Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only IC posts in IC threads.

+6
Raenmar
Grufftoof
Gilran
Krogon Devilstep
Rhonya Steelheart
Feral / Blackfall
10 posters

Go down

Only IC posts in IC threads. Empty Only IC posts in IC threads.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:27 pm

DefiasRP has a long standing reputation on the IC threads to on a constant basis deviate into OOC discussions. I've participated in a few and I recognize that, but I feel that it's not productive for the IC writings of people nor the actual threads to be constantly littered with OOC shit. Also this thread is partly inspired by the lack of IC in the rumor mill in the past few hours, but also in general.

I propose that all IC threads be maintained strictly IC with all OOC queries addressed either into General Chat or via PM. I propose that the moderators assist with this and maintain that IC threads are kept IC, removing any posts that are OOC regardless of their constructiveness or validity.

If this happens, I think it could be very encouraging for people to put more thought into how their character would respond, and as such be more productive over-all for role-play that is relevant to the IC statement/announcement/paper/wanted poster/rumor.

Thoughts of agreement or disagreement?

Back to top Go down

Only IC posts in IC threads. Empty Re: Only IC posts in IC threads.

Post by Feral / Blackfall Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:09 pm

I personally think that the splitting of OOC/IC will get too sloppy. If it's an obvious question, for example, the thread's author might find themselves with eight PMs for the same one. Most OOC posts are tagged in ((these guys right here)) so it's not that big a deal IMO.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhonya Steelheart Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:11 pm

I'd agree with Feral. Some ooc inputs can still be usefull in some topics. (Though I agree on the Rumor one). I mostly enjoy some of the opinions ooc as well to read! As long as they're adding something to the actual subject, that is.
Rhonya Steelheart
Rhonya Steelheart

Character sheet
Name: Rhonya Steelheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:25 pm

If you dislike Critique, don't post on a Community forum.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:33 pm

I'd rather leave it to people to use common sense, that an some OOC input is useful.

I (and the other mods) have absolutely no intention of policing threads in that manner.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:41 pm

Surely it's not unreasonable to state that when an IC post is made it is made in order to to gather IC responses?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:04 am

Of course not, but that doesn't mean you can demand that people only respond in an IC manner. If someone has an OOC point to make about the subject at hand (provided it isn't lengthy and detracts from the thread entirely) then they're perfectly within their rights to do so.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:09 am

Let's be perfectly clear and honest here. The majority of OOC points under IC threads are the complete opposite.

Can something still be done about something that's literally borderline post farming or spam across all IC threads?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:15 am

I agree with some points Vangrel brought here, I have seen many threads that were aimed to be In-Character, but got derailed by the OOC comments that were irrelevant to the thread's topic.

While I don't think the IC threads should be kept that strictly IC, there should still be some more strict approach towards the OOC comments that appear to be off-topic or trolling attempts.

Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:23 am

There is no post farming. There are pointless posts. There is some spamming and flaming. And, as in your original post, you have participated in "a few".

There are a small number of people who post who seem to sporadically erupt into sniping and mud slinging.

That doesn't really belong in any thread, OOC or IC.

As my post in the Rumour Thread said, I was planning on sorting through that particular pile of crap. But I was also doing other things, on a Friday evening. So I made a post to say "noted, stop this".

Actively and instantly eliminating stupid (and that is how I see "problem posts" - OOC isn't "stupid" it has it's place in any thread really) threads isn't all that easy when things often flare up quickly, when people are doing other things. And when an actual sensible, mature reaction may require more thought.

It's not a massive request to hope that people could actually monitor their own posts themselves. Think before they hit "Send". Moderators should not be here to act as editors, or babysitters. Our action should come after (I guess) failures in people's own civility... and sense.

There is a fine line, and one that has previously been bemoaned as having been crossed (and I am talking historically, not recently) when a Moderator or member has asked for removal of a thread or posts because of supposed OOC (or other actions). Deletion or removal is a tool we can use, and will.

However, not posting something in the first bloody place is a far easier and simpler step.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:32 am

There are pointless posts.

Okay, so in the end - This is the root of the problem really. Perhaps some sort of open policy on what sort of posts GENERALLY belong and what sort of posts don't.

Would it be feasible to ask about a broad policy on posting relevantly in both OOC & IC threads and posts that are not relevant could/will be removed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:29 am

You were baiting for OOC posts tbh.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Catari Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:36 am

Remove post counter!

Problem solved!

Atleast one of them Smile
Catari
Catari

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:23 am

I don't think people post farm, I didn't even realise that was a thing until this thread.

So I just read through rumour mill, you do as much OOC as the others. Too many whiners on this forum.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:22 pm

It's not a thing to farm posts on this forum. Why would it be? This thread is fucking dumb, it started out of dumb, and it's continuing to be based on Dumb.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Vangrel was handed a temporary ban for his conduct of late, and thus won't be able to respond to this thread for a while. I'm going to lock it, since he can't defend himself or the subject matter. He can have it re-opened when he regains access if he wishes it.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down