Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Thirteen - 'Nothin' will keep me from returnin'...'

2 posters

Go down

Chapter Thirteen - 'Nothin' will keep me from returnin'...' Empty Chapter Thirteen - 'Nothin' will keep me from returnin'...'

Post by Jehorius Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:36 pm

Chapter Thirteen - 'Nothin' will keep me from returnin'...'

The pain was unbearable, never had he felt something this cruel. Unable to move, unable to do anything to stop the pain. There was nothing he could do about it. Nothing. There is one thing he is sure about, though - He wasn't eaten, but instead cast somewhere. The Void? What had he done to deserve such a faith, never had he broken any of the rules. He would sooner die than break any of them. No, this isn't the void, I would of known...

Suddenly something was revealed infront of him, an ancient oak. However, the shadows of it were darker, the mountains behind it were larger, the oak itself were taller... He sighed heavily upon seeing the oak. For here he had married a woman he loved more than life itself, and he failed her. Appearing by the oak what looked like a tomb revealed itself. Formed out of the thickest of stone, but who had given him such an honor? His people? No... That was a mystery. The lid of the tomb was formed into a large male with a giant sword resting over his chest. The man had braids, even the details such as scars was added. He frowned and snorted, but couldn't help but to smile.

A chilling breeze swept by and created chaos amongst the leaves of the oak, then piece by piece dragged the enviorment away before his eyes. After the final piece of the highlands were removed - A cold and white wasteland was left behind, he stood infront of a giant temple. 'Vasgar Trollbane...', a silent whisper was heard, he shivered by the sound of it. Walking out from the temple, a giant serpent-like creature crawled out. Instead of arms, It had two huge scythes, Instead of legs it had a large tail. It's scales were blood red and It's stomach sickly yellow. What little hair it had was deep blue. But what stood out the most, was it ferociously red glowing eyes and they just happened to be fixated upon himself.

Vasgar... My dear Vasgar... How are you today? - The Loa asked, grinning madly while staring down upon him.
I've been better... But enough of yer chit-chatin', I want answers. - He stared up at the Loa, boiling with anger, while shivering of fear.
Ack, ack, ack, Vasgar Plainswind. You are fully aware you're not in position to demand anything. We had a deal. - The Loa frowned deeply.
Deal or not, why havn't I been eaten yet? Wha' did I do to deserve this torture? Fail ye? Ye disgust me!' - He narrowed his eyes into a frown himself, glaring.
Very well, I will give you your answers. Listen carefully, for I will only say this once. When the dreamer dreams... The flower grows, the wind it blows and the sun it shines. The dreamers dream is a circle, a circle which must not be broken - Your death snapped this circle in two, thus - I cannot devour you. So I shall send you home, to the hall of which you belong...' - The Loa's grin vanished, and it somehow looked as if it was smiling.
I... I don't understand, but if I am to be honest. I don't want to understand either, just send me home. - The tone in his voice was nearly trembling, pleading.
Close your eyes... Vasgar Plainswind, but remember this... Should you return, you have a promise to fulfill... - The Loa's smile twisted back into It's former grin, as Vasgar closed his eye.
Nothin' will keep me from returnin' ... NOTHIN'! - With these words said, everything turned cold, and nothing could be heard.

A cold, yet comfortable breeze caressed his face, slung his braid off of his chest and further down over his arms. He opened his eyes and gazed up at the shining sun, he narrowed his eyes and slowly sat up. He then noticed he was seated in a boat, big enough for his size atleast – Raising his head further, he noticed the endless reaches of the ocean, however – a thick mist could be seen in the east. This mist slowly parted and revealed a majestic mountain, with an incredibly breathtaking castle. The boat appeared to be floating toward this island, he sat still and waited for It's arrival. The boat reached the decks and he slowly rose to climb onto it, he stared up along the path leading towards the castle – He didn't know why, but he had an ill feeling about this. He reached the large gates of the castle, which opened before him – But no one was there, he peered about before entering. Walking through a long corridor, the decorated walls and floor ended with a door, which he opened – Before him, a large hall where a feast were held revealed itself. Hundred, if not thousand people were seated. Eating, drinking and laughing. However, everyone turned silent upon the door being opened. At the end of the middle table, a large human – A bit taller than Vasgar himself, rose up and raised his flagon.
Hail! Vasgar Trollbane, latest King of the Highlands! We welcome you to our feast, ah-hoom! - The entire hall cheered and screamed! He upheld a fairly cold facade, as he stared down at the closest people. The tables went from left to right, and with each table – The humans had shrunk a bit, as if the tables were divided up from which year you had arrived. He suddenly froze in place, a particular woman and a child were staring at me. The woman being tall and proud, her hair golden by the color – Her large blue eyes nailed into his. The child were fairly large for It's age, his hair brown and eyes clear green. It was extremely alike Vasgar in the way it stood, held his head raised and smiled. His eyes fell upon the table to the very edge to the right. Seated closest to him was a man of average height, broad shoulders and silver gray hair. He stood still for a while, staring out over the gathering which had returned to what they did before he had entered. He had decided, slowly he walked down towards the older man, which noticed him and smiled.
Took ye time ye did, Worg. Have a seat.. We have -much- to discuss... – Upon these words, Vasgar slowly sat down beside Arador and gazed over at Sonda, longingly...
Jehorius
Jehorius

Character sheet
Name: Jehorius 'Regelius Renn' Amaltheria
Title: Iretongues' Hammer

Back to top Go down

Chapter Thirteen - 'Nothin' will keep me from returnin'...' Empty Re: Chapter Thirteen - 'Nothin' will keep me from returnin'...'

Post by Cathee Norris Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:45 pm

*whipes tear* Always loved 'em stories <3 Can't wait for the next one ;O
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Chapter Thirteen - 'Nothin' will keep me from returnin'...' Empty Re: Chapter Thirteen - 'Nothin' will keep me from returnin'...'

Post by Jehorius Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:57 pm

writing it as we speak, will try to have it posted tonight.
Jehorius
Jehorius

Character sheet
Name: Jehorius 'Regelius Renn' Amaltheria
Title: Iretongues' Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down