Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Enclave Project - opinions needed!

+3
Rae Wulfgnar
Osmand
Helmheid
7 posters

Go down

Silent Enclave Project - opinions needed! Empty Silent Enclave Project - opinions needed!

Post by Helmheid Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Several days ago I began thinking of a new rp idea - a shady, lawless town which would be a haven for cultists, criminals and the like. The self-proclaimed rulers of the town and wardens working for them would, for a price, offer sanctuary to any such individuals and through meddling in politics, bribery and blackmail they would ensure the eyes of any authorities remained clear of the town as long as it did not affect them.
However, now that many major guilds are relocating to pvp-safe zones to avoid gankers, it became clear that using Surwich in Blasted Lands for the project would quite likely be a painstaking struggle with these bastards. And here is where the updated idea came.

The Silent Enclave Would start as a small group of highly ambitious, power hungry individuals.
They would seek a place not far from civilization, but in places of its most dense concentration. SO far my best idea for such place is the Forlorn Cavern in Ironforge, after listening to some suggestions. Gilran seems to like the idea and it will be discussed at next Senate meeting, OOCly of course, as other members need to express their opinions.
Should an OOC agreement be made and a green light given to engage in such activity, the Enclave would begin to gently attempt to influence locals, starting from lower ranking people and sneaking their way to the top. The goal would be to slowly take control of the area, establish a new law and order there, and keep the government the area belongs to from having any influence over what happens there. At first that control would preferably be indirect and unseen. The idea is mildly influenced by Illuminati and the Enclave would operate in similar ways. Rather than trying to officially challenge someone else's authority, they would use deception, lies and other sources of influence to bring the current ruler to a point where they realize they no longer have authority and it's too late to act.

Providing that Enclave would successfully establish their foothold in Ironforge and secure the Cavern as their own territory, they would begin attempts to spread their influence further, from trade and craftsmanship to religious organizations and governments. Slowly, one step at a time, always seeking to stay in the shadows and become invisible puppet masters of the world around. But that's me fantasizing, I don't have so high aspirations and I intend to take thing slowly!

I will very gladly take any constructive criticism and advice, and I'll happily cooperate with any guilds/organizations on this to create interesting, small scale-high stakes rp for our community!

Lady Sil'anse "Silence" Nightwhisper/Septimus Helmheid

Helmheid
Helmheid

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Silent Enclave Project - opinions needed! Empty Re: Silent Enclave Project - opinions needed!

Post by Osmand Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:40 pm

We in the Chapter love to burn and kill people like you...so yay to this idea.
Osmand
Osmand

Character sheet
Name: Brother Osmand Lightguard
Title: Abbot

Back to top Go down

Silent Enclave Project - opinions needed! Empty Re: Silent Enclave Project - opinions needed!

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Sounds like a good idea, I would've preferred you guys to be in Westfall considering how run down the area is and not forgetting all the current murders/thugs that live there.
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm all for this, as long as you respect the established criminal organizations. (yes, the forlorn cartel is perhaps one of the few, preaching for my own church here)

There have been words spoken about rebuilding the criminal 'council' (forgot the exact term, I was never a part of it). It'd be interesting to see this rebuilt with your new organization a major player in it.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmheid Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Wulfgnar wrote:Sounds like a good idea, I would've preferred you guys to be in Westfall considering how run down the area is and not forgetting all the current murders/thugs that live there.

Perhaps, but the organisation is supposed to be infiltrating the community and attempting to secretly control it, not sit holed up in a ghost town.
Helmheid
Helmheid

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:20 pm

I love the idea of the subtlety. Sadly, guilds who go 'shady' seem to struggle with staying in the shadows, but it sounds like you have quite a fine plan here. I'd really like to see it, have a character or two who might like to pay a visit... looking forward to seeing how you develop this and I'm glad you're getting support.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmheid Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:27 pm

Obviously it cannot be a one-man show, so anyone willing to join/support please poke me in game. Sìlence (don't forget the accent over 'i') is the guildmaster and the cult leader here. I would be overjoyed if I could gather remnants of cults such as Hand of Nightmares and Dark Sphere as partners in crime/advisors, and I'll certainly be happy to work closely with other guilds too.
Helmheid
Helmheid

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:43 pm

The Silent Enclave:

A very fitting name.

Using the Forlorn Carverns is a very good idea, operating from there, living there, taking it over. It makes as much sense to me as when people take over and use Darkshire/Duskwood so why not?^^
It also increases the roleplay in Ironforge which is good! The area chosen also fits the ways and goals of your guild.

The concept of the guild I am very fond of but the mentioning of Illuminati brings things to mind.
If they will simply use the methods of the Illuminati to gain power etc, then all is good Very Happy
If you intend to involve the illuminati rank system, initiations, rites/rituals etc, then we are talking a pile of questions Very Happy And possible kick ass critisim and or praise ?^^
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmheid Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:51 pm

I just used Illuminati for comparison of methods. Infiltrating trade, politics, any groups that may have some influence on the world. Seeking associates in all places to have eyes and ears everywhere - many of those wouldn't even know who they 'work' for. The goal is to gain influence and shape events in our surrounding area as we see fit, secretly pulling strings, making and breaking alliances, deals... Firstly for personal gain, secondly, for the new world order where we can create the future.
Helmheid
Helmheid

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:04 pm

as mentiond I can give my ooc support for this sadly not ic thow.. but as mentiond I give full support to this!! lets see if ou can find my monrena and corrupt her! lol
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmheid Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:23 pm

With a little more positive comments I believe I will be making an official guild post soonish. Will need OOCly willing associates in other guilds as well as own people. My idea is that I will not try to have a lot of guild members of my own, generally it will be a close-knit bunch of people plotting the next steps to take. I will prefer to have a network of associates all over the place.

Basic roles for them are:
Initiates: recently initiated associates, many still unaware their work benefits some greater power.

Associates: people who are not a direct part of the Enclave, but who understand the greater good it seeks to bring to their world. Informants, spies, contacts, messengers. Even a waitress at your local tavern can be an associate of the Enclave, listening to your every word, ready to tell her masters anything they may consider valuable.

Infiltrators: actively establishing ties with people of all sorts of power and influence wherever they can reach. Infiltrators are the tools of Enclave's will, bending others' will in ways as subtle as possible, blending into communities.

Executors: on rare occasions every organisation ends up with a thorn in its side, and these people are dedicated to removing such. Be it slightly more active 'persuasion', removing opponents that threaten the progress of Enclave's plans... Executors lurk in the shadows with a cloak and dagger, ready to do the dirty work.
Helmheid
Helmheid

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down