Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IC] The Fallen Blade - 11/1/2014

+13
Littlepip
siegmund
Gesh
Alastir
Rashka
Knell
Doowor
Eve
Killian
Beladon
Izzifix
Ixirar
CrusaderElly
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[IC] The Fallen Blade - 11/1/2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: [IC] The Fallen Blade - 11/1/2014

Post by siegmund Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Thing to keep in mind is not everyone would know this is a cursed blade any commoner or adventurer would see a comet or whatever crash and be curious! Who knows what one would do with this thing once they found it.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

[IC] The Fallen Blade - 11/1/2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: [IC] The Fallen Blade - 11/1/2014

Post by Alastir Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:24 pm

Agreed, But it was purely just a hypothetical idea. To try and get the idea of how the blade would interact with people. To me this could have the very potential to have a player created "Ashbringer" style event. Where a blade corrupted by foul magic can be purified and used against our enemies. Ashrbinger was used against the Lich King. This sword could be used against Demons etc... Was just a thought.

Alastir

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:33 pm

Maybe but you'd then be more going it fighting fire with fire as demon hunters.

Thing is that Ashbringer was more of a shadow vs light (live versus death) thing rather then fel/demonic related.

Edit: Of course it coudl be possible I guess but it's nothing that was good once and is now bad from what I read like Sargerases weapon. So would you just get a normal sword in the end if you "cleansed" it? Who knows. Just some thoughts.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:24 pm

Well, if permitted, I'd love to have a small gathering of Warlocks and ' Open-minded Mages ' go hunting for the Blade to harness it's fel power!

Frostgear, brought it up IC at least.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Alastir Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:37 pm

siegmund wrote:Maybe but you'd then be more going it fighting fire with fire as demon hunters.
Edit: Of course it coudl be possible I guess but it's nothing that was good once and is now bad from what I read like Sargerases weapon. So would you just get a normal sword in the end if you "cleansed" it? Who knows. Just some thoughts.

Sargeras' weapon is a unique case though, Gorshalach was a sentient being. And when Sargeras fell to corruption it shattered its self. This situation would not be the same. However. Your theory on the weapon being normal after it is cleansed may not be the case as with most magic there is a polar opposite. If this is a curse of Despair it could, in theory be purified into fire of hope. There is a difference between Purifying and Cleansing something. As far as i am aware, Fel magic is the most corrupted form of Arcane Magic. So to purify fel magic you would effectively be left with an arcane imbued weapon? (I think...)

If you purify water you don't instantly have no water left. Just clean and not dirty! In this case. Pure and uncorrupted magic.

Last edited by Alastir on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling errors!)

Alastir

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:04 pm

With what would you purify it anyway?
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:11 pm

Doesn't it have to be a holy weapon to begin with? then curropted.. to -then- be purified?
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:18 pm

Got a point there, the blade rather wasn't corupted but cursed, remove the curse you got a normal eredar blade.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:31 pm

I suppose if there's power there, someone could manipulate it yes, but I don't think it could become a holy weapon? maybe a powerful arcane one... I say cut out the middleman and let The Warlocks use it..
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Alastir Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:49 pm

I did say it would be an Arcane Weapon. But the Planet Argus and the Eredar are different to Azeroth. The exact make up of what this weapon could be are endless. As i said the idea could be looked at similarly to the Ashbringer story. About purifying the magic on the weapon.

Eitherway. The story could flow both ways.

Alastir

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Just a question, in what area could people actually see the blade falling? And if its anywhere close to Goldshire..

*Thorvald slowly walks out of the door and stretches up and looks up at the night sky, he quickly notice a star that isn't suppose to be where it is. After a short while of whispering to himself and scratching his head he notice its not a star but a comet!
As the comet breaks trough the atmosphere a loud explosion can be heard, and after that he sees it flying into the distance landing somewhere unknown for him.*

If its to the North..

*Bavragor sits down and stares at the fountain wiping away a tear falling from his eyes, the land is silent and only the ocational roar from a distant mountain lion or the sound of another dwarf cheering loudly from the inn behind him breaks the silence.
Bavragor suddenly looks up as he hears a loud explosion in the sky, he notice the comet soaring trough the air and lands somewhere in the distance. Bavragor quickly jumps of and yells after John, however suddenly he was sitting there in the first place. Instead he walks inside the tavern and start writing a letter to Thorvald.*
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:05 am

@Alastir You need to remember that the Ashbringer was created from a mysterious crystal found on the body of an Orc Warlock. The crystal would react to whatever energy was used on it, turning Holy if that was used on it, or turning corrupted if Shadow was used on it, which is how the Ashbringer was able to have a duality so to speak, and have a use both corrupted and uncorrupted. Yvaleth's blade, on the other hand, is nothing so complex. Granted, if it were purged of the curse it carries that works to slowly bind the holder to her will, it could be used, but the powers it holds would always be fel, and if that was totally purified, it would be a normal sword IF it actually survives being so intensely purified.

@Thorvald The blade would fall somewhere near Blackrock Mountain, so everyone north and south may see it!
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:16 am

Well.. *Pulls up his fancy pants and heavy armor* Seems like I will be going on an adventure on Saturday!

Its mine I say mine! My.. Precious *Grin*
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:06 pm

Adventure?

Did somebody say... -

ADVENTUUUUUUREEEE!

The blade will belong to the braves! I'll pawn it to the highest bidder for booze money. How's that for a neutral party!

---

On the actual blade: I wouldn't bother too much about the technicalities of how it became magical or what power its enchantments. Magical weapons and cursed blades are staples of the Warcraft universe! Just give it whatever qualities will make for the most exciting or coveted price for people to fight over. If that means giving it fabulous qualities, a mysterious origin and a terrible curse...I say go for it! Don't worry about the details. Those always have a way of falling into place. The most important part is the adventure itself!

A mad rat-race for a magical weapon is right up the Band's alley! I am hoping for some Whacky Racers shenanigans, with each little group trying to delay and/or hinder the others to reach the finish line first!

---

[IC]

An elderly Pandaren sat meditating under a particularily scenic Stranglethorn waterfall when all of a sudden his concentration is broken by a rather rude coment causing quite the rumble overhead!

"Great rolling barrels of ale!" shouted the pandaren, his voice wrought with equal thrill and excitement, "A mysterious comet, emanating an unmistakeably evil malice...Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd reckon this smelled of adventure...! Oh yes! Theadore will surely want to hear about this..."

The pandaren packs his cute little knapsacks and makes his way to wherever the Brave are currently adventuring. One thing's for sure: where there's adventure to be had, coin to be earned and evil to be smitten - the Band of the Brave will be the first to answer the call!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:05 pm

Were going to create a war just about this blade! So many people going for it, only one can hold it and become an evil, corrupt mastermind with someone whispering in your head! This, is, epic!
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:27 pm

You're not exactly the mastermind if somebody else is controlling you.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:56 pm

Champion of [Insert name of Demon]
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:50 pm

Thorvald wrote:Champion of [Insert name of Demon]

Yvaleth.

*cough*
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:33 pm

The blade shall be cleansed!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Not it shall not! *Takes off his gloves of the champion and slaps Erwtenpeller!*
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:21 pm

Sort of update: Gametime ran out on the account with Yvaleth on. Contact me through BattleTag, PM me here, or on Auralia or Miseryy.

As a reminder, it'd really really help me if any of you that want to come make it totally unequivocally clear that you would do, rather than expressing ambiguous interest. I need you on the calendar to get an idea of scale, yo!
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnivil Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:50 am

You guys can expect to see Gnivil here on Saturday  Wink
Gnivil
Gnivil

Character sheet
Name: Gnivil
Title: Grand-Warden of the Eventide Vanguard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:17 pm

Skyfall: Tonight at approximately 23:00, the blade fell from the sky near Blackrock Mountain, capturing the intrigue of people across the Eastern Kingdoms. Allegedly now in the hands of Blackrock Orcs, none of whom have yet to dare place their bare flesh upon it. Will tomorrow see it a new owner?
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:08 pm

Where do we actually start the event, or is it free for everyone?
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:18 pm

Thorvald wrote:Where do we actually start the event, or is it free for everyone?

That's a good question and no I totally didn't totally forget to mention it anywhere...

Event info: Any would-be sword claimers would soon find it not only in the possession of Blackrock Orcs, but they definitely aren't in the mood for sharing it. One might hear through the grapevine however, or even find out themselves, a bold adventurer armed with rusty equipment and a heap of ingenuity plans to snatch it from under the Orc's noses tonight. Perhaps tagging along wouldn't be such a bad idea?
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next