individuad administration of his own, but rather precides over all the administrations, standing as head of the Council of Mages. Currently, the who holds the title is the inquistitive wizard Eldiros Almadros, the recident of Acrenor even before the order's construction.

The Arcane Administrations
Each Administrator of the great Council of Mages will be placed under the seat of an Administrator for a specific magical school with the purpose of running the management of magical study and research based on the selected school as well as specific duties identifiable to the selected nature of the magical school involved.

The Evocation Administration

The Evocation Administration comprises the battlemages of the Ordo Arcana, among other spellcasters of an offensive design of magical casting. It is the Evocation Administration that stand for protecting the order by combating the many that would threaten the stability of the Ordo Arcana, thus it is common for them in particular to work alongside the Wardens of Acrenor as well, with the similarities in their duties taken into consideration. The Evocation Administration stands with full responcibility for research and studies of Evocation magic. The administration is currently led by the Wizard Quel'thas Dawnbringer.

The Divination Administration
Divination is the art of Scrying, thus the Divination Administration stand for specializing in that specific process. Led under the gaze of the Administrator Drenden, the Divinators of the Ordo Arcana are the eyes and ears of the order, their mission being simply to access knowledge for the defense of the Order, as well as to provide the research and education concerning divination to the Arcane Academy of Acrenor.

The Wardens of Acrenor

Not only do the Arcana call upon Mages to further the structure of their order, but also Soldiers to strenghten their influence. Any man, be they sellswords or Knights, can take up arms for the Arcana's cause, as the Order's policy is to reward success and loyalty beyond all else, the Arcana would gladly sponsor Mercenary Groups to defend their cause.

The wardens of Acrenor are the bodyguards of the Mages and the bannermen of the Arcana. Their duties are to protect the order's members and to serve as the Guardians of the Dark Citadel of Acrenor, defending it with their very lives for the promised gold, and managing the intricate Dungeons of the Keep.  

The Librarians and the Black Archives
Being a Librarian amidst the Arcana is a prominent role indeed. They are the keepers of the Library and are responcible to preserve its condition. Any violation inside the Library or theft of books are within their ground of duty to handle.
The Black Archives of the order is a chamber whose existance would be known, but its location ever a secret, as only a few inside the order knows where it is. In the black archives, the Mages of the Arcana store items and texts too dangerous for the outside World or even the rest of the Academy that are not fitting for destruction, to keep it safe from wicked hands and to analyze it for different reasons. this usually can involve the objects and texts of the dark arts, and it is known that any practition of dark magic within the order and even the Black Archives are punishable by either Death or exile. While the Order have been known to pardon dark wizards in Exchange for servitude in the black archives, and insight into locating other dark wizards for the order to dispose of. Only a handful of individuals amidst the Librarians manage the black archives, and such a position must be negotiated with the Archmage himself to obtain.

Advancement in the Ordo Arcana
For an Order Magician, advancement among the ranks of wizardry within the institution is the greatest joy available along with reception of further knowledge. It is the goal of every wizard to gain the acceptance and admiration from their peers. Thus advancement in the ranks are determined by individual abilitites as well as loyalty closely assessed by the higher magicians for official approval. A mage must hold potential to live up for the positions of higher advancement as well as being able to guarantee the order that they can be trusted at all.

The Rules and Conducts of the Ordo Arcana

Dark Magic
-the arts of fel, shadow and necromantic magic are forbidden to practice in the Guild under pain of either exile or Death, as handled by the Keepers of the Black Archives.

General rules
- Obey the Ordo Arcana's rules and conduct.
- Perform the tasks given by the Higher Mages of the Order and the duties of the chosen sections.
- Do not misuse your magical abilities
- Never assault Another order member.

Novices
- Do not enter the Library without a Guardian.
- Do not enter ground of the citadel restricted due to safety precautiouns, as the Order will not be held accountable for any damage imposed after this warning.
- Respect your elder magicians.

Where to find us?
The Ordo Arcana occupy the great wizard's keep of Acrenor, a tower opposite to Karazhan at the northern edge of the Pass of Deadwind. OOCly we use the zone of Karazhan and its surroundings to represent this place. a guild group is formed once a week for maintenance and thus clearing of the raid.
We might also be find occupying the mage Tower of Stormwind during many occasions.

Last edited by Eldiros on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:53 pm; edited 42 times in total (Reason for editing : if the text is repetitive in any way, please inform me as I work on this time and again unsure if I miss important details...)
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

The Ordo Arcana Empty Re: The Ordo Arcana

Post by Officer High Morale Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:55 pm

I'm glad to be a part of this guild, and I'll try my best to help. Smile

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:45 pm

If anyone is interested at all in this concept right now: we are at the moment going to be looking for roles for higher magicians in the Guild, just to speed up the process of bringing a higher authority to form the ruling members. Other ranks are most welcome of course Very Happy but we now have a lack of the "officer" parts sadly
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by James Ryder Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:10 pm

A Great Concept but isn't Kharazan a too big place i mean a walk from the top to bottom takes some time though i do not doubt it's beatiful.
James Ryder
James Ryder

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:14 pm

you have a Point, it is rather tiring to parkour all the time in the RP. Though we do stick with the concept since karazhan has Always been a great Place for RP, escpecially as an unexplored and rather dangerous wizards' Academy where nothing is what it seems.......
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by James Ryder Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Kharazan was always beloved on my side.I liked the Raid More than the Whole City of Stormwind. Fun Fact is Kharazan is almost a similar size as the city of Stormwind if we put it on a flat map.
James Ryder
James Ryder

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:15 pm

I wanna make Randy good and become the ultimate administrator of Illusination.

... A man can only dream.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:59 pm

well. that is a possible character development, though right now, ranquen is just a Little s***!!  Very Happy 
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:57 am

I know that this is quite a large scale project to say the least, at least looks that way, and therefore it probably it has the view of being an -impossible- idea because of the scale. This I can understand. Though what we see here is mostly a desciption of potential as none of the Administartions need to be manned in quantity, merely in qualifying individuals of little numbers.

Administartions in the guild will be formed through the personal expressed interest of the members and what they want to RP as in the guild. For an example, the Spellbreakers are under development because I've seen a god enoguth interest in quantity to make it potentially work out.
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:20 pm

As long as you don't give up on it.
I'll be helpingz.
Oh and also.
Artemis Dragneel, Lieutenant of the Tower
You may wanna change the Artemis to Gramot!

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Martimos Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:48 pm

what an interesting concept for a guild! All the best for you,guys Very Happy

Martimos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:00 pm

Thanks!  Very Happy 
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:27 pm

let it be known that the post itself is updated based on descisions of how we run the organization as well as lore updates. Our goal is to have a detailed system linked to a backstory uncovered in a long process of RP.
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:23 pm

Great guild.. amazing concept! Good for any mages that may be on the path of corruption! Maybe you could be saved.. just maybe.
Lea
Lea

Character sheet
Name: Lea Parker
Title: The Girl of a Thousand Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:38 pm

Please be patient with me, folks, as this post is to be updated in the future, A LOT more, featuring a clearer description of the system, as well as some OOC knowledge...
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Would be interesting for Maria to find herself surrounding herself in wizardy people... she might just join to kick butt and take names.
Lea
Lea

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:05 pm

you're welcome!
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:12 pm

or i could join on Lady Archmage Fabulous.. ofcourse that is her actual title.. Amelia Johnstone
Lea
Lea

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:24 pm

You won't be liking saying ''Fabulous'' if we are to share our time in the Ordo. Just, really you'll see Wink.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:19 pm

Elder fabulous has NO equal in his fabulousness!
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:19 pm

"Elder Fabulous" clearly hasn't been on a date with Alph'el Bloodwrath yet.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Guys guys.. we all know that Archmage Amelia Johnstone, Master of Cyromancy and Illusion im the most Fantastic, Fabulous and most Flawless Magi in the whole of Azeroth.

Please Note:Jaina is ofc the best but shhhhh!
Lea
Lea

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathyikas/Iffreanna Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:52 pm

All these people laying claim to the title of Fabulous... Maybe a competition to see who is the most fabulous is in order?

Kathyikas/Iffreanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:22 pm

*evil grin*
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Sat May 17, 2014 7:16 am

as not all there is on the post is described in a detail befitting our current state and policy, I shall update this as I have time.
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next