Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Remnants of Lordaeron (closed)

+6
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Buren
Vaell
Khendran
erwtenpeller
Charlie Blazesong
10 posters

Go down

[A] Remnants of Lordaeron (closed) Empty [A] Remnants of Lordaeron (closed)

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:52 am

Several posters hung up all around Stormwind marked with an above the text:

“Attention all men and women of Lordaeron! Your once thought lost lands are still within our grasp! Join us the and we shall bring the wicked to justice. We fear no Forsaken, nor do we Scourge. Join us now and show the light that we have still not given up hope! Contact me or any of my colleagues. –Thurman Agamand.”

OOC:
Remnants of Lordaeron is an RP guild focused around regaining Lordaeron. We will be mostly in Lordaeron but also other places to gain support.  We are aiming to work on a democracy without a higharchy meaning every person represents themselves and we are voting for every decition we make unless it is urgent. We allow all races and classes except for Death Knights for obvious reasons. For starters we are aiming for guerrilla warfare, hit and run tactics. We are hitting them where it hurts. None of our current memebrs like the Scarlet Crusade either so expect some caravan ambushes. Don’t be afraid to contact us even if you’re new to RP.
What we are mainly fighting is:
The Scarlet Crusade
The Forsaken
The Scourge
As for OOC goals, we and several other guilds wants to revive Lordaeron RP since it has been in decline for so long. We are ofcourse talking with The Frozen Covenant, The Scarlet Dawn and The Wardens of the Blade to make interresting and lasting rp throughout Lordaeron

As for PvP and PvE:
I have a background from both, I mostly PvP Hordeside and used to raid back in Wrath. The guild however is at most going RP-PvP if anything organized. As for PvE, unless people want any I dont see any reason to. People are free to do what they wish afterall aslong they dont gank or grief RPers I wont have any issues with any of them.
If you are easily offended I must warn you though, we have Biterius in the guild which is known to be a troll, though an alright person if you get to know him.

Current guild leader: Jensbirger(Thurman Agamand)
Officers: eh! We need some people over here.

(no we are not affiliated with the original Remnants of Lordaeron guild from a few years ago, we are old TLA members who decided to start up something different. Will edit as I remember stuff :DThanks for suggestions.)

Last edited by Stig/Jens/Mort on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:48 am; edited 5 times in total
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] Remnants of Lordaeron (closed) Empty Re: [A] Remnants of Lordaeron (closed)

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:34 am

Could you elaborate a little?

Like post some actual information on what the guild... does...
Some ranks maybe?
Goals? Hopes? Dreams? Stance on PvE, PvP?
Some fancy pictures of dudes looking cool?

Anything.

Jens wrote:We allow all races and classes except for Death Knights for obvious reasons.
Could you explain these "obvious" reasons? It seems to me that if your goal is to re-take the north, including those guys is the first thing you'd do.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:52 am

The thing is, we dont have a rankset IC. Only a small council for urgent decisions.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:16 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
Jens wrote:We allow all races and classes except for Death Knights for obvious reasons.
Could you explain these "obvious" reasons? It seems to me that if your goal is to re-take the north, including those guys is the first thing you'd do.

Not really. Most of the time, Lordaeronians hate any and all undead with zealotry only Light-worshippers can match. It has something to do with the undead overrunning their homeland and murdering their families without discrimination, so they're not discriminating on whether you're Ebon Blade, Forsaken or Scourge, either; They just want to BURN THE WHOLE LOT OF THEM! And a lot of them are Light-followers as well, so there's that too. Death Knights would have a very, very short life-expectancy in a guild like this.

Good luck with the guild, victory for Lordaeron! o/

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Why, though? Where do these ideas come from?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:49 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Why, though? Where do these ideas come from?
Why do they discriminate?
Spoiler:

WoW takes a light hearted approach to its storytelling so that it appeals to a greater audience. In reality, when role-playing, you have to take into account just how dark the world really is. I mean, look how broken the people in 'The Walking Dead' become!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Y'know, the living Lordaeronians quite possibly had their entire extended family, friends, and that baker who sold them their morning bread, and the bartender who served them their drinks, brutally murdered if they were lucky. If they were unlucky, they would run into one, or all of them, and have their minds blown as they suddenly try to devour them alive.

Now, they flee their homes and escape south, all the time narrowly running ahead of a horde of undead who are hell-bent on destroying everything in their path. The refugees lose more and more people as they head south, and only a small portion of them escape. They suffer famine, because they can't eat what they find in the woods since most of it is plagued. Some die to the undead chasing them, some to starvation, some eat plagued food, some are just way too tired to go on because they can barely sleep with the ghouls at their heels. Their homes are gone, all the people they knew are dead, they've seen apocalypse come reality, and there's barely any hope of them ever returning. They're traumatized for life without doubt.

NOW, after all that shit, try telling them that these guys, who for all intents and purposes look very much like the undead who killed their families, are actually the good guys? It's not going to fly. At best, they'll laugh you off. At worst, you'll become an undead sympathizer in their eyes, almost as worse as the undead themselves.

You can never, ever make a Lordaeronian trust an undead.

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:09 pm

^Luckily Thurman and hopefully the rest of the guild will see past that when cooperating with The Blades, who knows? Only time will tell.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:09 pm

*stares at the scarlet onslaught* Yeah...
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:28 pm

I poorly read through everything. A bit tired atm.

If you knew The Lordaeron Alliance guild they did not take DKs.

This is the remnants of that guild. For ic or lore reasons whatever they may be, they can choose to not take any DKs if they dont wanna.

Ofc a Dk can icly try and join them maybe a fallen Lordaeronian of the Silver Hand. I am sure 100% Jens and the others will allow the toon to rp it out. Hes just giving an ooc warning from his expereince with playing a lordaeron that there is a 0.01% chance for them to allow one in the ranks. And if accepted there is a 99.9% chance he or she will become a target of the guilds members.

As for working with the Wardens of the Blade Jens..you have been warned Duvaineth listens to a ic folk band called Plateallica and likes the song Master of Puppets.hehehe Razz We will all have a lot of fun rping together up north Smile
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:41 pm

He is not so easily manipulated as you might think Very Happy
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothee/Duvaineth Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Jens wrote:He is not so easily manipulated as you might think Very Happy

Ic will show ic will show Smile
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Dorothee/Duvaineth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:41 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
Vaell wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:Why, though? Where do these ideas come from?
Why do they discriminate?
Spoiler:

Let me put it in a fairly similar IRL concept.

Why wouldn't jews trust nazis a few years after the World War 2 ended? And why would they be discriminated?

There, ponder about that for a moment.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Why wouldnt jews trust nazis a few years after ww2? I doubt anyone ever trusted Nazis again. Maybe you ment Germans?
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Jens wrote:Why wouldnt jews trust nazis a few years after ww2? I doubt anyone ever trusted Nazis again. Maybe you ment Germans?

This. Germans aren't Nazis. Jews wouldn't trust Nazis even today. But also keep in mind that WoW is a pseudo-medieval setting where people are less tolerant, and DKs never got punished for warcrimes.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fyffe Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:46 pm

*Quietly places his Godwin's Law Hammer back in the drawer*

If I remember correctly, exceptions were made for specific characters - as Dorothee said it will rely on RPing it out.

What is also good news is that ABOC isn't around anymore to ruin the party. Welcome back Jensbirger Very Happy
Fyffe
Fyffe

Character sheet
Name: "Fyffe the Confounder!!!"
Title: Lorescribe and Illusionist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:48 pm

Jens wrote:Why wouldnt jews trust nazis a few years after ww2? I doubt anyone ever trusted Nazis again. Maybe you ment Germans?
Meant nazis, but fair point. My metaphor still stands though.

Raenmar wrote:But also keep in mind that WoW is a pseudo-medieval setting where people are less tolerant, and DKs never got punished for warcrimes.
Pretty much.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:13 pm

I wouldn't say Lordaeron would become tolerant just because they're semi-medieval. The idea of your entire country becoming braindead cannibals is incredibly hard to stomach. Maybe some of them do, but it's safe to say the general populace wouldn't. Common sense dictates that they have reason to hate the Undead for many years to come. Maybe if they had defeated the Undead and these were the remnants of Undead still trying to survive and help the Alliance, then you may get some sympathy from Lordaeron's populace (but even then, discrimination and back-alley killing would be expected by many. Hate is a powerful emotion). But whilst the Undead control their homes, DKs would be a constant reminder to their great loss.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:19 pm

The original Remnants of Lordaeron allowed Death Knights into their ranks to give them a shot at redemption. Obviously, this didn't fly with all the members IC'ly, so it shouldn't be expected of any Lordaeron guild to do the same.

That being said, DK's don't have the easiest time finding guilds :p All down to the IC, though!
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:35 pm

I wouldn't say Lordaeron would become tolerant just because they're semi-medieval.

I know, I'm saying they're less tolerant.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:35 pm

um, We are North now. Anyone interrested can contact me through pm or whispering ingame. We are especially looking for someone that remembers to take screenshots, yeah you heard it. Appearently I'm demented. Dont really know what to say in this update other than that we are coming along.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down