Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Wild Tempest

+15
Salketh
Allonia_Miral
Lexgrad
Sadok
Thelos
Skarain
Mozrogg Doomhowl
Seranita
Krogon Devilstep
Sorayah
Lavian
Drustai
siegmund
erwtenpeller
Melnerag
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[A] Wild Tempest Empty [A] Wild Tempest

Post by Melnerag Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:02 pm

157th Wild Tempest Company

[A] Wild Tempest Wildtempestlionshield

Wild Tempest began as a paramilitary group by Admiral Taylor in Kun-lai summit, recruiting from local Pandaren, Alliance adventurers and survivors of destroyed units. After the landing of the Alliance Fleets and Operation: Jadefist, Wild Tempest was incorporated into the Grand Alliance military structure and made into a multiracial company.

To join the guild, contact Suon or Amaryl in-game OOCly. If you look to join the 2nd platoon, contact Treadwell or Bloodbottle.

Brief Guild Concept:

Guild Activities:

Ranks, Organization and Discipline:

Last edited by Melnerag on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:31 am; edited 5 times in total
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

[A] Wild Tempest Empty Re: [A] Wild Tempest

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:25 pm

WAAAAARR!!!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:32 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:WAAAAARR!!!

COME AT ME BRO!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:28 am

The guild has reached the IC size of a squad, having 5 members above the rank of recruit! Some more coming this week. Platoon-size before 5.1 hits? MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:41 am

We're looking forward to seeing the rest of our recruits make it up! So far only two members have actually been promoted. Two others were admitted at private rank as a result of previous military service. The other recruits will be promoted when they stop trying to blow up neutral Pandaren taverns, run their mouths, spawn sha, shoot in the direction of teammates, and make any other kind of bad judgment call. <.<

All in all, I've been having great fun with WT, even if my role gives me only limited interaction. It's definitely what Alliance needed. If you too want to support your country in the war effort, then enlist now! The pay is shit, but you get to see the world. One actually exists outside of Stormwind. It does! I'm serious.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:58 am

What the Commodore forgot to mention....

....we have beer. And we are not afraid to drink it!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:29 am

This looks promising. Might check it out when I get back to WoW.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Let's just say that if I had any Alliance characters high enough level to be in pandaria, they would be in this guild Wink
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:57 pm

Melnerag wrote:What the Commodore forgot to mention....

....we have beer. And we are not afraid to drink it!
We also imprison alementals inside kegs and drink those.
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:57 am

[A] Wild Tempest Wowscr11

Tempest, Freelancers and some Loti climbed Neverest!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:05 pm

<3
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:09 pm

/o/
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:49 am

I think I have found something for my monny.. I am gona contact you in game Smile poke your prains some more for this
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mozrogg Doomhowl Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:33 am

More bones to gnaw on!
Mozrogg Doomhowl
Mozrogg Doomhowl

Character sheet
Name: Mozrogg Doomhowl
Title: Orc Warrior, grumpy old bastard

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:37 am

First of many A.A.Rs to come, I am slowly getting better at this. First one was so horrible that nobody read it, second was only read by Drustai (who suffered greatly), third one was proof-read by Drustai who suffered and decided it is time to share the suffering with others.

Rescue of Pandaren prisoners from the Mogu in Mogujia

Date: 19.11
Objective: rescue the seven Pandaren prisoners from the Mogu

Participants: Sgt. Heavenblaze, Pr. Stormsong, Rc. Stongbrew, Rc. Vazimond, Rc. Christon, Rc. Stormclaw, Rc. Cogspark, Linzu Laozi

Plan:
Stormclaw and Christon have scouted the enemy positions and identified one Mogu crossbowman, two halberdiers, one maceman with a shield and a sorcerer guarding seven Pandaren prisoners bound by magical shackles. Vazimond did a magic scrying and detected no wards. We divided into three groups. Stormclaw&Christon were to move in cover to ambush the Crossbowman, Stormsong&Strongbrew moved behind enemy positions to have a clear shot at the maceman. If nobody moved to attack Strongbrew’s position, Stormsong was to join the main group in the fray. On my signal, the two groups would attack and remaining men charge the sorcerer with Cogspark&Vazimond providing magical defense and battling the sorcerer and Linzu and I blocking the Halberdiers from intervening.

[A] Wild Tempest Mogure10

Outcome:
Crossbowman stood amidst Runes of Paralysis which escaped Vazimond’s and Stormclaw&Christon’s detection. Christon attacked the Crossbowman in melee and was rooted in place. Stormclaw attacked at short range and managed to wound the Crossbowman before being shot down in the abdomen at close range. The crossbowman moved to execute paralyzed Christon but probably misjudge Worgen physiology and failed to kill him with one blow. Paralysis ended and Christon&Stormclaw eliminated the ranged Mogu after having taken heavy injuries.

The maceman and the remaining Mogu appeared alerted to our presence before we began the attack, Strongbrew’s shot against the maceman missed. Two halberdiers moved behind the wall and out of Strongbrew’s line of fire, as ordered Pr. Stormsong moved into the battle. Rc. Cogspark has successfully deflected the sorcerer’s initial barrage and we closed in on the main camp. Strongbrew, contrary to the plan and without warning, threw a small explosive at the maceman. As none of us had anybody familiar with explosives in the main group, we saw it land at maceman’s feet and close to the captives. Vazimond was ordered to shield the captives while Cogspark shielded the attacking group, Linzu charged out and dowsed the fuse.

The rest of the battle proceeded according to plan, with only surprise being the Sorcerer’s double resurrection, once as himself and another time in the body of a stone statue. Only complication was Cogspark’s mind-magic causing the appearance of the minor Sha of Fear which managed to use Christon’s weakened condition to possess him. Intervention of the whole squad and timely arrival of the Shado-master and his assistant resolved the problem.

Successes:
Rc. Cogspark’s mind magic has proven more effective in deflecting the Mogu attacks by confusing their mind than magical shields, it allowed us to land clean strikes on the maceman as his mind was confused.

Rc. Vazimond’s timely intervention with a magical shield and successful unraveling of the Mogu magic binding the captives has saved their lives from the Stone Statue form of the Mogu Sorcerer.

Rc. Strongbrew’s relocation to the top of the wall around the camp once all hostiles were occupied gave him clean and easy shots which aided the battle.

Pr. Stormsong’s speed and ferocity in combat took the maceman and the sorcerer by surprise, she has proven a fast and precise warrior with two kills to her name and Stone Statue’s shattered leg.

Rc. Stormclaw threw his spear across camp and pinned the minor Sha to the ground, which gave me the chance to finish it easily before it could do any more damage.

Improvements:
Rc. Strongbrew’s explosive was a minor one, and would not have damaged the prisoners. He should have informed the squad of having this weapon at his disposal, and it’s limits, before the attack. The squad will be briefed on their collective capabilities with attacks that affect an area.

Rc. Vazimond’s scrying did not detecting the runes around the Crossbowman, any scrying will no longer be trusted fully and all teams will be instructed to watch where they step and search for magical was well as conventional traps.

Rc. Christon charged the Sha while being in a weakened state and emotionally unbalanced by how close he came to dying. Squad will be instructed not to engage the Sha unless in top shape, or explicitly ordered to.
Rc. Cogspark will receive Sha-instruction and asked to adjust her mind-magic accordingly so that her attacks no longer cause similar accidents.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Nice.
However! It was me and Stormclaw who scouted the mogu initially, not Christon and Stormclaw Crying or Very sad
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:54 pm

See, I need to make them AFTER Action Reports, and not Three-day After Action Reports....then my memory will not fail! Sad
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:10 pm

Really cool report, really cool.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Do these reports have some sort of IC presence? If so, how would a crafty spy go about getting their furry paws on them?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:24 pm

Paozi wrote:Do these reports have some sort of IC presence? If so, how would a crafty spy go about getting their furry paws on them?

This one was delivered a few days ago so it's already been filed away in Arey's cabinet. Said files would be under pretty tight lock and key so it'd take a pretty concerted effort to get them once they're there. Best way to get them is likely going to be from Suon in the immediate time she's writing/has written them or while they're still being delivered (Suon only sometimes delivers them by hand, other times has a messenger deliver).

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:30 pm

All right, cheers for the info, I'll keep it in mind!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:47 am

OOC:
Battle against the Red Blade tomb-raiders in the Valley of the Emperors

Date: 29.11
Objective: Drive out the Red Blade force and secure the Valley of the Emperors for the Alliance tomb-raiders.

Participants:
Three Hammers Pandarian Expeditionary Force (13 ); Naval Task Force Wild Tempest, joint with Royal Outfit of Explorers, Adventurers and Academics and Warlock Sector (12).

Sgt. Suon Heavenblaze, Cpl. Xildon Tinkertron, Pte. Nhadya Stormsong, Rc. Vazimond, Rc. Tachal Stormclaw, Rc. Doltri Cogspark, miss Drustai (WS), Apprentice Skarain (WS), Siegmund Shadow (ROEAA), miss Allonia (ROEAA), Alliance Ranger (ROEAA), Alliance Warlock (...)

Plan&Preparation:
Captain Dorik Thunderbelly was organizing the whole operation and settled on the plan of “Hit them. If they stand up, hit them again until they are dead.”. I have sent the ROEAA the day before to scout the Neverest path into the Valley since it was blocked several days ago, I took the Task Force to scout the One Keg path but found it blocked by the Red Blade orcs.

I have divided our force in two groups. First group was led by miss Drustai and consisted of her apprentice Skarain, Rc. Cogspark, Rc. Vazimond and the Alliance Warlock. This group’s task was to stay close to Dwarven battle-menders and keep them protected and if nobody attacked, to provide ranged support for the main group.

Second group was led by myself and consisted of Cpl. Tinkertron, Pte. Stormsong, Rc. Stormclaw, mister Shadow, miss Allonia and the ROEAA Ranger (who joined us in haste several minutes before battle and could not be filled in on the situation). This group’s task was to wait for the main Dwarven force to engage the enemy and flank the battle to strike enemy spellcasters and disable them.

I have informed captain Thunderbelly of my plan before we departed Westwind Rest, he saw no reason to adjust it but informed me that their force only had one mender. I passed it on to miss Drustai and told her to refocus attention on combat support.

Outcome:
Captain Thunderbelly took the force past one Keg and onto the Neverest path. He gave orders to two Gryphon Riders to scout the enemy force, they returned a minute later informing us that the Red Blade hold a narrow chokepoint into the Valley and number about 20. There were no words of their composition. Captain Thunderbelly took us closer to the Horde position. We stood in the valley proper and Orcs held two small hills and several blind spots that we could not see. Captain Thunderbelly ordered the charge.

I took my squad along the cliff and in cover of vegetation and charged the Menders, to be surprised by the Orc reserve which stood out of sight behind the mountain and delayed, which gave the menders a chance to relocate. We swiftly recovered and took down at least two menders and two ranged support before Captain Thunderbelly called a retreat.

[A] Wild Tempest First_10

By this time I could get a look on part of the enemy force myself. They numbered about twenty, had four menders (three spirit-seekers and one very much like a Jade Temple Mistweaver), two assassins, two rangers and at least three battle-casters.

Thunderbelly took us deeper into the valley and ordered a search for an alternative path behind enemy lines, but the Orc force caught on to us and forced another battle. Captain Thunderbelly quickly drew up our line for battle. He positioned the spellcasters on a steep hill, I hid my squad behind a rock-formation. Once the Orc and the Dwarves clashed, I spotted their ranged trying to ascend the cliff and intercepted. The Orc menders drew back into the valley and behind their own battle-line, I followed. Meanwhile, our own menders and casters were pushed off the hill by enemy charge and forced to move behind a cliff, which enabled them to support the main dwarven force but cut my own squad from ranged assistance. As the battle turned in the favour of the orcs, Captain Thunderbelly called for another retreat.

[A] Wild Tempest Second10

Orcs pursued us, but Captain Thunderbelly drew us up for battle further along the valley. Dwarven Line closed the gap, rangers gathered between two steep hills and I hid my squad behind a ridge. Once the orcs engaged, I moved my squad out and hit their menders. This time mister Shadow was pursuing an independent target (Mistweaver) to help separate the healers. Within a few seconds, we easily dispatched the Spiritspeaker menders and move on to their battlecasters. Meanwhile, Dwarven line supported by our mages held fast and the orcs, now cut off from their own support disengaged from battle. Our force was allowed to leave the valley alive and without heavy losses.

[A] Wild Tempest Third_10

Captain Thunderbelly ordered the Gryphon Riders to watch our retreat as he took the group back to Westwind without incident.

Successes:
Captain Thunderbelly is extraordinary in his ability to keep the group together and draw it up quickly despite defeat, preventing any shameful rout.

Those under my command did extremely well, keeping together and striking together against enemy menders and casters.

Mister Shadow has shown good thinking in picking a separate target to prevent enemy menders from supporting one another. This maneuver will be added to squad’s training.

Improvements:
We should have used the Gryphon Riders to find alternative ways behind enemy lines instead of searching for one in the thick of battle.

We should have used the gryphon riders to spy the composition of enemy force and location of subunits before battle.

I should not have pursued the enemy menders in second battle, since the maneuver was not coordinated with our own ranged support and this resulted in our force being separated and unable to work together. Better communication between sub-units is needed.

We should probably not use “Hit them. If they stand up, hit them again until they are dead” plan in the future.
Small melee team must be assigned to keeping our own spellcasters safe.

Notes:
Recruit Vazimond spoke his concern with fighting alongside necromancers and warlocks. He is worried about damage to alliance image.

Dwarven mage was indignant about five adventurers in our force’s midst. (Warlock, 3 ROEAA and Draenei spiritspeaker).

Last edited by Melnerag on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:22 am

Most excellent, Melnerag. A very detailed (astonishly so) report of last night's battles, and your diagrams are the icing on the cake! And the event itself was buckets of fun.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:32 am

Glad you liked it! My map-skill is slowly imrpoving as well.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Holy shit, those maps made me hard Melnerag!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next