Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Elves

+4
Nessra Sunwhisper
Vaell
Coppersocket
Melnerag
8 posters

Go down

High Elves Empty High Elves

Post by Melnerag Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Easy and simple, I am curious. So I am asking you two questions. Trick is, I want you to answer the first question first without looking at the 2nd (it is spoilered). Then answer the 2nd without altering your answer to the first.

First Question
How do you feel about humans being used to RP High Elves, and why?

Second Question:

ANSWER the questions before reading the answers of others, as clearly that will spoil the thing Very Happy You might as well read both questions at once then.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

High Elves Empty Re: High Elves

Post by Coppersocket Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:00 pm

I see what the next question will be- and due to what your going to ask I'm going to say No.

While I want to say Yes, at least on the first question.
Why? Because High Elves have been in the Alliance for such a long time, and Dalaran is part of the Alliance. It's just logical that there'd be High Elves about. However I think Humans are best for playing High Elves with.

On the other hand however, I do personally frown upon not playing any race that you're actually playing, as it's not actually possible. So therefor, no.

Last edited by Coppersocket on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:22 pm

On the other hand however, I do personally frown upon playing any race that you're actually playing, as it's not actually possible. So therefor, no.
This point of view seems so backwards to me. That's the equivalent of saying you can't RP smoking a cigarette or reading a book because it's not actually possible. It's possible to rp with just text, visuals are just a nice asset.

Now, that being said, I think humans are more suitable because of skin tone and smaller build. The blue skin and very tall appearance can be quite distracting.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:02 pm

Humans are way too wide, curvy and muscular to be high elves. Half elf would be more like it (you can always hide your short pointy ears with your hair).

Night elves would fit better IMO, but of course without the war paint and with white hair + pink skin. A couple stacks of [pygmy oil] would be suitable as well, since high elves are supposed to be shorter than Night elves.

That said, I don't really support the idea of playing a race that is unplayable, if it looks nothing like the original one.
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:00 am

Vaell wrote:
On the other hand however, I do personally frown upon playing any race that you're actually playing, as it's not actually possible. So therefor, no.
This point of view seems so backwards to me. That's the equivalent of saying you can't RP smoking a cigarette or reading a book because it's not actually possible. It's possible to rp with just text, visuals are just a nice asset.

Now, that being said, I think humans are more suitable because of skin tone and smaller build. The blue skin and very tall appearance can be quite distracting.
I forgot to add a 'not' where it was supposed to be. I meant
On the other hand however, I do personally frown upon NOT playing any race that you're actually playing, as it's not actually possible. So therefor, no.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:31 am

I think both are fine. Once you've got the dressed up in the right attire, they can pass for high elves. I've done the playing-a-human-as-a-high-elf dance and as long as you make mention of it constantly in your emotes and have fitting gear, it can work quite well. You have to work extra hard to distinguish yourself, since it's not apparent at first glance.

I don't like it, but it's a terrible tragedy that the Alliance doesn't have it's staple high elves playable, so I can't blame people for wanting to do through other means.

Just don't use a blood elf death knight to role-play a high elf and poop on my lawn. Damn high elves pooping on my lawn!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:09 am

My answer is the same to both questions.
I do not like the idea of RPing a character your race clearly is not, even if there are similarities. Each to their own though, I certainly don't -avoid- RP with high elves either Smile
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:32 pm

((Not really answering the questions asked, but personally I think there should be something like the Pandaren starter-stuff for the Blood/High Elves, as in pick your faction (depending on which you choose, you get green/blue eyes after some questline).

And for those wondering what the Horde would get?
Ogres. /sagenod))
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm still rooting for playable Satyr.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:02 am

Humans both male and female are non-descript enough that you could pull it off with enough care, but Night Elves and Death Knights (Blood Elf) are both made to be different from High Elves in several ways. To me, it would just be too jarring for somebody to play as a Night Elf and claim to be a High Elf; it would be like somebody wearing a purple dress and telling everybody it's actually blue.

Night Elves are differentiated in the lore for so many reasons from their magic wielding cousins, that my brain would just struggle to comprehend a player using the model to play the race's mirror.

It would be nice if we could play as High Elves mind you, give the Alliance those and give the Horde Taunka or Dragonmaw Orcs.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down