Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Shattered World: Dwarf Fortress Tales (LP/Narrative)

Go down

A Shattered World: Dwarf Fortress Tales (LP/Narrative) Empty A Shattered World: Dwarf Fortress Tales (LP/Narrative)

Post by Ironherald Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:55 pm

So about a month ago I began a project that is effectively a Dwarf Fortress diary, but de facto is a half-LP ("Let's Play", those dreaded words! worry not, this isn't some youtube get-rich scheme by two 12-year old boys) half-narrative story that I've been writing, aided by a catalog of screenshots to show people what's going on in the story. I originally did not intend to share it, but it's taken such a long time that it seems wasteful not to put it out on the internet somewhere. I was intending to post in on The Three Hammers forum, however it does not have the forum tools that this website has so it'll be easier to stick it up here first.

So, I'm going to be uploading it here. The first tale has been completed in true Dwarf Fortress style, unexpectedly ending with lots of blood. It'll take a while to upload all of it so I won't be able to complete it in one sitting so consider this WIP.

For those interested I'm using the Lazy Newb Pack and Pheobus Tileset. I've explained things as best I can, assuming the reader is not familiar with Dwarf Fortress. For those who ARE familiar with DF, I've made the world 5 years old, large with high savagery, high hostility and high mineral occurrence. Prepare yourselves for a wall of text and adventure! Let me know what you think!
Prologue:

Tale 1: Dwarven Fortress Limuloslan, Goldenwind.

Arrival:

Last edited by Ironherald on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:39 am; edited 5 times in total
Ironherald
Ironherald

Character sheet
Name: Grolfingir Ironherald
Title: Goroth

Back to top Go down

A Shattered World: Dwarf Fortress Tales (LP/Narrative) Empty Re: A Shattered World: Dwarf Fortress Tales (LP/Narrative)

Post by Ironherald Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Year 1 Season 1:

Year 1 Season 2:

Year 1 Season 3:
Year 1 Season 4:

Year 1 Lore:

Year 2 Season 1:
Year 2 Season 2:

Year 2 Season 3:

Conclusion:

Last edited by Ironherald on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ironherald
Ironherald

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

A Shattered World: Dwarf Fortress Tales (LP/Narrative) Empty Re: A Shattered World: Dwarf Fortress Tales (LP/Narrative)

Post by Ironherald Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Tale 2: The Dwarven Fortress Zugobavuz, Grandmine. (Incomplete, Discontinued)

Part 1:

Last edited by Ironherald on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:59 pm; edited 8 times in total
Ironherald
Ironherald

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironherald Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Part 2:

Last edited by Ironherald on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
Ironherald
Ironherald

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironherald Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Unfortunately due to an issue with my laptop I lost the save files for this play-through, so despite wanting to resume I'll be unable to. I'll leave this up though so anyone can read and perhaps be inspired to try the game! Or just play a Dwarf. As for the unresolved story, I like to imagine the Dwarves went on to live long and peaceful lives and at no point were horribly murdered.

Perhaps I'll write more now that the new Dwarf Fortress update is live, however it seems unlikely as its very time consuming to transcribe. This also is perhaps not the ideal location for such a play-through, although I found the forum tools are very useful.

Still, if anyone ever has any questions just give me a poke!
Ironherald
Ironherald

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironherald Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:28 pm

*Edit* Sadly this third story never materialised, maybe in future!
Ironherald
Ironherald

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down