Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order of Saint John - a presentation (OOC)

+12
Shariah
Cid
Lexgrad
Beladon
Ixirar
Vardrek/Burgen
Rmuffn
Sanara
Coppersocket
Izzifix
Krogon Devilstep
Silverstein
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Order of Saint John - a presentation (OOC) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Order of Saint John - a presentation (OOC)

Post by Shariah Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:45 am

What I came to think of.. Doesn't TSS use the Argent Dawn office?
Shariah
Shariah

Character sheet
Name: Shariah A. Longhill
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Order of Saint John - a presentation (OOC) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Order of Saint John - a presentation (OOC)

Post by Amaryl Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:27 am

TSS has never had problems sharing buildings with anyone.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:47 am

More people can use one thing anyway!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstein Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Ok, so now I have taken your advices and changed the name of the order and its story.

The order is now named The Order of Sir Lothar, and it works as before, that we have this Anduin as "role model", or as someone who's deeds we believe in.

The order is still Knight-oriented and works similar to how the old Knight Templar's order worked (or Order of Saint John ofc).

Thank you for your help, I will adress the order again in a new post.

/Silverstein

Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:53 pm

Silverstein wrote:Ok, so now I have taken your advices and changed the name of the order and its story.

The order is now named The Order of Sir Lothar, and it works as before, that we have this Anduin as "role model", or as someone who's deeds we believe in.

The order is still Knight-oriented and works similar to how the old Knight Templar's order worked (or Order of Saint John ofc).

Thank you for your help, I will adress the order again in a new post.

/Silverstein

Lothar wasnt a paladin, nor was he holy in any way.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstein Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:58 pm

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear: I don't want this to be a paladin-order nor a light fanatic order. It's a knight's order and I have named it after a knight.

Thank you.

Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:09 pm

I think Krogon was comparing it to your "Templar" word. Templars are real life Christian knights or w/e. If holy powers existed irl, they'd probably have them.

So he was probably confused by that reference.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstein Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Makes sense, well the same "thinking" as the templar had, like being humble and righteous is what I meant.

/Silver

Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:51 pm

In hindsight, holy or not, you should look up the "order of the horse", the knightly order of which Lothar was head of, stormwinds prime order of chivalry in lore. They also happened to be based in karazhan before medivh moved in, hence all the horse iconology.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Knights used to be a big thing in the Alliance before paladins were, so I don't see why not.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:26 pm

Knights be knights. Templars are more holy themed yes, it's the IRL definition as well so you can't be without a light follower in warcraft theme if you say templar in the end. Giving a story surely made it give more motive and whatnot!

Just curious knightly theme and thinking, but what sort of plans does the order have? Sure jousting (Argent grounds can be used surely!).

Going to move about a bit as well or just stationed more or less in SW. Current goals possibly or whatnot got any yet or working trough it?

EDIT: Though templar is still a fine rank in a knightly order but probably reserved for the faithful in the end or paladins? *Shrug*
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:57 am

John, St John be cool
Tell the people
They follow you
John, St John be cool
Tell the people
They follow you
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2