Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP guards needed OOC

+13
siegmund
Cid
Andrael
Sullee Swiftspeech
Muzjhath
Allonia_Miral
Coppersocket
Xen-tau
Rmuffn
Lexgrad
Feral / Blackfall
Raenmar
Littlepip
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RP guards needed OOC Empty RP guards needed OOC

Post by Littlepip Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:47 pm

During the short time I have Roleplayed I have noticed that a specific player (Mudflap and CO) Have targeted friendly Roleplayers every where, it seems he always know where we are and I em starting to wonder what in the Shadow is going on! Why don't we sett up a group of people that is always ready to handle people like Mudflap, a group of Pvpers, they don't need to know how to Roleplay only how to fight the Horde and corps camp them if they attack us.
Instead of asking in trading chat having to abort the Roleplay or annoying other guild members about it.
Last time he attacked was down in the South in Darkshire.

Idea:
- A group of players who is always ready to corps camp Horde if they attack one of our Roleplaying groups.

I understand if you think this is a bad idea but it would be great to have someone ready at all time, also seems like Raenmar needs some help in the North to xD
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

RP guards needed OOC Empty Re: RP guards needed OOC

Post by Raenmar Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:02 am

No PvPer is going to dedicate their time to hovering around roleplayers for hours because they might get ganked.

I thought it'd be best to keep my opinion to myself on this, but I'm taking a break from WoW so I'm shielded from the inevitable torrent of abuse.

KoS usually have enough to wipe them alone. KoS often leave other guilds to be ganked while they do their own events. There was a time when 8 KoS level 90s we online and we were getting ganked, and KoS went to a different zone to do an event, leaving us alone. I'm usually fully prepared to drop all my shit to go and defend allied guilds, but if we're going to be left to fend for ourselves, I'm really not gonna bother anymore.

Even with the lack of cooperation, we usually manage to wipe the gankers. They're not much of a problem, to be honest. I can call in GDI if we need them.

But after being criticised for fighting back, being criticised for 'feeding the trolls', and being criticised for 'whining' by people who don't even RP outside of SW, I really can't be bothered to fight back, because I usually just get a stream of hate. If it was from Horde I wouldn't care, but when my own faction is giving me all of this shit for the way I deal with it, I don't have the will to fight them anymore. Hence the long break.

But, yeah. Just my thoughts on the problem: the Alliance is the root of it.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:13 am

To be fair, Mudflap--and his backup--were -entirely- sorted by the RPers present... and later, I should add, by a friendly RealID gladiator (Ty Nelsyo, I know you can't see this but I love you bro<3 ). Laughing
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:39 am

"Humans... Why are they so mean to each other"
Any way first to Ranemars
No PvPer is going to dedicate their time to hovering around roleplayers for hours because they might get ganked.

I didn't mean all the time, I ment that they would drop every thing they were doing in order to protect the Roleplay if Mudflap and co started ganking it again. When he starts doing it thats when we ask them.

As for Feral, what? Because its late night when I em writing this.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:43 am

I refer the thread to the first and last lines of "the wall" by pink floyd
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:44 am

TGC will usually drop everything, and when that isn't enough so will GDI usually. But that wouldn't be necessary if people would work together.

But as I said, fighting them tends to get a negative response from RPers.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:50 am

Thing is, if you get Pvpers to want to do this, every ganking attempt will turn into an epic wpvp battle. In other words, pvpers from both factions will flock to the RP locations / events because they know that's where the pvp is at.

If you get other RPers to respond, great, but they won't be there whenever you need them, cause as RPers most of them kinda prefer good RP to the pvp.

The only way anti-gank pvp is gonna work is if you and whoever you're out in the open with can do it yourself.

Edit: And in the end, even so, you lose. Cause the gankers are in it for the pvp. They get that when you defend yourself too. You're in it for the RP and that is put on hold.

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:00 am

Wasn't the same when Bavragor and three others fought against Mudflap in Duskshire, gave up after 3-4 attempts.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:30 am

Martha Silverlight wrote:Wasn't the same when Bavragor and three others fought against Mudflap in Duskshire, gave up after 3-4 attempts.

Yeah it was this I was referring to, the RPers in question along with a gladiator feral druid invited via RealID from another realm happily corpsecamped and ganked Mudflap and his rogue every time they turned up, until they gave up and left. It took over an hour but we had fun, I think Smile Been awhile since I PvP'd.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:29 am

Under no circumstance do I see why an entire guild should drop a planned event, to pvp. Heck, that's bloody damn well what these people want to achieve.

And lastly. These kind of people won't just stop because you outnumber them or gank them back, it'll just make them come back, more persistently.

Some of the mentioned above even goes out of their way to focus rpers doing their dailies. So I sincerely doubt a few "guards" would help you.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:58 am

Most of the times these people want to achieve world PvP, so when you get friends, they get friends and then you get friends etc.
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:17 am

The question here, why is your time more valuable than theirs?
Because that's exactly what this thread is about, don't even try to deny it.

"Help I'm being ganked, drop what your doing so I can roleplay.

You know what? No, fuck you. I got better things to do than help you out whenever you get ganked. You, are not important to me, neither is your RP unless it is directly linked to mine.
It'd be courtesy to help out, but this thread, if anything demoralizes any reason to do so.

Fucking selfish.

Last edited by Coppersocket on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:20 am

Shunning those who left in such a way isn't going to make others want to take their place, nor make them want to return the day they might be fit for the battle. Diplomacy is good.
It'd be courtesy to help out, but this thread, if anything demoralizes any reason to do so.
While I don't necessarily agree with the rest of the post, this is true.

That said:
I want to fight the gankers off. Sometimes I even find it fun (gasp!). If someone is in trouble, feel free to count me in as one of those you can ask for help - if I'm not busy (as in, doing some kind of RP) then I will likely drop by and aid. Throw a line in /lfrp, maybe others share this sentiment.

-BUT!-

The moment someone starts taunting the enemy or make it into a personal pvp contest, I'm out.

It does not help matters, only furthers to escalate the conflict and incite personal hunting by said gankers. I don't want any part of that.

With that out of the way.... let's all be friends! <3

Last edited by Allonia_Miral on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:31 am

Coppersocket wrote:The question here, why is your time more valuable than theirs?
Because that's exactly what this thread is about, don't even try to deny it.

"Help I'm being ganked, drop what your doing so I can roleplay.

You know what? No, fuck you. I got better things to do than help you out whenever you get ganked. You, are not important to me, neither is your RP unless it is directly linked to mine.

Fucking selfish.
Tbh, the Orcs we have at times temporarily dropped an event if a fellow RP guild were getting to badly harrassed by PvPers. (Happened to SGE one time). Same as other horde guilds have done the same to help us.
Wipe them a few times then go back to what was done before. True, less of that sort from alliance (or were). And equal numbers equals they die like flies. But still. In my experience the type doesn't want W-PvP. They want easy kills.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:36 am

Kind of selfish to ask such a thing, don't you think?

It's more than likely that they track you down by logging onto an alliance character and /who a region. What is even likelier is that they have TRP2 installed and use that nifty gadget's map function.
I believe it was possible to turn the player-tracking off, so that noone could see you, but I am not certain. If you want to be safe, disable TRP2 while you are RPing in a non-blueshielded zone.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:43 am

On Horde we see it as "We're all RPers, we all help each other"

As for the TRP2 thing? I've got a better option. Switch to MRP and eat less memory and get a smoother running game!
Removes said map-problem!
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:55 am

Muzjhath wrote:On Horde we see it as "We're all RPers, we all help each other"

As for the TRP2 thing? I've got a better option. Switch to MRP and eat less memory and get a smoother running game!

I'll stick to TRP2, thank you. I prefer the layout much more... Idk why. But I'm not a target of these gentlemen.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrael Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:09 am

They want you to whine, and are deranged

Super Mega Power Force concists of currently 4-6 shit pvp'ers.

You could propably ask alliance wpvp guilds for back up:
Shrike
Malcontent
Retaliation
GDI
The Gladiators
Killing horde in open world is their core business, or so they say anyway.

I'd guess if they get humilated and stop having fun, they just might quit at least for a moment.

Last edited by Andrael on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Andrael
Andrael

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:33 am

You can indeed turn off the map track function.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 am

Muzjhath wrote:As for the TRP2 thing? I've got a better option. Switch to MRP and eat less memory and get a smoother running game!

It has a map-tracking too? Sheesh, some actually DO beg to be ganked if so... MRP user myself, never regretted that.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:54 am

Here you go, step by step. Open TRP2

Click Settings
RP guards needed OOC Step1e

Then click Interface
RP guards needed OOC Step2h

Then uncheck what I have
RP guards needed OOC Step3jk

Well, don't need to deactivate chat functions if you don't want to. Preferences.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:26 pm

I don't mind helping a fellow roleplayer's event being ganked if I'm not in an event myself, if I'm just doing casual shit. I could be in my right mind to help someone.

But Raen went out of his way to practice his very interesting diplomacy by trying to paint my guild as some kind of asshats.
But as my earlier post stated. I don't see why a guild should drop a planned event, that one of our members put effort and time into to create, just to pvp.

I don't expect others to drop their events for me, nor should others of me. It's when you aren't particulary busy that one can help. And that's darn logic.

And I agree with Allonia, people harassing and trolling and generally whining or contacting the gankers only worsen the situation, making them want to comeback with a vendetta. I know KoS members doesn't do that, we've been through this since Goon Squad, Shadow of Nine, AboC and now Super Mega Power Force. We don't log over to whine, we know better.

But I'm sure someone up north has been doing it, and now we have to pay for it.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:01 pm

But I'm sure someone up north has been doing it, and now we have to pay for it.

I wonder who...

I agree with Allonia as well. I come to help fight. Not worsen situations. PvP guilds are helpful, but it doesn't help if you make the zone you want to RP in, even RP-PvP in if already into a -Fully PvP zone- If i'd want that i can just scamper of to the Isle of Thunder.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Just pack it up and leave to a blueshield zone, pretend it is where you were before and hey presto, they'll get bored! Just don't rage at the ganker and you'll end up boring them!

We did this with an omen event - moved from southern Blasted Lands to Elwynn in the space of 5 mins.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:55 pm

Andrael wrote:They want you to whine, and are deranged

Super Mega Power Force concists of currently 4-6 shit pvp'ers.

You could propably ask alliance wpvp guilds for back up:
Shrike
Malcontent
Retaliation
GDI
The Gladiators
Killing horde in open world is their core business, or so they say anyway.

I'd guess if they get humilated and stop having fun, they just might quit at least for a moment.

You forgot Bloodwind. Not the most RP friendly guild (These days) but they're always happy to help out in these situations, we have reasonable people as well as asshats.

Anyway to the core of this thread. I think the idea of having guards to guard roleplay is a silly notion to begin with and under such situations if you reaaaally need the help just whisper someone who doesn't mind helping, heck ask me if you want and i'll see if I am free and have the time to. I love a bit of PVP and nothing says "You can't kill me" than a fully geared holy paladin.

Failing that as mentioned there's the blueshield options while tracing back to starter zones, 'tis all in the imagination afterall no? We all knew the risk or should have known the risk when we made characters here. It was inevitable that there would be people to grief on an RP server with the PVP ruleset system.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next