Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Tale of the Suppressed - Old serverlore, and for the interest of Dark RP'ers

+16
Izzifix
Littlepip
Rohim
Andrek
Zaraj
Beladon
Lexgrad
Thondalar Stormleaf
Allonia_Miral
siegmund
Paia/Jenit
Jeanpierre
Drustai
Thelos
Iriel Silversong
Skarain
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[A] The Tale of the Suppressed - Old serverlore, and for the interest of Dark RP'ers Empty [A] The Tale of the Suppressed - Old serverlore, and for the interest of Dark RP'ers

Post by Skarain Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:25 pm

The Tale of the Suppressed.

The tale of Light and Shadow of men begin long long ago, when the humans yet lived side by side with the nature. One point a wounded man was brought back to camp, injured by some animal within the forest. His brother, panicked and horrified slammed his hands onto the chest of his brother. At this bond, the brother's hands begin to glow and slowly shut the wound. This was the birth of the Light of men. Beautiful, yes, and it blessed the race of men with powers they never could have imagined. Few mastered this new gift from the gods. But powers equals to the gods drove many to madness, proclaiming themselves as gods walking amongst men. They became rulers, slavers if not worse. The 'ungifted' became suppressed beneath the hands of those who would later be called "Lightdogs" by those that would opposed them. The suppressed eventually tried to escape, to flee. Few managed without being taken by the holy hands of death. The few who managed to escape grouped up and set living where they knew they could keep away from the burning rays of the Light... in the Shadows. From their rage, fear and suppression a new form of powers arose. A dark force that was very destructive, and so was the Shadow born.

Soon enough, both sides had brought up kingdoms of their own. The "Wielders of Light" though, fearing the might of the Shadow quickly raised an army, claiming that those who lived among darkness were evil incarnate. And thus, a war begun. The Light surely heals wounds better, but the Shadows open them most effectively. The war took many long years and a horrific amount of deaths, deaths that was blamed on the Shadows, the once again, suppressed. Eventually, the last known order of shadows was slaughtered, and the people were long forgotten, faded from the memory of people. The kingdom of the Wielders of Light believed that they were all extinct but they couldn't be more wrong.

Generations later the Shadows were still wielded at several places of the world. One day a group of dark riders appeared in the southern regions of the Stormwind kingdom. These men were known as ”The Riders of Karazhan” and were all the legacy of the suppressed. Their purpose, to protect and avenge their fallen kin wronged generations ago by the "Lightdogs". To this very day the echoes of the Riders roam and crave for vengeance for all the souls slain by the wielders of Light.

From the Riders of Karazhan two new orders were born. The Hand of Nightmare and The Dark Sphere. From their shadow several new orders were born, but after decades of constant threat from the Light, few remained, hid in midst of shadows. One family have recently stood up again, a family that has never given up and still protects those suppressed by the Light and will ever seeks to avenges their fallen ancestors. "The Serpent Academy" is one of the last living legacy of the Suppressed, and they will never let down their legacy or let the knowledge of their kin to be lost, disappear into the echoes of time.

-----------------------------

The tale that is unknown to many, this is a short version of the fan-lore created years ago by the creators of Riders of Karazhan/The Dark Speher/Hand of Nightmares, all being dark/cultist guilds of past with near legendary stature, which legacy still linger in the deep misstrust and discrimination of Shadow-wielders on the roleplaying scene of Defias Brotherhood.

The Serpent Academy, following the same lore created so long time ago, makes their existence known by this post. This is not a recruitment thread, merely a statement of "We are here, we exist, and as an Academy focus on teaching depth in different magic schools, providing a sort of Roleplaying hub and community with high values on the immersion for the Darker kind of characters, both for those within and outside the guild"

As non-canon lore, The Serpent Academy does not expect everyone to follow or believe in it but least respect their choice, freedom of creativity and their unique concept, as unique as the Chapter of Holy Anethion was among the Light community.

As a closing note, you can come after us, but do not expect walking away unharmed if your intentions are unfriendly. We are enemies in the eyes of the Light, and that goes well to us, that is our concept after all. All we ask from you is to share an equal ground and standpoint, and be prepared to be harmed in turn if you seek to hunt and kill us down like the Wielders of Light of the story did.

-----------------------------

Unrelated, yet related link, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], a reoccurring underworld gathering.

((Post made by request of a friend who provided the information but is not exactly a forum-person.
I am not in major part with anything related to this at all, merely the forum-contact person))

EDIT: The player have move to Argent Dawn. This project is abandoned.

Last edited by Inran/Skarain on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:47 am; edited 3 times in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

[A] The Tale of the Suppressed - Old serverlore, and for the interest of Dark RP'ers Empty Re: [A] The Tale of the Suppressed - Old serverlore, and for the interest of Dark RP'ers

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:15 pm

(Might I ask, is any part of this post IC? Is the tale anywhere to be seen, or is it merely OOC information?)
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

[A] The Tale of the Suppressed - Old serverlore, and for the interest of Dark RP'ers Empty Re: [A] The Tale of the Suppressed - Old serverlore, and for the interest of Dark RP'ers

Post by Skarain Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:00 pm

(The post is OOC. The tale is written in the form it was told during a session of roleplaying, with minor edit for typos and terminology. The tale in it's fullest is not available anywhere IC outside a small group of people, because there are so few people living who knows the tale.

What information may be available, is the legacy of the three guilds mentioned, that they existed in Duskwood/Deadwind area, but it's been several years since the last one of them was defeated... or so they thought, at least. One can try follow the whispered rumors of those orders, and their mysterious past. Where that search ends, that is not in my knowledge. Who knows? Maybe the lands still hold marks of their existence if one searches deep into empty and forgotten grounds where the Light cannot reach? ((whisper me ingame if one would follow such rumors))

There is some IC work being done regarding the information though. One person is IC writing a book about it, which may yet to appear on the Black Market. Who knows?)
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:09 am

Ah, so this is what he is up to.

He's not the last TDSer around but one of the few ones for sure!

To add, this is also slightly inaccurate. Andrek, nor any of his followers are dead IC. They sure as hell stopped playing, but Ataris the Soulblighter's apprentice roams free still as far as I know. Ondius walks the realm as well, not entirely as Ondius but he's still around and so does Mordazan, two former darkmasters right there as well, oh and good ole' Vyrinn. Zaraj looks like he's been away but he was around at the start of summer at least.

The Serpent Academy isn't really the last surviving legacy, it's strongly debatable, while I like the individual behind this I think this is a leap too far in terms of 'successor' organization. It's more of an off-shoot that's loosely related with one ex-member being in it.

Last edited by Vangrel Lansire on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:09 am

Coven of the Rose
(Will pass information soon)
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:48 am

Ahh, so the story itself is IC, but the post is OOC?  Okay.  I was going to say, it's quite off from the TDS/HoN history I'd been told, which was quite a cool tale.  Wonder if it's around anywhere.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:38 am

@Vangrel: I have made a slight change in the wording to better fit to the truth, that they're not the 'only' but surely 'one of the few' that remain.

@Feral: Correct. The tale is IC or least in a view that "it happend", but the post is OOC. Another kind of post of IC concept and of more available visibility could be made for the future.

A tale or legend can be told in a thousand ways. This was one of many, but i went with the information that i was provided. I was not myself part of those guilds, sadly, so i can't tell the story by my own words.

If it differs from the story you've been told Feral, you're more than welcome to share your version of it, taking us one step closer from "Tale" to "Truth".
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:55 am

I'm not very fond of cultists making up silly lore to make the shadows appear less evil and all of that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], 's what I say.

So I'll just steer clear of it all. o/
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:03 pm

I think it's not about playing shadow is evil or good....
It depends on different beliefs you base your power on and that there's in fact groups of individuals with different thoughts .

There's so many possibilities
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:15 pm

I shan't be baited into a debate!

I wish everyone role-playing with this rich history a good time! Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:26 pm

Iriel Silversong wrote:I think it's not about playing shadow is evil or good....
Inran wrote:Few mastered this new gift from the gods [the Light]. But powers equals to the gods drove many to madness, proclaiming themselves as gods walking amongst men. They became rulers, slavers if not worse. The 'ungifted' became suppressed beneath the hands of those who would later be called "Lightdogs" by those that would opposed them. The suppressed eventually tried to escape, to flee. Few managed without being taken by the holy hands of death.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Keep in mind that the story is not necessarily true. It's likely just a story given by the group to justify itself, rather than something we would consider actual history OOCly.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Drustai wrote:Keep in mind that the story is not necessarily true. It's likely just a story given by the group to justify itself, rather than something we would consider actual history OOCly.
That's what I mean by beliefs and inviduals after all it happens in real life a sects or leaders
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Drustai wrote:Keep in mind that the story is not necessarily true. It's likely just a story given by the group to justify itself, rather than something we would consider actual history OOCly.
This distinction does not exist in role-play.

Only in the discussing of role-play does it come in to play.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Why did you roleplay with the Chapter of Holy Anethion whom had a similar player crafted history funnily enough originally written by the same person?

The Riders of Karazhan have vague lore around them, and the original Dark Sphere wrote lore to compliment them, I don't think they ever advertised it as the one and holy gospel. For all we know, the riders that TDS interacted with could have been other players, or NPC's to forward their own story devices.

DB is a realm well known for custom lore crafting. This being by far, the least worst of all the custom lore thus far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:Why did you roleplay with the Chapter of Holy Anethion whom had a similar player crafted history funnily enough originally written by the same person?

The Riders of Karazhan have vague lore around them, and the original Dark Sphere wrote lore to compliment them, I don't think they ever advertised it as the one and holy gospel. For all we know, the riders that TDS interacted with could have been other players, or NPC's to forward their own story devices.

DB is a realm well known for custom lore crafting. This being by far, the least worst of all the custom lore thus far.

I never approved of the Holy Chapter of Anethion either. I never made a secret of that.

Why did I still role-play with them?

Because that was the server reality. You can't deny something that is directly in your face.

That doesn't mean I particularily approved it or enjoyed it, however.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:39 pm

I liked the story actually.. It's IC, so it doesn't hurt portraying yourself as the suppressed (by righteousness and justice). I mean.. it is a breach of one's liberty to prevent one from slaying people by the millions Very Happy

I liked the story.. And it immediately made me thing of these "Wielders of Light". What if they wouldn't just be a name, but an actual organisation? Like a covert group that functions within the Church of the Light?
And that had me think.. perhaps we could make such a group as a "forum group". That is to say, we only RP out their meetings through stories on the forum, with fictive names. It might add a little extra to the whole.

Consider it like a cut-scene in a game, where you see your enemies curse and discuss how to react to the coming of the hero in the storyline. For example Neverwinter nights, where a tyrannical leader decides to punish his servant for failing to kill the hero.
Except we'd turn around the roles... This time it would be the good guys who convene and discuss the problems at hand with new signs of trouble. Whether this leads to IC action in the game is an entirely different matter.. and something left to the people playing it.

One wouldn't need to RP a light character even, to take part. Heck.. one can invoke plots or add mystery to a situation.

Anyhow.. When it comes to Light vs Shadow or good vs evil, I find that interaction is too often limited to conflicts. This is expected considering the natural hatred for one another, but it leaves little room for exposing our roleplay behind it. Perhaps such a forum group could help us bring more story to the table, for both sides, without needing to cut down on the conflict.
One could work with this concept and add to it, by increasing the RP around it..

----

One note:

Inran/Skarain wrote:
As a closing note, you can come after us, but do not expect walking away unharmed if your intentions are unfriendly. We are enemies in the eyes of the Light, and that goes well to us, that is our concept after all. All we ask from you is to share an equal ground and standpoint, and be prepared to be harmed in turn if you seek to hunt and kill us down like the Wielders of Light of the story did.
This sounded much like an aggressive bark. Does the person who wrote this have a history with being bullied down by Lighties or something?
I don't know.. I just found it such a pointed remark.

In my experience, such a note would deserve to go both ways. So let me ask you this.. What are you willing to pay for giving a stab? Smile
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Vangrel Lansire wrote:Why did you roleplay with the Chapter of Holy Anethion whom had a similar player crafted history funnily enough originally written by the same person?

Exactly!! I mean all is possible in fantasy world and is not compulsory to be of Twighlight
Arathonians themselves had another beliefs.
Why can't a group of people set a new lead of beliefs? To me it creates RP and STORY.
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:43 pm

I like role-playing in the World of Warcraft.

Not in World of DefiasRPcraft.

That's all I'll say on the matter. I never make any headway in these discussions, so it's probably better for everyone involved (and uninvolved) if I don't engage in them at all.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Happy realm.....the tip of creativity -that-

With that attitude.. I mean. One expands lore and creates realm story all RP realms had it, it's brilliant creates plot and new twists... Even in lore it's elfs there's groups that interprets shadow differently or other powers... Coming to this

Last edited by Iriel Silversong on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:47 pm

Iriel Silversong wrote:Happy realm.....the tip of creativity -that-
What?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:50 pm

What I mean that if you don't wanna interact with people who wishes to expand storylines , it's good on you everyone to its own
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Iriel Silversong wrote:What I mean that if you don't wanna interact with people who wishes to expand storylines , it's good on you everyone to its own
You call it 'expanding' the lore, I call it 'cheating' and/or 'diluting' the lore.

In this player's humble opinion, the Lore is the sacred background that must not be touched. Tell your stories within the given framework. That's what I call creativity. If you have to re-write aspects of the lore in order to play the kind of character you want to play, well, I don't consider that to be very creative at all.

But I've already accepted the fact that my beliefs about role-play are unpopulair, so, I don't expect anyone to actually agree with me. But let's just say that, at least in theory, I am against institutions like the Stormwind Council, the Dwarven Senate, the Holy Chapter of Anethion, the Kingdom of Arathor and whatever has been discussed in this thread.

Will I role-play with people who are basing their role-play on this supposed 'server-lore'? Sure. I'll tolerate it and play along. But I don't think you will see me rolling a character like that.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:55 pm

Thelos wrote:I like role-playing in the World of Warcraft.

Not in World of DefiasRPcraft.

That's all I'll say on the matter. I never make any headway in these discussions, so it's probably better for everyone involved (and uninvolved) if I don't engage in them at all.
Unfortunately Thelos, DB is not going to change anytime soon. Some server lore I enjoy, some I do not, it's just how it always has been.

This distinction does not exist in role-play.

Only in the discussing of role-play does it come in to play.
If the distinction of what is true and what isn't true is pretty much meaningless, then why is it worth discussing here OOCly at all?

Because that was the server reality. You can't deny something that is directly in your face.

That doesn't mean I particularily approved it or enjoyed it, however.
This is also true, there are a few things I hated on DB which were 'custom' but I just got over it, as you say, you can't deny something that is directly in your face.

It's DB culture for bits and bobs of lore to be custom, as I said above, you can accept it or just downgrade your own experience by cutting things out voluntarily when they could be both interesting and enjoyable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paia/Jenit Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Thelos wrote:
Will I role-play with people who are basing their role-play on this supposed 'server-lore'? Sure. I'll tolerate it and play along. But I don't think you will see me rolling a character like that.
I tend to find myself agreeing with Thelos' position when this debate comes up. I don't think I can meaningfully add  much he hasn't already said. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call the Lore "sacred", I do find the desire to go outside the framework a little bit uncomfortable though.

Last edited by Paia/Jenit on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next