Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IC] The Fallen Blade - 11/1/2014

+13
Littlepip
siegmund
Gesh
Alastir
Rashka
Knell
Doowor
Eve
Killian
Beladon
Izzifix
Ixirar
CrusaderElly
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[IC] The Fallen Blade - 11/1/2014 Empty [IC] The Fallen Blade - 11/1/2014

Post by Adry Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:42 am

Many years ago, the Battle of Mount Hyjal spelled the defeat once again of the Legion, and the triumph of the united peoples of Azeroth against the minions of the Destroyer of Worlds. Not all of said minions however, were to prove as inactive as some. Deep within the recesses of the Twisting Nether, one of the Eredar, a powerful Herald of the Burning Legion, turned her despair into hatred, and her hatred into malice. Taking to hand her trusty weapon, a formidable blade of Eredar origins, enchanted and shaped to be the perfect tool of great maledictory intent, she tempered the blade with her malice, empowered it with her hatred, and cursed it with her despair. Summoning her might, she cast the blade through the roiling space of the Nether.

Having soared for many years, traversing the spaces between spaces, flying like a comet through the Nether and into the Great Dark Beyond, the blade has finally reached its target. In the middle of an Azerothian night, the blade makes landfall, casting a briliant amber trail across the sky as it plummets to its resting place. The impact slowed by some magical evanescence, leaving it partially embedded in its point of impact. The wildlife know not to touch it, for it does not belong, yet it waits for the time when a mortal soul dares to take it to hand, and willingly or unwillingly embrace the curse it carries, the curse of Yvaleth the Maledict.

The Blade is claimed: After being wrestled from the cold dead hands of a Blackrock Warlock, the Blade has a new owner. Rhia "Shadow" Nyoma, last seen riding away from the scene with Thorvald, wielding her new blade. Yvaleth has a new Champion...

OOC: Thanks for all the support everyone! The event had an amazing turn-out of 25 people, and (I'm told at least!) it was good fun! And thus, Yvaleth's plans advance. MUAHAHAHAHAH!

Last edited by Adry on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:07 am; edited 14 times in total
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

[IC] The Fallen Blade - 11/1/2014 Empty Re: [IC] The Fallen Blade - 11/1/2014

Post by CrusaderElly Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:25 am

So I don't know exactly what infos you need so I'll just.. Type stuff.. Hope I don't get many typos. Gash it's late.

Eylesaë Silvershade is a night elven death knight, like 300y+ish, can't remember the exact number. Already a saddistic nature while she was alive, this feature only worsened as she was tortured and eventually turned to an undead. When freed from the Lich King's grasp, little remained of her sanity and she turned down the Ebon Blade, thinking they were too restrictive and they did not understand 'the gift' she had been given - power as well as immortality.

Being shunned by her family, basically her entire race and many others, she became all the more bitter, only sharing 'affection' with her sister and to a minor extent, the knight Alastir. Remaining mostly neutral, she performs mercenary work for whoever pays most. Her thirst for blood is satisfied either by killing orcs, assassinating folks when paid for it, or kidnapping and torturing randoms because why not.

Having little to no trust in the world anymore, she shys away from little as long as she can reach her goal. She'll get what she wants, no matter how long it takes or how many lives need to be endangered. She is always looking for new ways to gain more powr, as she is afraid she will otherwise perish. She's also worried about her physical form, as her skin is slowly starting to decay despite her so-called-immortality and her attempts to keep herself in shape.

Currently, she is hidden somewhere in Elwynn, sometimes showing up in Stormwind, sometimes travelling, as she is plotting for ways to take revenge on various guilds within the city walls: the Stormwind Regiment for locking her up once in prison and 'denying' her that which she desired, the Forlorn Cartel for betraying her and the Disciples for cleansing her shadow curse.

Also bump for an awesome idea.
CrusaderElly
CrusaderElly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:57 am

Somewhere in the Hillsbrad region, in the impressive Nighthammer residence, shrouded within the mountains, a restless nobleman spots the unnatural "comet" make fall across the skies. He'd observed many perculiar things in his life, yet something in his guts was telling him that this one carried more significance than most. Realising that idle planning is futile if he wishes to claim the secrets of this event, Kavalis immediately sets out to locate the artifact. Perhaps this one might afford him the powers to bring his newest schemes to completion.

OOC:

Dibs on sword. There. Mine. Gimme.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:44 am

No dibs! Can't you see the no dibs sign?! *slap*

In all seriousness though, I'll give it maybe a week or so? Then I'll decide which lucky contestent wins the sword of a lifetime!
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:42 am

Make an event out of it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:25 pm

The hunt for the Unholy Grail is on!

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:33 pm

@Cerik, I don't see much point in an event for what will only turn out to be one person finding a sword.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:40 pm

Kavalis will be actively chasing down the bladewielder if he doesn't get it himself, anyways.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Unholy Grail? Heresy! Destroy it and it's foul wielder!
Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:49 pm

Adry wrote:@Cerik, I don't see much point in an event for what will only turn out to be one person finding a sword.

Unless it's more than one person and an epic relic hunt which culminates in a clash between those hunting for the sword?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:58 pm

Cerik Ironforge wrote:
Adry wrote:@Cerik, I don't see much point in an event for what will only turn out to be one person finding a sword.

Unless it's more than one person and an epic relic hunt which culminates in a clash between those hunting for the sword?

This. Do this, please.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Killian Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:12 am

Hmmm....Si:7 research & development wing could look into this. I like where this could head!
Killian
Killian

Character sheet
Name: Killian Roque
Title: Si:7 Operative

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:49 am

Update: Due to popular demand this is becoming a pseudo-event. Could anyone interested (be you guild leader/officer bringing multiple people or someone coming on your own) please get in contact with me, either here through a post or PM, or ingame on Yvaleth or Auralia, or even add my battletag, then I'll add your name to the list.

No date planned as of yet. Keep checking for updates.

Last edited by Adry on Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eve Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:57 am

Cerik Ironforge wrote:

I expect this to be done.

I expect this to be done now.
Eve
Eve

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:03 pm

Would it be possible to have some knowledge of who eventually ends up with this blade like via a rumour or something. The Disciples would very keen on finding and destroying this artifact.
Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:38 pm

Beladon wrote:Would it be possible to have some knowledge of who eventually ends up with this blade like via a rumour or something. The Disciples would very keen on finding and destroying this artifact.

Of course. I doubt whoever manages to grab the blade will go unnoticed by everyone else vying for it! Know what'd be a great plot twist though? If a Disciple were to take it  Twisted Evil
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doowor Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:20 pm

A strange blade you say? That the Disciples want? Well I think Doowor would just have to take it first.
Doowor
Doowor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Knell Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:48 pm

A demonic blade of monstrous power?

I do believe Knell would be keenly interested in obtaining such an artifact. For... study...yes definitely for perfectly innocent study. No evil power-mongering here. Smile 
Knell
Knell

Character sheet
Name: Knell
Title: Herald of the Black Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:53 pm

A Hordie! Hnng, that makes things difficult, and raises an important issue. How can it be an event with both Alliance and Horde welcome, what with the comminication problems. Any thoughts?
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Knell Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:18 pm

There are plenty of events that include both Alliance and Horde, of course most of those are RPPVP and if you don't want to turn this into a semi-RPPVP thingy that's fine. I can stay out of it no problem. I just thought it'd be a bit of fun.

(To be completely honest, I utterly forgot this was an Alliance-only thing! >_<)
Knell
Knell

Character sheet
Name: Knell
Title: Herald of the Black Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:31 pm

Well I didn't want it to be Alliance only initially (and still don't!), but what with it now becoming an event it'll be harder to keep it open to Horde. But don't worry, I'll do my best to squeeze you in, even if you decline out of politeness (too late now for you to escape, muahahaha).
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:39 am

I need to know more of this blade, yes, yesss... (Though I doubt Jas would trade it for her ring.. I wants to know moar!)
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:05 am

Update 2: Date set for Saturday, January 11th, 21:00 server time.

This is NOT an absolute final date, for now I wish to just get the event on the calendar up and see how many people can make it before making anything final.

To request a calendar invite, get in contact with me either here or ingame.

Could any Horde wishing to get involved please add my BattleTag in my signature so we can sort something out.

If you are attending and wish to actually claim the blade as your own, get yourself a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or whatever cool looking sword you want to use for it. You never know, it might be you that gets it!

Edit: Date finalised. See you on saturday!

Last edited by Adry on Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adry
Adry

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

[IC] The Fallen Blade - 11/1/2014 Empty What about the Aftermath?!

Post by Alastir Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:40 pm

Hey guys, Got an hypothetical idea... Not sure if anyone would be interested in exploring it.

When i read this post my immediate thoughts was - What if a neutral party got their hands on it. Someone who is not as light driven as the Disciples or consider them selves to be evil... but truly neutral. I know i am not pushing my own Paladin's guild for the Lost Order or his religion and i don't want to try and say i want to do this because its not my event and i don't want to impose.

But This is what i know, The Eredar are -Not- the be all and end all of power. And as a group the mortal races have already defeated one of the more powerful Eredar that existed. By banding together in the war against the legion Archimonde was defeated. Surely as a group united by a neutral party this weapon could, In time... And at a cost be purified of its curse.

I guess i thought that once the event to claim the sword was over if someone who was neutral enough and strong enough to realise what it is at the beginning could set in motion a council or Order or... Something official sounding to pull together the strongest of all magic types in order to find a way to purify the Eredar weapon of his evil curses and use it as a weapon to defend our own planet.

An example would be, Using my own character and his belief as a template for what i am trying to get across.

In Short, The Lost Order, Is the last stand of a religious order known as the Hand of the Pantheon. The Hand was formed to find weapons and technology the Titans left behind to form a defense against the Legion should they return to rage a war over Azeroth again.

This weapon would have been in the hands of a Man'ari, An Eredar corrupted and used by the Burning Legion so it would already be of some interest in reclaiming this artifact. "Fight fire with fire" type deal. Now once Alastir would pick up the sword he would immediately feel its power. While trying to fight its influence (And eventually failing) he would try to find a way to remove the power that flows over the sword.

Not sure what you guys would think about pulling something like that off. Of course its up to the author of the event but it could make for an interesting chain of events following the inevitable war that would unfold trying to get their hands on it.

[IC]

Alastir would look to the sky as the "comet" flew over head, Recognizing the power immediately as demonic and of Legion origin he would try to track down its landing sight.
Is this it, Is this their first move on Azeroth again?

[OOC]

P.S. - I'm not offering to do this i was just a thought, an idea to try and get the feel of what this weapon is capable of... Its potential...

Alastir

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:15 pm

Someones alerted Wyrmfury about this.. The Warlocks are watching...
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next