Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

+66
Coppersocket
Zinkle Figgins
Charlie Blazesong
erwtenpeller
Izzifix
Ruby
Theodoric
Manathon
Gesh
Terenus
Fyffe
Salketh
Elrua
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Tantzui
Iriel Silversong
Officer High Morale
Teebo
Sohan
Bakar
Paia/Jenit
Azmariel
Zouyo
Littlepip
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Odgan / Keag
Rmuffn
Kittrina
Rargnasha
Ledgic
Shanyuan
Mozrogg Doomhowl
Maelmoor
siegmund
Grim
Gilran
Hermie
Lini
Beladon
Raelan
Zaraj
Helmut
Drustai
Krogon Devilstep
Allonia_Miral
Sarandus
Siaer
Ave/Sariella
Buren
Antistia
Raenmar
Anivitas
Cid
Lavian
Melnerag
Ralegh
Flo
Grufftoof
Amaryl
Vaell
Ixirar
Skarain
Lexgrad
Thelos
Muzjhath
The Z
70 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:30 pm

Game design seems like a pretty ungrateful job overall, if you ask me. As fun as it may seem to make a job out of your hobby, I wouldn't want to get involved in it myself. Too much complaining involved.

OT: I like what I've seen as far as the models go so far. Though I'm a bit concerned the orc conversion isn't as one-on-one as the others are (red eyes turn into yellow, etc.). Plus, seeing the female human models side by side, I just can't help but wonder how we've been able to put up with these horribly simple models for all this time. Hurray for bulky armour I guess.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Warlords of Draenor - General Discussion

Post by Lexgrad Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:57 pm

How exactly would one make a non sexist female model for a game? Does that mean it must be fat or ugly?

Honestly, my feelings on Feminism is somewhat mixed, but at least some of them go and try to fix stuff that needs fixing, things that could make the world a better place. Blizz do not hate their female customers, they most likely see us all as wallets and only listen to us enough to offer a quantum of balm to keep us paying.

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:04 pm

Lexy, just because one idiot says something stupid on the internet does not make it representative of an entire political/social movement. Otherwise...well, fuck, the world would be screwed.

At any rate I tried searching and the only comments to these lines I could find was someone claiming they were trying to draw back the perverts by parading the human female around in her undies, which is daft because for one, all of the models are being shown without clothing, to show the base model changes, and two, that male gnome was clearly the sexiest, I mean.

Spoiler:

COME ON
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:09 pm

The gnome makes me want to puke XD But yeah Kitt, if it was only just the one idiot XD. When they didnt show the Female models it was sexist when they do its sexist, if you think like that just dont play the game.

Then again, that was just a taste, Nelf Females are coming!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:46 pm

Just look at the gnomes little pudgy belly <3 this is why gnomes always are, and always will be, cute little fellas.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:50 pm

I actually like the new human female models.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Middle face in the lower tier. That one sold me.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:41 pm

It's all the same face! xD
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:19 am

Maybe not as related, but considering hints we'll learn some more in WoD about the light. Here is another Nobbel vid!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:17 am

That human female face sort of looks like Fiona O'Shaugnassy who was my sort-of mental model for Kitt anyway (And that's the face they're showing updated) so I'm sort of happy:

Spoiler:

just amusing co-incidence Razz
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:29 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:It's all the same face! xD

Yes, but that particular angle and hairstyle is that which made me like the new model.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:32 am

Since this is sort of the 'WoW general thread' now...

Yay! Infographs!:

Isn't that something?

And isn't it pretty?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:44 am

Good read to start the morning Smile
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:59 pm

Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:09 pm

That's excellent. <3 Metzen
Ruby
Ruby

Character sheet
Name: Ruby Darkheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:08 pm

Arenas
Arenas didn't fit the game as well back in Burning Crusade, as classes weren't designed to be balanced for 1v1 or 2v2 in PvP then, but things are better now.
The arena history stats were removed from armory because they took up a lot of storage space and weren't used by many players. It might be possible to add some sort of history for Trial of the Gladiator.
Solo queue arena is something the developers are looking at, but there are several challenges that would have to be overcome before it was possible. (The number of players for each role isn't balanced, having to queue until you find a decent group to play with, randomly created comps that aren't great, etc)
The developers are aware that some players want skirmishes back, but the development time needed would take away from time spent on something else. Being able to do arenas without consequences would be nice though.
Arena prep times might be slightly too long.

PvP
Patches involve an initial overhead no matter how many changes are in them, so more frequent patches to address PvP balance would slow down the creation and addition of new content.
Hotfixes can also be used to help with balance and are much easier to do.
Rapid changes are hard to keep up with, and small tweaks don't have a large impact on PvP, so these aren't the best ways to handle changes.
Allowing people to solo queue for things greatly increases the participation rate, but it also increases toxic behavior. Hopefully the Group Finder in Warlords of Draenor will make it easier to find groups to do PvP with.

Warlords of Draenor PvE
The developers realize that there is still an audience for Burning Crusade level difficulty Heroic dungeons. Challenge modes were designed to be harder content, but the focus is on speed and not as much on having to use as much CC, so they don't capture the essence of Burning Crusade era Heroics.
One idea that came up for Warlords of Draenor was offering a chance of LFR level rewards for completing hard dungeons with a deliberate pace. This would give players that wanted more challenging content a way to do harder content with friends and still be rewarded well.

Mythic dungeons are also a possibility for the future, though none are planned right now.
Warlords of Draenor raid bosses will continue to use a mix of familiar raid mechanics, new raid mechanics, and new tech to create interesting encounters. Siegecrafter Blackfuse is an example of a boss that combined familiar mechanics to make a fresh encounter.

Warlords of Draenor Misc
Warlords of Draenor has a harder and darker story than Mists of Pandaria did.
Warlords of Draenor improves the questing experience by showing the main story line in each zone on your UI and encouraging exploration. Outdoor content that isn't based on daily quests but still allows some progression will also help.
The guild finder tools need an update, but it isn't likely to happen for Warlords of Draenor. Being able to do more things cross-realm will allow guilds to try out or find new members.
There are no plans for going free to play right now, as they are happy with the current business model.
There will be more expansions after Warlords of Draenor.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:03 am

Oh god, my stomach. Hahahah
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:36 am

Well that's... certainly a thing.

... I admit I was hoping for gratuitous fanservice upskirt shots. Oh well.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Manathon Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I approve of this new draenei stuff.
Manathon
Manathon

Character sheet
Name: Manathon Oakshadow
Title: Druid with beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:44 pm

An article on garrisons' artwork: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Zinkle Figgins on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Yeah, they look good. No surprises there!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:19 pm

Now, I've known about this tools' existance, but not it's name or what it could actually do. This is pretty damn cool.

Also, you want to watch this. Really good watch
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:03 am

Defo gonna be a September release, isn't it?
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:34 am

Nothing is certain with the Blizz.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrua Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 am

Hey Copper, any idea is that FFS affects FPS ect in a great manner, or if its just similar to normal Addons in that aspect?
Elrua
Elrua

Character sheet
Name: Zryse
Title: Earthmender / Primal / Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next