Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Suggestions Regarding A Laptop

+4
Kozgugore Feraleye
Raene
Sohan
Skarain
8 posters

Go down

Need Suggestions Regarding A Laptop Empty Need Suggestions Regarding A Laptop

Post by Skarain Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:19 pm

For my army times, i intend to buy a laptop. I intend to do some research of my own when i have a chance, but asking regardless here. I seek one powerful enough to be used for gaming, namely with enough kick and graphics and memory to play World of Warcraft without any problems. Can be Windows, Mac or anything as long as it works. My budget is max 2000 euros.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Need Suggestions Regarding A Laptop Empty Re: Need Suggestions Regarding A Laptop

Post by Sohan Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Alienware laptops can run WoW on ultra settings.

Click this link.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Need Suggestions Regarding A Laptop Empty Re: Need Suggestions Regarding A Laptop

Post by Raene Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:21 pm

Before being deployed out of area, I needed a laptop too for my army times.

I'm using the Samsung Gamer Series 7 Laptop at the moment, and love it.

Skyrim, WoW, Call of Duty, and Assassins Creed all run fine on it, and yes, it can run Crysis.

I can tell you now, you'll never grow old of using Modeshift. My heart still flutters a little bit when the animation plays and you know the Laptop is automatically overclocking itself again in response to you flicking it into gaming mode.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:15 pm

Got a reasonably mid-priced VAIO (should probably be less than 800 euros by now even) for my mobile gaming needs, and it can run WoW on near-ultra settings without much of a problem. Gotta lower a few settings here and there for large-scale events or such, but depending on what other games you'd play along with it, it oughta run most just fine on high settings. So if you're not too picky on ultra settings or want to keep it in a low price range, you won't go wrong with a lower-priced system either.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:30 pm

That being said, if it's definetly a laptop you're buying, make sure it's future proof.

Unlike a PC, if you're buying cheap there is no going back, no easy way to upgrade your purchase, and it will only depreciate in value and function as time goes on.

Buying a laptop should be seen as more of an investment than a purchase, and trust me when I say this, but if you're going into the Military, I'd spend the max you can because it's not always guaranteed that you'll be readily able to play WoW or get an internet connection.

I can't stress this enough. Download, download, download. Buy as many games as you can, pirate if you have to and pay later, just make sure you have enough single player games that you can enjoy when your internet connection is down/unavailable. That, and TV Series, Movies, etc etc. Things to just keep you occupied during down time when the internet is unavailable.

I'm mid-way through my 4 month tour at the moment, and I can tell you now, 2 months without a regular internet connection was enough time to burn through all my single player games, and most of my films, and that's whilst working 14 hour shifts! (I'm currently working at the moment, but Shh!)
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:43 pm

I'd suggest not getting an Alienware. It's a bit like buying something from Apple. You pay 200euro only for the "Alienware" tag.
The ASUS G-series are stable and (somewhat) good price. The fans on them are fantastic. The downside is opening them up if you need to clean out some dust, pure hell.
If no the lightest of machines.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:49 pm

Muzjhath wrote:I'd suggest not getting an Alienware. It's a bit like buying something from Apple. You pay 200euro only for the "Alienware" tag.
That is true, but they are still really good laptops.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:52 pm

Well, my point is that there are 10 other brands that make just as good, or better, laptops. For FAR better prices.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:08 pm

well I have a cheepo hp lappy that does the job I paied just shy of £400 and it can JUST about play wow on normal graphics.. I noobed up and should have saved up 1k for something better but meah... as long as you streach your buget as much as you can.. make sure you have exelent ram HDD capacity and a seperate graphics card (not intergrated or shaird) and you should be fine
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Rather then going for expensive alienware or other fancy brands I recommend MSI laptops. Price and preformance ratio is generally good there and there's plenty under 1k euro that's decent, if you got up to 2k you can get quite an awesome machine.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:18 pm

its how much i have earned on my bank account. I might not use -all- of it, but i do not leave that possibility out. I'd imagine having use for a laptop even after the army. Ohwell, ill look more into it soon, when i get on holiday.

Thanks for everyone with suggestions. More are of course welcomen.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:18 am

I wouldn't suggest buying Alienware at all, because they aren't very good as people portray them to be and they don't have that long life-time.

I think every modern laptop for a reasonable price should be able to run wow because it is a game from 2005, despite the engine being updated. Most of them won't run on high performance tbh. Though should look for a laptop with quad core and 4GB ram at least.

Would also suggest you having a look in this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5592454629#8
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down