Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Knight Guard

+13
Emrys
Xen-tau
Tiffane
Kristeas Sunbinder
erwtenpeller
Catari
Ryak Sunwhisper
Darilas
Raenmar
Norrian/Chezz
Raene
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Luxor/Queldor
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Blood Knight Guard Empty Blood Knight Guard

Post by Luxor/Queldor Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Veksile and I are planning on rebuilding the Blood Knight Order. The guild became inactive as a result of the decreasing population of the realm as a whole, but we believe that with the necessary effort, dedication and love, we can make the guild thriving again. In anyone has any interest in assisting or just keeping track of or progress, you know where to find us.

Last edited by Luxor/Queldor on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luxor/Queldor
Luxor/Queldor

Character sheet
Name: Johnathan Armstead
Title: Private of the Greyford Company

Back to top Go down

Blood Knight Guard Empty Re: Blood Knight Guard

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Luxor/Queldor wrote:The guild became inactive as a result of the decreasing population of the realm as a whole

Just hopping in to say that the Realm's population never shrank.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxor/Queldor Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:02 pm

Gor'Thrak Frosthowl wrote:
Luxor/Queldor wrote:The guild became inactive as a result of the decreasing population of the realm as a whole

The roleplaying population, anyway.
Luxor/Queldor
Luxor/Queldor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:04 pm

Luxor/Queldor wrote:

I did indeed mean the roleplaying population. Smile
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:06 pm

Hello Queldor. I don't know if I can give people recruiting positions in the BKG, but I'll take a look when I'm home.

-Aelrath.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:22 pm

Luxor/Queldor wrote:

I did indeed mean the roleplaying population. Smile

Yo,

Well we had quite a lot of guilds back in the day. Silvermoon was a big hub back then and now there's barely five RPers in the Tavern and that's after midnight when the presence of RP is at it's peak.

But I may be wrong.

Anyway, we're here, as Quel said, and we're working. You know where to find us Smile
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://last.fm/user/icetorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxor/Queldor Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Raene wrote:Hello Queldor. I don't know if I can give people recruiting positions in the BKG, but I'll take a look when I'm home.

-Aelrath.

That'd be amazing, thank you. Looking forward to your return.
Luxor/Queldor
Luxor/Queldor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:32 pm

Sadly, I'm leaving the BKG to join the Sacrarium (http://www.defiasrp.com/t6531-h-the-sacrarium). Whilst I'll still have Aelrath as a Blood Knight within Silvermoon, I'll be under a different Guild.

What I might do however, is roll another Paladin named Aelrath as well and just put them in the Sacrarium so I'm dual guilding with the same character ICly. At least until I get in touch with Tiffane on Steam or something and transfer Guild Ownership.

We'll see where it goes.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:19 am

People say this every time someone quits, a guild dies or a group of people transfer away.

Bullshit.

On-topic, good luck with this Very Happy Really hope it all works out.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:22 am

Raenmar wrote:

People say this every time someone quits, a guild dies or a group of people transfer away.

Bullshit.

That one hub shrinks doesn't mean that the realm as a whole does, 'cause other hubs and guilds may grow at the same time. Wink

Either way, good luck. Been a bit boring without the presence of people capable of dealing with criminals.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxor/Queldor Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:57 am

Fair enough. Well, at least the Silvermoon population shrank. There's no denying that.

Raene wrote:Sadly, I'm leaving the BKG to join the Sacrarium (http://www.defiasrp.com/t6531-h-the-sacrarium). Whilst I'll still have Aelrath as a Blood Knight within Silvermoon, I'll be under a different Guild.

What I might do however, is roll another Paladin named Aelrath as well and just put them in the Sacrarium so I'm dual guilding with the same character ICly. At least until I get in touch with Tiffane on Steam or something and transfer Guild Ownership.

We'll see where it goes.

I agree; we'll see what we can do.

Raenmar wrote:On-topic, good luck with this Very Happy Really hope it all works out.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl wrote:Either way, good luck. Been a bit boring without the presence of people capable of dealing with criminals.

Thank you both, we'll do our best.
Luxor/Queldor
Luxor/Queldor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:13 am

I´ll play my Blood Knight again when I´m back in may. See you then!
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryak Sunwhisper Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:28 am

My BK has been helping the council at meetings when he can so if something comes up count on me.

/w Neyth
Ryak Sunwhisper
Ryak Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Ryak Sunwhisper
Title: Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Catari Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:37 am

Or, you Blood Knights could just join the Sacrarium and help us purge those evil demon worshipping Magist--- erh, warlocks from the city!
Catari
Catari

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:35 pm

That's actually not too bad of an idea Queldor.

Aelrath was a Blood Knight Master last I RP'd, and should still have that IC rank. She'll still be a Blood Knight, even though she's going to be in the Sacrarium.

Who's to say that given time, persuasion, and the correct usage of IC rank, they'd be persuaded to join the Sacrarium? We'll still be Blood Knights, but we'll have more to RP with behind the scenes as well as Knightly duties during the day.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:38 am

Raene wrote:That's actually not too bad of an idea Queldor.

Aelrath was a Blood Knight Master last I RP'd, and should still have that IC rank. She'll still be a Blood Knight, even though she's going to be in the Sacrarium.

Who's to say that given time, persuasion, and the correct usage of IC rank, they'd be persuaded to join the Sacrarium? We'll still be Blood Knights, but we'll have more to RP with behind the scenes as well as Knightly duties during the day.

I'm afraid that is not applicable.
The Sacrarium is a complete opposite of the Blood Knight order. They're a cult that values inequality, side-plotting and gaining influence, heresy in on itself as the actual Blood Knight order, if it existed in any form, would attempt to practice censorship if not even accuse the guild of high treason and 'righteously' burn 'em all. Furthermore, as someone commented, this guild can be viewed as more of an enemy to the horde, as to the alliance 'cuz it sees to refer to the Light as a religion, rather then a philosophy and each and every person, for example a Orcish Warrior, who does not even believe the Light exists in the form of a deity would be considered a heretic. You can quote me on this.

In some cases, though not always, the modern Blood Knight twists the Light through the prism of their inherited arcane affinity and casts the spells as if they were from an arcane school of magic, drawing the power itself from a source. That sourse is most likely a Naaru, the sunwell or, in the case of talented arcanists, sealed marks on one's bare skin, drawn by an arcane runeforger and blessed by the Naaru. This may seem a bit complicated to understand but think of it as a battery for your TV remote. You have a rune, it's charged by the Naaru - you can cast Divine Storm and the like. You don't - you still have some glowing runes but you can't cast Light. If you try, arcane is going to come out and it's going to be unstable and uselessly weak in terms of potency. The above, I believe, are the only alternatives to casting Light without being "faithful".
That and being flat out a genius that is not bound by the lack of connection to the universe.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:40 pm

I've been a Blood Knight and been around them for the majority of the past 2 years now. Trust me, I know how BK's work, and how Server Lore interprets the modern day BK to work, but thanks for the lore lesson.

That being said, after the Sunwell event and how Matriarch Liadrin reacted to the events that transpired it's generally accepted that the BK's these days are devout Naaru followers who draw upon the Light itself (read; Religious worship), rather than syphon it from a Naaru (E.G. Pre-Sunwell).

They're a cult that values inequality, side-plotting and gaining influence, heresy in on itself as the actual Blood Knight order, if it existed in any form, would attempt to practice censorship if not even accuse the guild of high treason and 'righteously' burn 'em all.

Hah, you clearly weren't here when the last BKG was around.

You can quote me on this

I won't, seeing as you're quite wrong. The Sacrarium whilst primarily a Light based guild, is actually more orientated about preparing for the End of Days and fighting off the Legion. That's why the Guild accepts Undeads/DKS, Magi, and if I'm not mistaken, also Warlocks.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Raene wrote:That's why the Guild accepts Undeads/DKS, Magi, and if I'm not mistaken, also Warlocks.
No they don't.

There are two people here discussing what the Sacrarium is and you both got it wrong. Might be best to discuss the Sacriarium in the Sacriarium thread, so the Sacriarium members can respond and explain.

---

Norrian/Chezz wrote:You can quote me on this.

Yes! Let's do some quoting. I'm having some trouble understanding what you are trying to say in your post. Especially the block down below.

Norrian/Chezz wrote:I'm afraid that is not applicable.
The Sacrarium is a complete opposite of the Blood Knight order. They're a cult that values inequality, side-plotting and gaining influence, heresy in on itself as the actual Blood Knight order, if it existed in any form, would attempt to practice censorship if not even accuse the guild of high treason and 'righteously' burn 'em all. Furthermore, as someone commented, this guild can be viewed as more of an enemy to the horde, as to the alliance 'cuz it sees to refer to the Light as a religion, rather then a philosophy and each and every person, for example a Orcish Warrior, who does not even believe the Light exists in the form of a deity would be considered a heretic. You can quote me on this.

Somewhere during reading this, I'm getting lost on what you're trying to say.

Furthermore, as someone commented, this guild can be viewed as more of an enemy to the horde, as to the alliance 'cuz it sees to refer to the Light as a religion, rather then a philosophy

Are you trying to say that the Light as a religion is something the horde and the Alliance somehow oppose? The Light is the main religion of the Alliance, and the High Elves.

They're a cult that values inequality, side-plotting and gaining influence, heresy in on itself as the actual Blood Knight order, if it existed in any form, would attempt to practice censorship

And censorship is somehow not an act of trying to gain influence, and getting your opinion put over others?

heresy in on itself as the actual Blood Knight order

You mean to say that the Blood Knights consider something heresy, while you also try and state that the Blood Knight Order does not follow a religion, but a philosophy, if even that? If that is true, they don't know "heresy". Or did you mean that the Blood Knight order, in the eyes of the Sacrarium, are heretics?

Your argument is so terribly, hopelessly confusing that I am left with no idea of what you are trying to say. Or even why you're trying to say it.

Norrian/Chezz wrote:In some cases, though not always, the modern Blood Knight twists the Light through the prism of their inherited arcane affinity and casts the spells as if they were from an arcane school of magic, drawing the power itself from a source. That sourse is most likely a Naaru, the sunwell or, in the case of talented arcanists, sealed marks on one's bare skin, drawn by an arcane runeforger and blessed by the Naaru. This may seem a bit complicated to understand but think of it as a battery for your TV remote. You have a rune, it's charged by the Naaru - you can cast Divine Storm and the like. You don't - you still have some glowing runes but you can't cast Light. If you try, arcane is going to come out and it's going to be unstable and uselessly weak in terms of potency. The above, I believe, are the only alternatives to casting Light without being "faithful".
That and being flat out a genius that is not bound by the lack of connection to the universe.

These are all acceptable mechanics. But what does it have to do with your argument?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:32 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
Raene wrote:That's why the Guild accepts Undeads/DKS, Magi, and if I'm not mistaken, also Warlocks.
No they don't.

There are two people here discussing what the Sacrarium is and you both got it wrong. Might be best to discuss the Sacriarium in the Sacriarium thread, so the Sacriarium members can respond and explain.

The Sacrarium naturally believes that the Holy Light represents the Ultimate Good of the world, and all other sides represent varying degrees of evil or heresy, but they are willing to form temporary alliances with the “lesser evils” such as the Horde, or at the very least tolerate their existence, as they rid the world of the greater evils first.

Furthermore, it should also be mentioned that all forms of magic except for Light (even the Arcane schools) are seen as “impure” at best if not outright heretical, but fundamentalist leadership is nothing if not hypocritical, so members wielding non-Light magic are naturally just seen as “brave martyrs” who would sacrifice the purity of their souls for the greater good.

But I stand corrected on;

It should be said that forsaken and death knights are a complete no-no though
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Raene wrote:
(read; Religious worship)

From Wikipedia:
"Evelyn Underhill (2001) defines worship thus: "The absolute acknowledgment of all that lies beyond us—the glory that fills heaven and earth. It is the response that conscious beings make to their Creator, to the Eternal Reality from which they came forth; to God, however they may think of Him or recognize Him, and whether He be realized through religion, through nature, through history, through science, art, or human life and character."[2] Worship asserts the reality of its object and defines its meaning by reference to it."

Worship is directed towards an "it". Towards a being Very Happy You are wrong Very Happy We should probably just ask 'em.

Raene wrote:
It's generally accepted that the BK's these days are devout Naaru followers who draw upon the Light itself (read; Religious worship), rather than syphon it from a Naaru (E.G. Pre-Sunwell).

Can you prove that? A quote from some wiki? Or perhaps I've missed a novel?

Raene wrote:

Hah, you clearly weren't here when the last BKG was around.

What do you mean?

Raene wrote:
I won't, seeing as you're quite wrong. The Sacrarium whilst primarily a Light based guild, is actually more orientated about preparing for the End of Days and fighting off the Legion. That's why the Guild accepts Undeads/DKS, Magi, and if I'm not mistaken, also Warlocks.

This is clearly the part that appeals to you more. Go through the thread one more time(if you want) - a heavier emphasis falls upon the "punishing" of heretics then the actual traveling. part

Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Erl,

You said:
"Somewhere during reading this, I'm getting lost on what you're trying to say."
My Reply:
What I'm trying to say in is that you're a fanatical cult of blade wielding zealots and I believe that that is no place for a member of the BK order. Very Happy In a friendly tone and providing some arguments.

You said:
Are you trying to say that the Light as a religion is something the horde and the Alliance somehow oppose? The Light is the main religion of the Alliance, and the High Elves.
My Reply:
No Sir, what I meant was that while reading through the comments someone stated that this guild may be considered friendly by more members of the alliance, in comparison to members of the horde. And I agree with the previous statement.

You said:
And censorship is somehow not an act of trying to gain influence, and getting your opinion put over others?
My reply:
*Impish grin* Your point? Very Happy

You said:
You mean to say that the Blood Knights consider something heresy, while you also try and state that the Blood Knight Order does not follow a religion, but a philosophy, if even that? If that is true, they don't know "heresy". Or did you mean that the Blood Knight order, in the eyes of the Sacrarium, are heretics?

Your argument is so terribly, hopelessly confusing that I am left with no idea of what you are trying to say. Or even why you're trying to say it.
My reply:
Oh you understand just fine, sir Very Happy. But anyway, let's try to write down more simply: If the BKG existed at all, it would (in my opinion) deem the Sacrarium heretics and banish them from Silvermoon if they're lucky. If they're not it's going to hang them for attempting to clear the world of impurites. That would be our job. Very Happy
Furthermore, apologies for the poor structure. I'm using comas to indicate change of intonation. While not a mistake, this method of writing is not used outside science books and some tech magazines.

Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Worship is directed towards an "it". Towards a being You are wrong We should probably just ask 'em

What... You're confusing Christian religion with a fictional WoW Religion and saying that Light worship does not exist because some Woman named Evelyn said so? Look buddy, go research the WoW Light before you tell me that nobody worships the Light as a religion in Warcraft. (And if you really want to be picky about "Its" then look at the Naaru)

Can you quote that?

Why yes, yes I can.

Enter Lady Liadrin.
Lady Liadrin says: Our arrogance was unpardonable. We damned one of the most noble beings of all. We may never atone for this sin.
Prophet Velen says: Then fortunate it is, that I have reclaimed the noble naaru's spark from where it fell! Where faith dwells, hope is never lost, young blood elf.
Lady Liadrin says: Can it be?

The Sunwell restored by the spark of M'uru.
Prophet Velen says: Gaze now, mortals - upon the HEART OF M'URU! Unblemished. Bathed by the light of Creation - just as it was at the Dawn.
The heart of M'uru disintegrates and flows into the Sunwell. The Sunwell reignites in a fount of blinding light.
Prophet Velen says: In time, the light and hope held within - will rebirth more than this mere fount of power... Mayhap, they will rebirth the soul of a nation.
Lady Liadrin says: Blessed ancestors! I feel it... so much love... so much grace... there are... no words... impossible to describe...
Prophet Velen says: Salvation, young one. It waits for us all.
Prophet Velen says: Farewell...

Sorry, did I just read that Lady Liadrin, Matriarch of the Blood Knight Order being over-whelmed by the Lights love? Surely that must be an error... Oh wait...

Lady Liadrin says: My brothers and sisters, words cannot describe what I felt upon seeing the Sunwell rekindled.
Lady Liadrin says: In that moment, the Light revealed to me the truth of the terrible things I had done.
Lady Liadrin says: Our people had walked a dark path and mine was among the darkest of them all.
Lady Liadrin says: But the Light showed me that I was not lost. It helped me to find the strength to survive in spite of all that had happened and all the evil I had wrought.
Lady Liadrin says: It is a strength that we sin'dorei all share. It is a strength we will need to free ourselves of the addiction ravaging our people.
Lady Liadrin says: It will be the most difficult battle we have ever faced, but our resolve and the power of the Sunwell will sustain us until we have been restored to our greatness.

Nope, seems like Liadrin is pretty happy with her light loving right about now. You might want to get your lore checked.

What do you mean?

What do you mean, what do I mean? The last BKG was all about sub-plots, wanting to police-state the city, despising certain classes of people/groups. The BKG has never been an honorable enterprise.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Alright, thanks for clearing this up. Now I'm only confused on one of your points.
Norrian/Chezz wrote:If the BKG existed at all, it would (in my opinion) deem the Sacrarium heretics and banish them from Silvermoon if they're lucky. If they're not it's going to hang them for attempting to clear the world of impurites. That would be our job.
I agree that the Blood Knight Guard could see the Sacrarium as a disruptive force to the public order, and should be persecuted for that.

You tried to make the point earlier that the Blood Knights do not follow the Light as a religion. If they do not follow a religion, they can't deem the sacrarium heretics. For an organisation to have a notion of heresy, they have to follow a religion themselves.

I can come to two conclusions reading this:
1) In your opinion, the Blood Knight Guard would see the Sacrarium as a threat to society, and the peace and unity of the Horde and Silvermoon.
2) In your opinion, the Blood Knights follow a religion with a radically different view on the Light as the Sacrarium, leading them to persecute the Sacrarium as being heretics.

Which one of the above is true?

Raene wrote:What do you mean, what do I mean? The last BKG was all about sub-plots, wanting to police-state the city, despising certain classes of people/groups. The BKG has never been an honorable enterprise.
Elves gonna elf. What a Face
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Raene wrote: A lot of spiteful shit.

Religion = Deity
Faith = Belief in something.

And the Matriarch is a single person, luv. What if some blood knight have not learned their lesson? What if some BKs do not want to trust in the Light and keep using arcane to show off how talented they are? Do BK's look like a honorable bunch to you? One that pays heed to warning of imminent doom? C'mon, don't use that tone, it's offensive and you are spiteful. Look at yourself. Seriously...
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:39 pm

Liadrin is just a single person, as are a lot of people in WoW, but I think their opinions would be highly valuable and hold a lot of power when they are the singular most powerful leaders of that faction. For someone wanting to RP a leader role for BKs it'd be helpful if you understood how your own faction leader thought. She wouldn't put you in that position ICly if she didn't think you suited for the job

I'm not apologising for anything here. You're stepping into shoes that have been long since filled with arrogant remarks such as "it might be difficult for you to understand" and "you can quote me in this" as if you are the leading authority on Blood Knights and Blood Knight RPers. It's clear to me you've not been doing this BK business long, yet you speak with such confidence as if you are the subject matter expert when you're clearly missing fundamental lore.

It's a good thing there are rumours of Tiffanes return circulating because I dread to imagine what the Blood Knights would be like under your guidance.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next