Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voice actors for any of the WoW races needed for super top secret project! ((Defias Radio)))

+9
Norrian/Chezz
Thelos
Melnerag
Ixirar
Lexgrad
Jeanpierre
Vaell
Coppersocket
Amaryl
13 posters

Go down

Voice actors for any of the WoW races needed for super top secret project! ((Defias Radio))) Empty Voice actors for any of the WoW races needed for super top secret project! ((Defias Radio)))

Post by Raenmar Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:14 pm

I'm looking for voice actors that can do a good impression of any of the WoW races (except humans). It's not an ongoing commitment, you'd only need to record a few lines that we'd be able to use forever.

If you're up for it, PM me or add my Skype and let me know which races you can do. Also preferably send a recording of you doing the voice so I can hear it first.

Last edited by Raenmar on Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Voice actors for any of the WoW races needed for super top secret project! ((Defias Radio))) Empty Re: Voice actors for any of the WoW races needed for super top secret project! ((Defias Radio)))

Post by Amaryl Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Sounds pretty sweet, I'd help, but I can only do dutch accent, which isn't a wow race Razz

I hope you get some cool voices. Is there any preference for male/female voices or you'd like both?

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Voice actors for any of the WoW races needed for super top secret project! ((Defias Radio))) Empty Re: Voice actors for any of the WoW races needed for super top secret project! ((Defias Radio)))

Post by Coppersocket Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Amaryl is part woman, part man, and has fifteen hundred different accents. Man for the job.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Get some voice editing software (Audacity is pretty good) and then you can tweak the voices to get them how you like; it will help when coming across things such as Orcs. I'm not sure if I'm good at any of the races, I'd have to practice, but I'd definitely suggest being picky! I can't count the amount of terrible impressions I've heard on fanmade videos. Advertise on the realm forums too and don't be afraid to say no.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:10 am

There's not really any preference for male/female, although when the idea came to me I imagined a male dwarf and a female orc.

We only need, most likely, two voices, so I'll have to be picky. I'll also post about it on the realm forum tomorrow, gotta get some sleep tonight though. As for editing, I have Sound Forge and a little experience with editing voice, so hopefully they'll end up sounding pretty good!
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:19 am

My voice isn't worth the chords it is built on, but I can do a french accent.
/win
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:27 pm

A French accent might actually be a cool Draenei.

Still looking for people for this!
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:48 pm

Well we could have a chat, see if you feel like my voice would suit anything. I can't say with any confidence that I'd do tho, since I have a heavy lisping.
But meh, if you're interested, just contact me. Just don't try shoehorn me in, if my voice wouldn't suit, then I'm completely fine with that.
I can also have trouble pronouncing certain things but yeah.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Raenmar wrote:A French accent might actually be a cool Draenei.
Really? lol!
Well I'm willing to give it a shot, but I'm not sure if I'd be fit. I'm not exactly known for having a cool voice Razz
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:04 pm

What you should put on the radio.

EPIC RAP BATTLES OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!

Geldar vs JP!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Lexgrad wrote:What you should put on the radio.  

EPIC RAP BATTLES OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!

Geldar vs JP!

This would actually be cool.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:22 pm

Russian accent here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbUmDHgdYrc

Something I did a long while ago.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:04 am

Melnerag would make a great Draenei.

I love (voice) acting, but sadly my English is subpar. Besides, I'm not very good at accents.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:59 am

Sent out some PMs!
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:42 pm

We've found someone who can do most of the WoW races, so he'll be doing all the voices that we need right now. Thanks for all the offers.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:02 am

I think with a lil' bit of practice I could bring my slavic accent back. That would be the native Draenei accent. The official voice actor was Ukranian, if memory serves. Like that fella from GTA IV.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://last.fm/user/icetorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:32 pm

Raen! When will this happen! Me want Defias Radio! Smile))
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:13 pm

It just takes a little more time, a bit hard to get it off the ground but we will eventually get there.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:58 pm

Sorry! Been back at school this week so I've had a lot to do. It's coming along slowly but we're making progress.

Norrian, if you could record yourself saying something in a Draenei accent and PM it to me that'd be great!
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommey Gurnisson Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Bump for great justice! Just curious how it's coming along. I am the dude that sent those voice samples a couple of weeks back.

If I need to provide you with any more voices let me know! Glad to help out Smile
Tommey Gurnisson
Tommey Gurnisson

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Oh hey! Well, things are still going pretty slowly. I think I'll start looking for a few new hosts because some of the people with us now are quite unresponsive, but we've pretty much decided the names of two of the shows.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Broncrast Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:17 pm

This seems like a fun and interesting idea.
I know of a guy who does an EXCELLENT orc voice (male), and have been told I do a good goblin (not sure if that helps you though), I'd like to help if I can anywho since it sounds like alot of fun.
Broncrast
Broncrast

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommey Gurnisson Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:40 pm

Raenmar wrote:Oh hey! Well, things are still going pretty slowly. I think I'll start looking for a few new hosts because some of the people with us now are quite unresponsive, but we've pretty much decided the names of two of the shows.
Ah, right. Well, good to hear it's still going. Looking forward to hearing more! Smile
Tommey Gurnisson
Tommey Gurnisson

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:47 pm

Raenmar! Don't quit on me!
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down