Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Northern Tournament - Feedback welcome

+12
Buren
Feeniks
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Evesia
Skarain
Cid
siegmund
Helmut
Delinith
Elric/Richard
Raenmar
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Northern Tournament - Feedback welcome Empty The Northern Tournament - Feedback welcome

Post by Raenmar Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:37 am

Thankyou to all who came, and especially to Buren! Without his help the event would have crashed and burned (even more than it did!) I think most people can agree that there were a lot of problems here. The 15 minute wait for the alchemy competition (and then doing duels instead) was completely unavoidable. We also had a lot of people asking to participate on the day instead of signing up, so it was all quite hard to plan for.

That said, it was my first event of this type, and I really had no idea how anything would work out. If I was to do it again having seen how things work, it'd definitely go a lot smoother. But if anyone does have any feedback or suggestions for next time, just let me know.

Heroes of the Alliance, rise up!

The kingdom of Gilneas plans a tournament to bring the Grand Alliance together. Learn your allies' strengths, learn how to work with them, and learn who is the best.

The tournament will consist of three contests: single combat, archery, and potion-making. If you consider yourself one of the best in one of those fields, contact Commander Raenmar Alric or Captain John Fisher to sign up. Or, if you work for any Alliance military or civilian organisation, ask your leaders to sponsor you as their champion.

The organization who's champion wins shall receive a sizeable prize.

The Northern Tournament is a roleplaying event to be held on the 21st April at 20:30 server time, in the open snowy area beside the road up to the gates of Ironforge (Brewfest location). Click here to show it on the map.

Anyone can turn up to watch and enjoy the feasting and celebration. But if you want to participate in the competition itself, read below.

How to participate:
Speak to either myself or Buren in-game or on DefiasRP, or post here, and tell us which contest you'd like to join - we'll send you a calendar invite and add you to our list. A guild that exists IC (so any RP guild representing an official organization) can choose their own representative for each contest, and if their representative wins, then the guild gets a large prize IC. Anyone not picked as a rep, or not in a participating guild, can still join, with the only difference being that if they win, they'll get a smaller prize for themselves.

The Duelling Event
Entrants will engage in one-on-one combat in a PvP duel. Winners face winners until an overall winner is decided. This will require level 90.

The Archery Event
Entrants will engage in roll-based archery with three rounds. Points scored are higher the closer to 50 you roll. The person with the most points wins. The character will get a small roll modifier depending on their background - this will be decided some time before the event, and participants will be contacted prior to discuss it. There are no requirements for archery.

The Concocting Event
Entrants must create some sort of concoction - a potion, an elixir, a beverage, a chemical substance, or any other relatively safe liquid - prior to the tournament, and during the event it will be tested by a panel of judges. The best one wins! This requires the latest version of GHI (Gryphonheart Items). You can create anything - make the screen go multicoloured, knock the judges unconscious, anything you choose! The winner will simply be whichever the judges deem the most fun and creative.

Many thanks to the Argents who held this last year and served as inspiration, and to Buren and Elssa for their help in putting this together.

Good luck to the participants!

Rule changes and clarifications:
  • Tanks and healers aren't allowed.
  • Only buffs usable in the duels are those you can cast yourself. You may only use flasks you have created yourself. No eating or drinking during the duel.
  • Crossbows are allowed in the archery contest, guns aren't.
  • We'll have a short discussion with archery participants at some point before the tournament and decide a small roll modifier based on their character background.
  • The potion-making contest is indeed general concoction: beverages, potions, explosive liquids and any other liquid substance are all valid entires.
  • Guild-sponsored contestants will compete against those not sponsored by a guild to make it more open.

Last edited by Raenmar on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:01 pm; edited 8 times in total
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

The Northern Tournament - Feedback welcome Empty Re: The Northern Tournament - Feedback welcome

Post by Elric/Richard Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:59 am

Could always borrow the Argent tournament grounds and add the jousting again Cool
Elric/Richard
Elric/Richard

Character sheet
Name: Elric Williams
Title: Door man, Paladin, Chevalier

Back to top Go down

The Northern Tournament - Feedback welcome Empty Re: The Northern Tournament - Feedback welcome

Post by Delinith Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:31 pm

Oh joy, PvP duel! Are tanks allowed?
Delinith
Delinith

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Ganking would be too disruptive if we used the Argent grounds, and we'd have no IC reason to be there / no way to get there without weeks on a ship.

And yes, tanks are allowed! No healers though.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric/Richard Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:15 pm

Well, when the Argents had the tournament. No one seemed to have a problem with the travelling tbf Razz
Elric/Richard
Elric/Richard

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:17 am

Raenmar wrote:Ganking would be too disruptive if we used the Argent grounds

The Tournament Grounds are a sanctuary and would accually help us against gankers.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:51 am

And yes, tanks are allowed!

Burn in hell.

Also yeah Tournament grounds are perfect imo, but do what ya want.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:55 am

As a player closely indoctrinated to the thought of sticking to player realism.

What sense does it make for a shit ton of people to randomly up and go to the Argent Tournament for an Alliance based tournament?

First of all, why would you go to Northrend?

Secondly, just as a general reminder, the Argent Tournament is a Horde, Alliance and Argent touranment, it is not a tournament ground for one faction, or the other.

Finally, why in the name of the gods, would the Northern Council, while firmly entrenched in a war in the North, go to Northrend, to have a Northern Tournament?

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric/Richard Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:40 am

Vangrel Lansire wrote:As a player closely indoctrinated to the thought of sticking to player realism.

What sense does it make for a shit ton of people to randomly up and go to the Argent Tournament for an Alliance based tournament?

Secondly, just as a general reminder, the Argent Tournament is a Horde, Alliance and Argent touranment, it is not a tournament ground for one faction, or the other.

Finally, why in the name of the gods, would the Northern Council, while firmly entrenched in a war in the North, go to Northrend, to have a Northern Tournament?

Well again, we can still use the grounds and fully believe we're somewhere else. We're all RPers, so we should have the fantasy to do such as well
Elric/Richard
Elric/Richard

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:09 am

Elric/Richard wrote:
Vangrel Lansire wrote:As a player closely indoctrinated to the thought of sticking to player realism.

Well again, we can still use the grounds and fully believe we're somewhere else. We're all RPers, so we should have the fantasy to do such as well

Indeed, if we can imagine that parts of Blackrock Mountain are the underworld of Ironforge we can surely use the Argent grounds as apart of Alterac.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Blackrock mountain is special due to Dwarven architecture, thus fitting to be Underforge. I can see the issues as well as the points with going to Argent Tournament contra staying in... oh, not announced yet. Razz
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:26 pm

If it was a guild event I'd do that. But I'm trying to make this as open as possible to everyone, and I just feel like RPing the Argent tournament grounds as somewhere in EK could confuse people.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Wild Tempest will come by and steal your shiny rewards!
On a serious note, we'll be there. Smile
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Evesia Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:39 am

It was great fun last year and I look forward to attending again this year!

Hopefully NG will win the Archery since they're clearly superior at it than the Human's and it was clearly fixed last year! *grin* Laughing
Evesia
Evesia

Character sheet
Name: Evesia Moonflame
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:54 am

The Argent Tournament Grounds are just too damn perfect not to use for these kinds of events if you ask me. That's your 'reason' right there. We want a tournament. They have Tournament Grounds. We go to the Tournament Grounds to have our Tournament.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:05 am

Raenmar wrote:no way to get there without weeks on a ship.
The Northern Tournament - Feedback welcome 180px-Portal_-_Ironforge_TCG
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:02 am

Evesia wrote:Hopefully NG will win the Archery since they're clearly superior at it than the Human's and it was clearly fixed last year! *grin* Laughing

Oh we will. Yesterday we had ic qualification matches and Sentinel huntress Móchara is our close combat reprecentitive, while (yours truely) Lieutenant Ithili will take part in archery.

Speaking off that...Since this IS RP archery, could we take note of the chars that are taking part in Archery? It is bit funny if 17 year old human boy, who just got his first bow last week, goes and beats seasoned dwarf mountainer, millenia old sentinel and 25000 year old draenei, who's been fighting against Burning legion his/her entire life by total chanse.

In NG, besides Pvp, we do roll, but we have also invented "pro roll" -system that takes acount char (work)history, age and rank. That way chars that are more experienced are likely to win, even if there's still chanse of winning for unexperienced chars. Naturally since this IS our system, it could NOT be used here directly, but just wanted to ask and point out. If you are intrested to hear more, pm me.
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Buren Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:11 am

Of course one has to take account to the characters previous experience. However, it could be hard to accomplish with this kind of scale. Question
Buren
Buren

Character sheet
Name: Buren Agamand
Title: Captain of the Crusade

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:12 am

Well we did have a Elf enter in archery last year too i think, this year probably the same. Best of the best!

But you can't do much, duels are a tricky thing.

Móchara
Rogue, eh? Added to mah list, now if the armory would let me see the PvP gear!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:16 am

Though I won't be able to attend, and probably don't have much say about things:

If you're trying to keep it fair, you shouldn't only be disallowing healers. Tanks should be gone as well.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:18 am

Yeah, I know it would be hard, since there's many people. And I AM OK with completely random rolls. It's fun anyways (and bicker about the wind and what not, when I lose Razz ). So totally random roll it is.

Yes, she is. You got problem with that? Now get the F*** OUT of our bunk house, you spying rat *kick*
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:29 am

*Snarl* I welcome Rogue vs Rogue, but then again i like to know my opponents beforehand.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:38 am

I will tell Móchara you send your love to her Twisted Evil *ruffle head*
Play nice you two ^^
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric/Richard Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:39 am

siegmund wrote:*Snarl* I welcome Rogue vs Rogue, but then again i like to know my opponents beforehand.

*Two hours later* "The two rouges are still circling each other in stealth!"
Elric/Richard
Elric/Richard

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:03 am

Is crossbows allowed on the archery part?

And Dammit that my char don't know potions IC. I love making GHI potions.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next