Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order of Saint John - a presentation (OOC)

+12
Shariah
Cid
Lexgrad
Beladon
Ixirar
Vardrek/Burgen
Rmuffn
Sanara
Coppersocket
Izzifix
Krogon Devilstep
Silverstein
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Order of Saint John - a presentation (OOC) Empty The Order of Saint John - a presentation (OOC)

Post by Silverstein Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:02 pm

The Order of Saint John has reached to Stormwind. We are currently placed in cathedral square (argent dawn sign outside, next to Disciples city hall).

The order is based on the actual Order of Saint John that existed along with the more famous Knight Templar's Order. You can google it or even the Knight Templar's Order since it will be the same way this order will work in the RP. One major thing that will be different from history is that in game, we can't really worship the God as the order did. Neither can we say the order only answers to the Vatican. Hence, we need to worship, for instance, the Light and answer to maybe the king of Stormwind, but that is to figure out.

The order is built up by actual ranks like Knight Hospitallery, Knight Templar, Grand Knight and so on.

The order is in a short a military, idealistic group that will fight for good and smite evil of all kind. Members of the order are not allowed to cloud their minds with prejudice or to draw everyone over one line, its the ACTIONS of someone that may make him evil, not what that someone IS or come from.

If you are interested of joining the order, I still need couple of more recruits. You need to use TotalRP2 RP addon and your character should be somewhat an idealist or at least have a want of becoming one. Also, read up a bit of the history of the Order of Saint John and/or the Knight Templar's Order.

This is not very advanced RP, since I am still new to the RP, I allow people that wants to learn RP to come into the order as well as more experienced.

Whisper Silverstein or Swann in game for more information, you can put a poster here as well but for immidate response, whisper in game.

Best regards /Silverstein

Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The Order of Saint John - a presentation (OOC) Empty Re: The Order of Saint John - a presentation (OOC)

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:07 pm

I'm going to be blunt.

Taking a real world organization and placing it in wow is not a good idea, there are no saints in warcraft lore, and certainly none named john.

I suggest you look into game lore regarding paladins, priests and the holy light before you make a go of this.

Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

The Order of Saint John - a presentation (OOC) Empty Re: The Order of Saint John - a presentation (OOC)

Post by Izzifix Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:23 pm

Under a slightly different title, but with the same ideals and inspiration, I'd argue it's a sound concept. Think "The Argent Onslaught", "The Crimson Covenant" etc.

A minor issue would be that you'd need to look hard to find evil to smite. We don't take to kindly to their kind round these parts.

edit: Some more fresh ideas in my second post here.

Last edited by Berahnek on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:24 pm

That, and looking up the Anethion (spell check?) guys, while the guild's moved to AD- the concept is similar and could be used as a template.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:34 pm

Consider naming your order after an actual in-lore character, such as Alonsus Faol or one of the five first paladins, Uther the Lightbringer, Turalyon or Gavinrad (the two others, Tirion Fordring and Saidan Dathrohan were instrumental in the Argent and Scarlet Crusades, respectively, and thus are probably poor choices).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Thinking about it, some weird "Knights of the Naaru" would be entertaining as well.

Or the "Last Templars of the Titans" for that matter.

Or... "The Order of Elune's Exalted"

Basicly, the game has much more to give in terms of religious beliefs than what the server's been using. By this time in the timeline, I find it completely believable that the faiths of one race could have converted members of other races too. The idea of Knighthood is pretty human in wow, as I see it, but the beliefs of said knights need not be limited to human faiths.

P.S. I don't mean to critisize by this. Just throwing out some ideas for how your concept can work better with the in-game lore.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstein Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:13 pm

Alright, i thank humbly for all of your remarks.

My intention was not to post here for that though, but rather to present that an order of pure knights now exist and also what the order is based on. If you have trouble with the name of the order, the order is probably nothing for you.

I'm not trying to be rude, only to explain why I made the post.

/Silverstein

Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:22 pm

By your own admittance you're new to RP. I suggest you take the advice offered, because otherwise you'll probably end up miserable. A lot of new people make the same mistake of sticking to their guns no matter what, and end up worse off for it.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstein Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:25 pm

Thank you Sanara, I don't have any interest of that discussion, though.

Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Advice is the standard reaction round here I believe.

Unless it's Sophyra/Exaythe posting, in that case we all drool.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstein Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:34 pm

... And I am very thankful for the advices, but the order is here to stay, and I want to present it to RP:ers of Defias Brotherhood.

I guess the name can be justified by "The guardian saint" or something, if that is of great importance for the majority of RP:ers on this server.

Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:37 pm

The what now? I think you're refering to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstein Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Yeah Valestrion told me there is a "Robe of the Guardian Saint", if someone needs to have name justified. But something tells me you are not interested, anyways, so never mind that. Smile

Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and something like 12 other results in wowhead when it comes to items support that notion.

As does [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstein Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:44 pm

Berahnek, does it mean at least some RP:ers on this forum can handle the name in game?

Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:50 pm

I really enjoy your passive aggression over the whole subject. You're showing yourself off as a real star. Dismissing everyone who says anything that you don't necessarily agree with is a nice start for a new RPer. Keep it up. I promise it'll bring you a lot of joy in this community.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:56 pm

@Silver: I have no idea. I can't speak for others. Nor read their minds. The word "Saint" is however used a few times in the game, was what I was getting at.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Coppersocket wrote:I really enjoy your passive aggression over the whole subject. You're showing yourself off as a real star. Dismissing everyone who says anything that you don't necessarily agree with is a nice start for a new RPer. Keep it up. I promise it'll bring you a lot of joy in this community.

Correction. -Any- community.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:00 pm

The bottomline is, "Silverstein".

You -can't- use such references to muck up official lore. The only way to do that is to establish a serverlore concept (and from what I've read you don't seem intent on doing even that). I can tell you have no intentions of entvining your guild with the world of warcraft, you just want some christian templars to run around in a fantasy world.

You should consider turning this around to serverlore (because most of the times serverlore tries to entvine with official lore -without- mucking shit up).

As I said in your other thread. Develop your John a bit more, give him a place in the history and make him a person of warcraft where he fits in. And you should change his name, but that's not necessary IF you pull off a good story for him and thus the guild.

And some people might blame everyone's advice/reactions here as elitist. But trust me, they're not. This is the basic common sense of roleplay in -any- game or setting. If you really are new, accept help and let yourself grow.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:15 pm

Well perhaps you could find a reason to explain why it is called the Order of St John IC'ly? Perhaps a noble paladin defending Citizens fleeing from Lordaeron in the third war? Perhaps a paladin named Sir John the Just? i mean people accepted Anethion with it's Warhammer fantasy and 40k concepts im sure they could accept something that has at least some explanation into why it is named the Order of St John and keep everything else about it?

And tbh i find more passive aggressive behaviour in those replying to Silverstein than Silverstein his/herself, seems like he just declined to re-name his guild to me and the concept of it being about knights which he is perfectly able to do but yes he does need some form of IC justification for it.

Don't think we as Rp'ers can sit here and accept one guild for what it is with taking concepts from other fantasy and sci-fi genre's and then damn the other because it took a reference from a seperate source that being IRL History?

As long as the name is justified and they Roleplay in accoradance with the holy light lore then i am sure it can be perfectly fine?

It's something to just wait and see the worst that can happen is something that in the end is made of pixels and is a game, so keep calm and carry on no?

P.S Ixirar tremble before my 1500 heroicness RRWLRWLRWLRLWRLWLRWLRWLRLWLWLRL

Last edited by Burgen on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:21 pm

I'm cringing so bad Neutral
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:24 pm

Good luck.

And I agree with Burgen, a little info on why it's named The Order of Saint John may ease folks off, though people will still agree/disagree/not be bothered/argue with you.

Oh, and I've told THREE people in your guild.
"THE DISCIPLES DO NOT OWN CITY HALL!"
We just used it as an in city office Smile
Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:32 pm

Lux Vult!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:00 pm

While I am a big fan of Templars and their history (anything about history really, but anyways), I can't help but feel that they are slightly out of place in WoW. Though if you can justify the order both in game- as well as serverlore (like Chapter of Holy Anethion did), I don't really see any issues with the concept as such. Would just be fun to have some Light-fanatics around again to mess about with, talking about Titans etc. Wink 
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverstein Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:27 pm

Oh, thank you all for constructive critisism and in particular Izaa, Burgen and Beladon.

I have gotten an in-game buddy with experience that may help me set up the guild and its history.

Hopefully something good comes out from my post here. I will inform you in a bit.

Take care you all.

Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next